The Corroboree

so less than a minute of talking and you get booted.

come back and everyone's gone!

that is not a good setup....

The impermanence of what's written is intentional. Do you really want a chatroom where rules are a bit mroe relaxed yet anyone can go and check on your conversations long after you've left?

as for the kicking, this is not meant to be. It's set to 30 mins I think and when i originally tested it that's what it worked at. I am testing it now.

it's a public chat room, people shouldn't be writing things they don't want others to read

• Like 1

I tested this two days ina row and I always get kicked out of chat at 30 mins. not before. so it would seem the problem is at the user's end, not with the software.

. Do you really want a chatroom where rules are a bit mroe relaxed yet anyone can go and check on your conversations long after you've left?

What about if it only logged a certain amount like 30 submissions (chat sentences) or something. In the past if someone chatted about something they didn't want left for all to see, they would then talk shite until that text was off screen (most of chat is talking shite anyway, lol :wink: )

I did like the shout box. I found it amusing and i enjoyed being able to add something random and coming back later and seeing what sort of response I got. Some comments are not post worthy even in the random thread, but the shoutbox was up for anything,lol. So if chat logged a snippet of convo, then it could still work the same way. But majority rules and if most chat frequenters prefer the conversation not to be saved, then so be it :) . Just adding my 2 bobs worth. :)

I tested this two days ina row and I always get kicked out of chat at 30 mins. not before.

I didn't see your name in chat Torsten, i would have dropped in for a waffle.

I don't have any problem with chat either, i never get kicked so i agree getting kicked is a problem with the user. Would deleting cookies, clearing cache etc... fix this for them?

• Like 1

if possible, i suggest having the shout box as well as the more functional chat space. the shout box was good to share links etc without needing to start an entire thread, but the chat space is good, well, as a chat space...

• Like 4

the shoutbox is gone. It wasn't compatible anymore and looked ugly. I am not sure what the shoutbox had that this chatroom doesn't? you can certainly post links in it , so i don't understand your comment dionysus.

Nup chats shit now. Gota know what your getting yourself into. And lurkers are just cyber perverts. Flash ya goodies so they can get of. Hard life lurking.

Should be back on page 1.

Fighting fish are cool pets to own if your a hoarder.

Lets make chat ultra cia like so only vip's know wtf is going on in there.

T, that's cool if it isn't really possible, was just an idea. what i meant wasn't that you could do things that you are unable too in the new chat space (i am sorry for this, sometimes it is hard for me to articulate whats in my head) but who it would be seen by, sort of. if it were another members birthday, one could say 'happy birthday memberX' or if you read a news article that was only semi related to the forum you could share the link to it there, where it would then be seen by anyone who logged in for a day or 2 (while relevant) and then be bumped out by something else. this would save folk from starting an entire thread for arguably trivial topics. the shout box wasn't always used like this, but, it was a lot of the time. was sometimes fun to see a joke or a quote or a short monologue or something someone had written there, which is where the new space differs. it's only real function is as a chat space, which does have merit, just a different functionality.

as i said though, it isn't important; I'd be happy with a bare bones forum

• Like 2