The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest reville

swap for lobelia tupa

Guest reville

well it seems that L inflata is a proihibited plant over here (funny how all the ones used in asthma are illegal - pointed out by a herbalist i know)

so... i really keen to grow an alternative species - lobelia tupa.

it is a permitted plant here in WA

so im keen to trade seedswith anyone who had bought it off torsten when he had it available and has succesfully produced seed

i have some good stipa robusta seed and a few other things.thanks

All lobelias have pretty much the same effect. The common ornamental L.cardinalis can be used int he same way.

Guest reville

thanks torsten.what happenned with the tupa's anyway? did you run out or was it a crop loss?its just that when i went to order they had no price listing.

I've never mananged to get the tupa bigger than 10cm. They either die of some rot or dryness or whatever. I've been trying for 5 years now. I even bought an adult plant and managed to kill that too. There's something with the climate here that causes problems.

I think I've run out of seed to sell but might send you some (remind me) as your climate would be perfect.

Guest ace datura

The SUSDP classes Lobelia (no mention of species) and lobeline as schedule 2 poisons, with the exception of material for smoking or burning - which are not scheduled. Hence if you were to purchase Lobelia or lobeline, the active alkaloid, for any therapeutic purpose besides smoking or burning then the only places that could sell it would be a pharmacy or other licenced outlet. So what happens if you are going to smoke it or burn it? - there seems to be no statement on this topic.

As the species of Lobelia is not stated then it wouldn't make much difference whether you were obtaining L. inflata, L.tupa or the common garden variety seen in hanging baskets. I have no idea how this statement from the SUSDP would impact on the cultivation of the plant which could well be covered by an obscure act or regulation hidden somewhere in the vaults and archives. If it were, hypothetically, illegal you would have to ask why - nicotine has a similar action and is readily obtainable.

Originally posted by ace datura:

...schedule 2 poisons, with the exception of material for smoking or burning - which are not scheduled. .....So what happens if you are going to smoke it or burn it? - there seems to be no statement on this topic.

You've already answered that one yourself. There is no scheduling on it if for smoking or buring.

I have no idea how this statement from the SUSDP would impact on the cultivation

It doesn't. It is only relevant to sales of the herb.