The Corroboree
Bush Turkey

Nothing is fun anymore :(

Two 25kg bags of cement then ya hippy hater!! ;)

Or you could enter the Sab armwrestling championship and win your manhood' to the baying of soul thirsty hippies.

Nothing but manhood over here. My girl didn't nickname me "the monster" for nothing :wink:

• Like 2

Ah okay I thought bigM was voted the best tasting chocolate milk by choc milk fanciers somewhere. I love the shit would drink it everyday alas I'm to poor.

It sounds to me like its time to find something else to focus your energy on,

I always find things i enjoy without the approval of others are the most fulfilling.

You can't expect for something you've been enjoying for so long to

continue to feel fresh and new forever (unless it itself is in constant growth.)

You'll find your old interests will become facets of your new self that you

will be able to enjoy later on, in moderation with a new perspective.

I'd stay away from the prescriptions for depression.

BT>>

now that's what I am talking about!

• Like 1

For the last 2 days i have decreased my Zoloft to only 50mg a day instead of 100mg and to be honest, i am starting to feel awesome! I even had fun at work today and that is sooooooooo rare for me.

Just wanted to comment on this point.

There is a lot of anti-depressant bashing on forums. I believe it stems from the things being over-prescribed. Obviously the wrong medication will cause negative effects and cause people to speak negatively about their experiences.

HOWEVER, as a long term experiencer of depressive turns of mood, I found sertraline (Zoloft) extremely helpful. There are times for some when life seems to get increasingly heavy and movement of any sort is damn near impossible. It becomes impossible to help yourself. Anti-depressants are not a cure, but the right one for a person can indeed be like a short-term reprieve from the all-consuming gravity and can allow someone to actually remember what it feels like to be trouble-free and enjoy all the world has to offer.

In my experience, the window was around six months. And sadly, when I tried to start taking them again after stopping the helpful "push" was less than half of the first time. So while they aren't an answer in themselves, for some people who have reached zero momentum they can actually provide an invaluable window of opportunity to make positive changes.

Some of the changes I made after the first time I took sertraline have become ingrained long after I stopped the medication. A simple example is that of physical movement: it is possible for a person to become petrified and literally stop moving altogether. This is stalemate. Nothing changes without movement of some kind. One of the first and probably the single most life changing thing I did within weeks of taking sertraline was join a gym.

I didn't give a shit about what I looked like or being strong or whatever. I was just willing to try ANYTHING at least once, and sertraline gave me the push to leave the house and join the gym. It literally changed my life. I didn't become a gym junkie or buff up or whatever. But I learned something that's never left me - when the ball stops rolling and seems way too heavy to move, hit that thing and push life it's the only thing left to do and be amazed when the damn thing gives a little, then a little more.

Translation: Mind and body are separate. Sometimes ignoring the mind's logic and doing something as simple as getting up and walking until you can't walk any further can change your life forever.

• Like 2

I second Halif for the anti-depressant bashing... I used to be a bit like this in regards with psycho-drugs and SSRI antidepressants in particular, until I saw how much it helped a friend of mine with such problems and especially to go through his therapy.

Seriously the anti-drug people are stupid, naive or worse. I hate the pharmas , for all the political economical and medical complications, but hey I love some drugs, especially the drugs that I use for my back and neck pain, when I have pains there or anything.. they're simply meds no sedatives...

I have also found lots of those people who claim they dont use drugs at all are usually less healthy , like it is unhealthy to be in pain and not take something for it...

Modafinil 100mg first thing in the AM.

you'll feel heaps better