The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nitrogen

T. huanucoensis (?) & T. X?

Question

Check these out - the first is what I recall my friend Mitosis had growing - it looks like a big fat bridgesii - but much fatter than any bridgesii..

IMG_8400_zps3aa0412e.jpg

IMG_8404_zpsa29c7713.jpg

IMG_8402_zps1788cd62.jpg

And what is this here? This is not a terscheckii no?

IMG_8414_zpsf700a21d.jpg

IMG_8415_zps3c2ba5f7.jpg

• Like 6

8 answers to this question

Hey my friend! Good to see you post! Awesome pics! First one looks like a peruvianus in the style of rosei, but a different One. Second One is indeed a relative of terscheckii, but hell what a great One! Never seen this spination on a terscheckii. Please tell me more!

The white areole fuzz & disrinct V shaped ridges may be a sign of Huanocoensis , the reddish brown short spined tip resembles a suspected pachanoi clone I've seen. One arm looks like a Juuls giant with really short spines where as the rest look typical for Huanocoensis, I really like the second one because I have no input on it other than its short spined appearance.

I'm not sure what to make of the first one, but the young spines on the second scream T. tacaquirensis. The column is quite T. terscheckii-like though. Intermediary? Hybrid? What's the origins of the plant?

~Michael~

• Like 1

Yea the first one in person looks a lot more bridgesii than peruvianus - it has that typical bridgesii coloration too - it's just so fat.. The one Mitosis had looked just like this, and I remember him saying that that plant (I think he called it huanucoensis) was not a plant valuable to shamanic traditions.

I don't know the origins of either plant..

Well, it's definitely not a bridgesii. That's a peruvianus. Maybe sith similar genetics as the huanucoensis but there is really no way to say for sure.

And the second One is extremely interesting! Again, get both plants if somebody offered them to you.

"looks like a fat bridgesii" no it does not!! (but then again the colours of the pic are not right I think)

I say peruvianus/peruvianoid, which is what huanucoensis seems to be... got hints of pachanoi too I would say...

the terscheckii are quite OK terscheckii minus the somewhat sparcer spination and shorter spines... Maybe its a "logan validus" terscheckii ?

but hey, michael is right, the pup (is this coming from the same plants?!?!) looks taq/tac