The Corroboree
wert

help me save my smelly boots before my partner culls them.

hi guys.

so ive got these cool boots! i love em. they fucking wreak!!!

what can i do to make em smell as good as they look???

my only suggestion so far from a freind was to have an exorcism performed on em

ide like to keep em intact and wearable....

what are your suggestions, remedies and recomendations????

cheers. wert & stinking boots.

That carpet deodoriser powder stuff works I've heard, as well bouquets of fragrant herbs for when ya get home. Maybe bicarbonate soda like it works in the smelly fridge? Or onions as it works in smelly old rooms?

Bicarb of soda (sprinkled in dry)....use overnight then discard and repeat ....fixed a few pairs of skanky workboots with it.

If you've had em wet at some stage it will take a fair bit of work, not everyone can save em with it though...its either the

shoe/boot design allows somewhere for the bacteria to hide or some folks foot microflora is more resistant.

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 1

Do you wear cheap socks? spending more and getting good wool socks can help with sweating and moisture.

• Like 3

buy some new boots u cheap ass

• Like 1

buy some new boots u cheap ass

lol. already bought new boots but i like my old ones. cant get em anymore! and they are just cool imo.

yeah these boots were worn and got wet! same thing happened to another pair of boots i diddnt mind throwing out.

dont have fungal feet or nails for the record. (sometimes i forget to cut my nails or just cant be f'd so feet may look rather tragic and neglected) rest assured i look after em otherwize.

all my other shoes have always been fine. just the two pairs i got wet went stale.

you can get like a shoe deodoriser at the chemist here, Would imagine it was same in aus :)

gumboots are the only boot u can get wet......

barefoot is the best boot...

sometimes ive managed to wander of the beaten track... for hours... finding murky puddles and scary tree stumps ect. your right bout gumboots but.

I use a tennis ball sized 'pillow' of Bicarbonate soda in a stocking. Leave it in for a week or so.

glen 20 and bi carb and give em some air :bootyshake:

Do you wear cheap socks? spending more and getting good wool socks can help with sweating and moisture.

Agree with above.

Also i would dry them out for a few days, assuming you wear them everyday.

Bi carb works and is the only thing that can. Shoe sprays and deoderants only mix with the filth and make worse. Unfortunately bacteria thrive in an acidic environment ie your stinky feet and the dark moist habitat of your feet and shoe plus the normal acidity make foot stink grow. Turn it into a base, ie bicarbonate and it doesn't. Problem solved. Forget stockings and gadgets, just simplify it. Pour in an amount that equals your liking and vacuum it out next morning.

• Like 1

just for the record. nope i dont wear them everyday. shit if i wore them outside trees would melt or spontaniously combust or somat. ive washed em 3 times in succession to no avail.

they are an ugg boot type shoe that i only wear when its propper cold.

ill be giving the bicarb a try i think and if that dont work i may send them to the youth in asia.

Threatening Asia with chemical warfare. Now that's funny maybe send them to nirth Korea.

• Like 1

Soak them in methanol or acetone if there is no plastic on there. Purely depends on the actual boots.
If they are gonna dissolve in either of them it wont work. But if it wont dissolve then it will definitely kill everything in the shoe and will evaporate away nicely.

If nothing else works try Ozium spray. I think you have to get it from overseas but should be able to find it on ebay easily. Otherwise try putting some activated carbon in them should be able to get that easily as they use it in aquariums. I don't know about shoes but these are effective means of controlling other strong odors.

ive washed em 3 times in succession to no avail.

moisture is a killer for boots. def need some bicarb in there and some damn good drying out