The Corroboree
_Cursive

About KK #s. Sacred Cactus website.

The article is more or less correct.

However, i wouldn't recommend that website as the owner is a real wanker and is known to post many non factual articles.

• Like 3

Indeed, the owner of that website is a tosser who himself regularly mistakes the identity of the cacti he aggressively markets on ebay..

Karel Knive is, apparently, a bit off his rocker, and you never know exactly what he'll send you - but he's not a complete wanker like the guy above.. My comrade Malo, who spread around the popular "huarazensis," clone got it from a Knize shipment that included a variety of other pachanoi types..

• Like 3

Sacred Cactus could probably use a few more ears and a smaller voice, but there's absolutely no indication that Knize numbers plants based upon their being representative of endemic populations, if the numbers aren't unintentional mislabels or intentional misleadings to sell plants. But even if keeping the numbers straight it's likely that he's simply collecting and numbering plants, particularly all the T. pachanoi sorts, that are nothing more than plants in locals' gardens. So how many T. pachanoi are grown throughout Huaraz? I for one am not sure these numbered plants represent local variations that maintains some sort of consistency in habit from those of other towns or regions? I suspect the plant we call "T. huarazensis," but which I got into my collection as T. pachanoi v. huaraz is just one of many representations of T. pachanoi in Huaraz.

~Michael~

• Like 1

twin turbo wanker of the utmost cunticity

i think it may well also be the guy with the cactus in the ass in EG's thread

=edit= if not , it should be

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 3

Thanks for the input guys! :)

• Like 1

That dude is good at writing smear articles. That's about all he's good for.

KK has probably done more for world cactophiles than any other person. I don think that that his occasional mislabeling is all that terrible, after all science does not offer much id on this plants. Apart from the pach, peruv, bridge abc... No comments on the sacred cactus dude, everybody knows he is "strange" to say the least. Koehres sells you something, lets say peruvianus and you get pachanoi, wonder why no one is spreading this "stigma" also...

As for the Huarazensis issue. Huaraz is the name of a city and a province in the department of Ancash. I believe that Huarazensis could apply for the cacti in Huaraz city. I would not use this name designing plants from the province, I found the plants from the Chavin region (north slope of the Cordillera Blanca) to be totally different. But there is consistency in what can be seen in several gardens in Huaraz and in the southern slope of the Cordillera Blanca. I believe this also matches the material spread by Malo.

I don think that that his occasional mislabeling is all that terrible, after all science does not offer much id on this plants.

Please tell me that again after you paid him 1000 bucks of your hard earned money and he doesn´t deliver! :wink: Been there, done that. Could live with mislabeling. What i can´t live with is spending 1000 bucks for seed and getting a bag of unviable 25 year old KK242 Seed in return. And it´s not just me. I know SO many people who didn´t get what they paid for! It´s one thing not to get the correct label. Not to deliver at all is something ENTIRELY Different!

Edited by Evil Genius

well that's a hell of a seed order.. sorry to hear that. I have never bought directly from him and don't think I will... but the stuff I got from retailers is pretty cool and did germinate.

Yeah, well, we're over it meanwhile. But the big knize order still bugs me up to today. Was chucking in with a few friends and did get back seeds for 80 dollar max. Like, in total for all of us. And most was not viable. The man sold some great stuff but at some point, he just lost it. No hard feelings...just the truth. Very sorry to say that. Wanted that seed SO bad!

Edited by Evil Genius

That SUCKS man!!! Sorry to her that! :ana:

twin turbo wanker of the utmost cunticity

i think it may well also be the guy with the cactus in the ass in EG's thread

=edit= if not , it should be

Cunticity, Love it, Should be word of the Day...lol

• Like 1

Koehres sells you something, lets say peruvianus and you get pachanoi, wonder why no one is spreading this "stigma" also...

Ive never had an issue from that vendor.

The quality of köhres seed varies greatly and i mentioned that numerous times. Since they dont collect the seeds themselves, they rely on the accuracy of the collectors ID. But whenever i ordered from them, they delivered fast and reliable. That being said...they also carry seed that is not viable. Most of this unviable seed comes from someone in peru! ;)

• Like 2

I've had 13/14 good experiences with koehres and one bad experience. And I contacted them after about the non viable seeds and they made it right. Never did try ordering from KK. Is his store shut down now?

I talked to a guy on Facebook a couple weeks ago who just got a shipment of cactuses in the USA from Mr. Knize. I couldn't find a website for Knize though.