The Corroboree
Halcyon Daze

Woman's racist rant on train

These posts attract a lot of clicks.......people love drama/sensation...just watch the count. I'd like to see her vid.

I think its somewhere around the 800 count in 48hrs. Why are we so attracted to this kinda stuff?

I know I will probably get shot down and runover for this :scratchhead:

But I cannot support the general trend of this post......seriously? laws against hate crime?

This hate crime law is in the uk nz & oz ...(what a surprise)....its fascist!

in a perverse irony its almost hypercritical in its very nature. :BANGHEAD2:

Any law that's restricts our freedoms are just plain wrong, no matter how idealistic their conception might appear.......these are just a constant erosion of our rights....

I don't follow local politics...its just depressing bullshit.....good cop bad cop routine...been there seen that....same assholes that gave us this no hate law are the same assholes picking up a few more brownie points from voters like the crazy women who got you all worked up in the 1st place...and she's the kind of person who votes for the 2 party con...in a cruel twist of fate ...she probably voted for them when they were reforming the immigration act....the seeds we sow..

I focus on the bigger picture, we are all in this together, how about our fellow humans presently being ethnically cleansed in Eastern Urkraine...just so us corps can strip their lands of asserts...and create mayhem on Russia's border ..(meanwhile the saudia's amass their troops on their boarder with Iraq) ..what about the innocent people of Palestine, Iraq, Syria, just the tip of the ice berg...crimes against humanity by the West...the us concentration camp...its 2014...and the west (our government's) supports torture, concentration camps, ethnic cleansing, and fascist regimes...Are the politicians exempt from hate crimes?..every time they call an innocent person a terrorist....or a hippy ?

Everybody Hates...Everybody gets angry and pissed off...justified or not...its what we are...our shit stinks...we can all be nasty greedy assholes...some more than others.....supporting a fascist law, is not going to change that.....all it attempts to do is suppress a persons anger....and that's seriously dangerous......What? bad things are going to disappear just because there's a law against it?......consider the laws against so called drug use...it just made a lot of ordinary people criminals...pushed it underground...where it can fester and be exploited by the real criminal class.............Where do we draw the line....I stop safely at a red light ...the women driver behind me ..not paying attention, runs into the back of me...hops out gives me a smile, I approach her politely, ask her for her details...she s refuses to give them ...I start to copy her licence plate number for insurance...she yells ...totally bellows all kinds of insults from my parents relationship to my cock size to my sexual preference...(all false)...so that's sexism and a lot more ...should I then have her arrested for a hate crime?

Edited by Dreamwalker
  • Like 1

Any law that's restricts our freedoms are just plain wrong, no matter how idealistic their conception might appear

i'm going to try have a go at this, as futile as it may be.

freedom isn't an absolute thing. no one has absolute freedom to do literally whatever they want without consequence. society sets boundaries, whether that be racial, fiscal or whatever. in this case the boundary set is that in a so called liberal western democratic society, people who incite mass hatred against one race or another shall be held accountable. i'm no lawyer, and i can't say where that boundary can be applied or not but it exists. if it (i.e. generic boundaries) doesn't exist then there will be chaos (not anarchy, chaos...two important differences). whether you agree with it or not is another story and in this so called democracy it is your right to petition the state to change the law so that you can incite mass racial hatred, if that's your thing. anyway that's my kindergarten understanding of this "politics" thing,

peace out yo!

• Like 4

A South African friend once said to me, referring to the aprtheid days, "the only difference between South Africa and Australia is we (SA) were stupid enough to make it written it in our laws". Struck me as quite profound at the time (many years ago now), but it still sits with me as being fairly valid. Speaking of Australia generally, not referring to individuals, we are undoubtably a country built on racism, and in many cases that sentiment still holds strong, even if people don't realise it, or show it publicly.

Also, I think these days, people are so caught up in there own shit, they tend to forget theres a whole world of people feeling exactly the same as them out there, hence the hard done by attitiudes that often come out. Its sort of like we are taught to think were always right, and everyone else is out to get us, or stop us or whatever. Somewhat unrelated but simple example. Yesterday I was at a parking ticket machine where you had to get a ticket to display for free for the first 1.5 hrs. As I got my ticket printed out, an elderly lady came to line up behind me. I offered her my ticket out of politeness, and started pushing the buttons to get myself one. Her only reactions were " whats wrong with it? Why don't you want it? How longs it good for?". It never occured to her I was just trying to be polite. I think thats the mentality thats drummed into people these days. With all the bullshit about sending back the boats, muslims, aboriginals etc etc etc thats all over the media, people just forget how to be humane.

Obviously not everyone is like this, and I certainly aint stating anything new. Fortunately it's the people that aren't fooled by this shit, that make me smile and think least all isn't lost just yet :wink:

EDIT - isn't lost not is lost. Typing urghhhh

heres a cool vid about south africa's reverse apartheit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAvHnygutQA&html5=1

hi Bot..............I haven't read the act, & so have no idea of what kind of act may qualify...........The crazy women could not be accused of "inciting mass racial hatred"...but some politicians in the us and Kiev certainly could...its the Hitler cliché.....fair enough if the law prevents organizing a pitched forked rioting mob to attack a minority. but we already have laws to prevent that.

But if its makes a criminal of a person just losing their shit and calling you a bunch of derogatory names....well thats just life, boo hoo...be mature, an ignore them or call them insulting names back......

if they threaten you with violence...that's assault and an arrestable offence...

Hi Foo..............Yeah that link brings up a lot of my concerns..........thanks

Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

:) can't you give us an easier name mate?

so how about Bob or Chas?

sa as you know has always had poor whites, sorry I don't have an hr to watch it......was it Gandhi or some uk poet...the world is full of so many things, surely we all should be as rich as kings................no one in this age should be homeless or forced to live in a shed or go hungry or not have access to medical care...its just wrong.

Edited by Dreamwalker

Any law that's restricts our freedoms are just plain wrong, no matter how idealistic their conception might appear

i'll remind you of your quote. you seem to be arguing for absolute freedom without consequence. i was just using hate crime laws as a topical example

i'll remind you of your quote. you seem to be arguing for absolute freedom without consequence. i was just using hate crime laws as a topical example

Fair enough...........I see what you mean..........I should have expressed it more clearly...........I believe in freedom, as I believe we all do but with in reason of .........Do no harm to others................we should be free to think and believe as we chose, I may not agree with my neighbour's or brothers belief's but as long as he/she doesn't do physical harm to another or their property (I would be inclined to place a definition on property, a billionaire's property or the queens property is obscene, a house a few ha of land is ample ..excessive greed is another story blaa blaaa blaa)

I own this name so no thank you kindly :P

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 1

http://andrewjakubowicz.com/publications/is-australia-an-racist-society-reflections-on-globalisation-multiculturalism-and-pauline-hanson/

is this trustworthy? is about 10 yrs old mind... but still a milestone to check by maybe?

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

http://andrewjakubowicz.com/publications/is-australia-an-racist-society-reflections-on-globalisation-multiculturalism-and-pauline-hanson/

is this trustworthy? is about 10 yrs old mind... but still a milestone to check by maybe?

I don't know............I can't read all that ...its a book!..........life's too short :)..someone else may....

the only problem with replying to your post, is it sends this thread to the front of the que ........its kinda had its time........

I'm not sure why others use "as you know" for me its pointing out something that probably is well known, common knowledge, but not wanting to be offensive by stating the obvious......certainly its not meant to be offensive, personally I try not to be offensive, in most siturations including my posts........there's no point...I come here to have a good time and a laugh, but it pisses me off when I see injustice and exploitation and unnecessary laws...yet more laws.... as I'm posting and in the interest of keeping on topic....that vid of the guy vacuming his lawn...quick translation...3 main players...lawn vacum guy...angry neighbours....and the 3rd and in this case the real player...calls himself the mediator.....he's the real pric in the vid...he's exploiting players 1 & 2 for $...ratings etc...he'd be a happy pric if player 2 attacked player 1 with a hammer...ratings $ would sore....& its really what this whole thread is about and the fascist law....people get played........politicians use & exploit this stuff...its gold to them............the trickster/magician, slight of hand, misdirection.....don't look at where the ringmaster points...consider "whom does it serve"

as for your name....I was just kidding ...still perplexed as to its meaning...its just not convenient to respond to...no biggy...

Gandhi is a hero of mine...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gandhi_%28film%29

Edited by Dreamwalker.
  • Like 1

I think that the reason why this video became a viral hit is because the racist woman did not only attack the Asian woman passenger but also the white guy whom she assumed was with her. In a way, her vile hate speech united many including white people against public transport racism.

• Like 2