The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
magical9

Tricho Seedlings, Progress?

Do these seedlings look alright and growing at the right pace for about 6-8 weeks of age?

s9WfQw9.jpg

rnlW75l.jpg

EdczLbX.jpg

Yep you can start giving them a mild water soluble fertilizer now too. I do mine every other week with ferts.

excellent! ill start spritzing with seaweed fert then. what about airing them out? right now i keep them under a humidity dome and spray them 1 or 2 times a day once in the morning, once in the evening. I leave the top off for a few mins before i spray them.

Very nice! keep them moist for several more months (especially in this valley heat) and give lots of fresh air.

I agree - start using a dilute fertilizer solution just don't push them too hard to fast.

Looking good. Outdoor grown?

Here's mine at 8 weeks grown under T8 flouros.

post-12824-0-58393000-1402639871_thumb.j

post-12824-0-58393000-1402639871_thumb.jpg

post-12824-0-58393000-1402639871_thumb.jpg

I use 2 26watt 6500k cfl's per propagation box on a 16/8 photoperiod.

Hostilis what's your photoperiod run. Seems like we get about the same growth rates there. I'll try an get some pics of the young'ens later.

Looking good. Outdoor grown?

Here's mine at 8 weeks grown under T8 flouros.

attachicon.gifP6120249.JPG

JEEZ see im not getting this type of growth :( Maybe i need to move them into more light. Right now they are in shade under the patio. no direct sun.

If i were to make a grow cabinet indoors for seedlings, how much lighting is IDEAL? Ill spare no expense. What about a 4 bulb T5 setup? I have a metal office cabinet that is 2' depth x 3' wide and adjustable shelves so like.. 1.5' headspace.

Hostilis are you like super charging your seedlings to achieve such big growth? Or is it that you have more light?

If i were to sow seedlings outdoor in this AZ heat... could i get away with them being under a 50% shade cloth? higher? lower? I feel like im not getting the most out of my seedlings!

1:1:1:1

Perlite:Organic Cactus Compost:sand:decomposed granite.

Thanks, seedlings look great, gonna give that mix a try on my next batch.

I use HO T5 (not T8's) bulbs. I have 2 2' bulbs over two of those generic propagating boxes. I have the lights on a 16/8 cycle. I keep the temps around 25c daytime and 15-18c nights.

Here's a picture of my set up.

post-12824-0-53823500-1402681185_thumb.j

And magic, I think they just grow way faster under lights than under the sun at first.

post-12824-0-53823500-1402681185_thumb.jpg

post-12824-0-53823500-1402681185_thumb.jpg

Hmm could high temps stunt/slow growth for seedlings? its been around 110F lately but obviously not in the shade.

I am not really sure if it can stunt them. I imagine if it's way too hot then they will slow down a bit if they aren't getting enough water. I keep mine very wet and I actually started giving them very diluted 2-7-7 ferts lately. They're in a mixture of 1/1/1 Happy frog fox farm soil (with bark chunks taken out with 1/8th inch wire mesh filter)/pumice/washed sand. I get fast growth, but some of the downsides are algae growth. Which I actually recently found out I can completely stop by putting cinnamon in my mixture when I mix it up.

• Like 1