The Corroboree
Dreamwalker.

Menstruation as fertilizer.

Came across this on a Spanish language garden forum.Translated.

"Menstruation as fertilizer.
First of all, greetings to all and say that although I still do not usually write posts.

A few days ago someone told me the benefits of women menstruation is a natural fertilizer, at first I was surprised and it almost did not believe it, but the person in question to make sure I had tried with spectacular results.

Anyone know anything about it?
"

Maybe I should have posted it under money saving ideas.

Edited by Dreamwalker
  • Like 1

The only thing female menstruation is fertilizing around here is my burning desire to go on a temporary holiday for the next week. Just jokin

• Like 7

Be about the same as animal blood I reckon....blood is good...

• Like 1

Yea it would probably do the trick

its getting the quantity...............I have a big garden

You could raid one of the tampon bins in the sheilas' shithouse :unsure:

• Like 1

Maybe I should have posted it under money saving ideas.

Lol

I've heard this myself. I know a lot of people take home their placentas after giving birth and plant a tree on top of it.

I'd say waterboy is spot on, blood is blood. Not a bad but gross idea.

I'm just not sure how I'd go about convincing my misses to squat over my cacti while she's acting like a crazy hormonal bitch. :lol:

• Like 3

My girlfriend has just started to go on the blob a couple of days ago so I could ask her to go out and squat in the garden when she changes her tampons. My weekend is fucked anyway so worth a try...

If I disappear from this forum after posting this thread. Then you,ll might as well assume that I've died a rather painful death... :blink:

• Like 2

What about semen?

• Like 1

I planted a bonsai on the nasty bit of umbilical cord that fell off my first-born once :)

it did VERY well for about a year till some psycho slew all the plants and fish because she couldnt get her own way :/

none of that shit now thankfully :) ...

i hear blood and shit makes 6oz buds in ninben :o

and an old show vegetable growers "secret" was to dig a hole, put a cow's stomach from the slaughter house in the hole, add a bit of soil , and then plant out! :blink:

• Like 1

My girlfriend has just started to go on the blob a couple of days ago so I could ask her to go out and squat in the garden when she changes her tampons. My weekend is fucked anyway so worth a try...

If I disappear from this forum after posting this thread. Then you,ll might as well assume that I've died a rather painful death... :blink:

I'd be putting that request in by phone, or out in the open where you can get away fast.

• Like 2

Entering this thread I expected to see EG report on attempts to use it for inducing flowering in cacti.

• Like 1

and an old show vegetable growers "secret" was to dig a hole, put a cow's stomach from the slaughter house in the hole, add a bit of soil , and then plant out! :blink:

:wink: ....my big pumpkin was over a collected roadkill mass grave

• Like 1

wouldn't it need to break down a bit first? i doubt fresh blood would do much but letting it break down into usable nutrients first would be better???

• Like 2

beats me , i would assume nature would kick in and break stuff down fast and give off all sorts of benefits like heat and beneficial bugs,

and also ...

I assume it would be only for growing outdoors-use right ? :lol:

mind you ... saying that I started adding blood and bone and fishmeal to my cactus potting mix a few months ago

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

:wink: ....my big pumpkin was over a collected roadkill mass grave

awesome! i cant wait to grow a whopper, its astonishing just how large they can get!

maybe the local butcher could help... erm for the intermediate periods of non the blob :innocent_n:

Any blood I collect from butchering animals always goes into the compost rather than directly to the garden. Direct blood applications are always by blood meal (dried stuff - like in blood and bone).

Its a by-product....lol....not ritual animal sacrifice...

I do place roadkill and fish frames etc directly into some planting holes, but I give it a bit of time to be broken down by soil flora/fauna......for the record.

• Like 1

Since it's already being neatly collected in a tampon, couldn't you just pop a bowl beside the loo and say "The dunny is being blocked by your sanitary items, pop em in here and I'll deal with them later, it's easier than unblocking the loo" - Then in the dead of night, whist the hormonal one is sleeping, you could soak them in water to extract your ferts.

Rather than be caught in the shed, around a soaking bowl of tampons with a crazy eyed experimentalists glare in your eyes, you could just poke a deep hole in the ground next to your plant and insert the tampon. They're biodegradable and might even add some worm food later on down the track.

Edit: Mooncup - goggle it :)www.mooncup.co.uk even has a usage video if that's your thing :P...

Edited by IndianDreaming
  • Like 4

Easier just to pee in your watering can before watering your outdoor plants.

Also those mooncups are also called diva cups. I know someone who had a vial of their girlfriends er... ya... which they wore around their neck.

Anyway why not just make "worm juice" fertilizer. What you do is get 2 containers one big to house worms and compostable things and one smaller one to collect water. What you do is cut holes in the big container for the worms and you put a metal mesh or screen over it so they worms can't escape. You feed them compostables and newspaper and then every once and a while you pour water of the container and collect the water. Then you need to dilute the water because apparently this is far too concentrated to use on plants. This is what a friend of mine found and uses.

Edited by doxneed2c-me

Yes I can see it now. A big factory in the future where period blood is extracted from female prisoners. A big vat of blood just waiting to be poured on the botanic gardens.

I'm pretty sure tampons are 10 bucks or so, so it's not exactly more sustainable than a purpose mixed bag of fertilizer for about 10 bucks. If I was to be totally honest and I was that hard up I couldn't afford to maintain my pretty garden when my wage was about a dollar a day, I would probably just walk the streets and collect road kill if I needed blood specifically. Mayby some dog poo, go to the dog poo bin at the park collect that. Mayby the local hairdressers I could sweep up all that organic floor hair goodness. Perhaps start regurgitating my food, save a few meals there.

If it gets to the point where you have to ask your mum or girlfriend, if you could borrow those red sticky things again, the lavenders looking droopy again it needs a boost, wow.

• Like 2

I'd consider processing (eg. composting, drying, etc.) the blood first, to reduce the risk of microbial contamination and blood-borne pathogens...especially if you're putting on your veggies. Hepatitis ain't cool.

Tampons can be composted, but make sure they are 100% cotton (preferably organic) as the synthetic ones will take a lot longer to break down, and probably won't be as good for your plants. Alternatively you can put them in a worm farm. If your GF is a gardener, it's likely that she won't be offended by the request. Tampons can also be used to make compost-tea (akin to peeing into your watering can), but composting them directly is a lot less icky. Any bodily-by-product is a treat for the garden really, its just our 'modern' way of thinking we consider it gross. It's how we used to propagate our favourite food plants, by using the garden/environment as a 'toilet'. A bit hard to do in a city, or even the burbs.

• Like 1

310.gif

To this thread :D

• Like 5

I'm pretty sure tampons are 10 bucks or so, so it's not exactly more sustainable than a purpose mixed bag of fertilizer for about 10 bucks.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't just be purchased for the purpose of collecting blood for the garden.