The Corroboree
magical9

Zircon6 ( cactus_kate_trichocereus ) strikes again!

Good read.. that space simulator shit is gold!! And I can now go out and label all the green ones Cuzco!

(Sarcasm used....)

• Like 1

I wanna weigh in on Cactus Kate and Verne the man! 1st off there are tons of great large cacti for sale on ebay they just cost a lot of money and unless your willing to pay $200-$300 don't plant on getting a 3ft tip cut of SS02. That said you can buy large cuts for cheap. Many of the cacti dealers/sellers on their are pure hobbiest and will list named cv's for $30 + shipping buy it now and they sell in minutes many times. Go into the sold section and see some of whats been sold.

About Verne and CK I totally think he wants to be the walmart of trichs and will about do anything to be so. I have ordered from him and thought I got a spectacular deal I got 2x 3ft cuttings of CK strain or PC strain. This strain is awesome for the fact is roots in anything, throw it in a bucket of water and it will root. It grows crazy fast in almost all environments, its a great grafter, my primary use for its is to rapidly produce pach to graft onto. His other sales and strains seem 50/50. But then its your skill to see what he's selling. I've seen quite a few peruvians that were really nice he sold from seed but prices were crazy. My favorite listing of his last year were his(T. Scopulicola ???) They were really funny cause he was so far off on the ID. But buy anything on ebay with a grain of salt. So much fraud is going on in ebay right now from the fake Juuls, to the fake melted wax's that are just monstrosed stressed bridgesii. They will straighten up as soon as they are rooted. You can see many have beautiful stalks before they mutation. So you really gotta study, learn your stuff, and then make your best guestimation.

• Like 2

Nobody with any credibility or experience with these plants will have anything to do with the guy.

Hey speaking of Cactus Kate.....(not the plagiarized dead woman)

CACTUS KATE WINS INAUGURAL AIR NEW ZEALAND** BEST BLOG AWARDS

http://airnewzealandbestblogaward.blogspot.com/

http://www.nbr.co.nz/category/category/cactus-kate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathy_Odgers

Looks like 'ol Verne didnt do his homework.

Hey speaking of Cactus Kate.....(not the plagiarized dead woman)

http://airnewzealandbestblogaward.blogspot.com/

http://www.nbr.co.nz/category/category/cactus-kate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathy_Odgers

Looks like 'ol Verne didnt do his homework.

On the contrary, he's got web credit for the name cactus kate that has a huge dead following that no longer uses it. But as far as the SEO magical formula's goes having cactus kate name will help his SEO credit. Then he just has to flood cactus kate with trich info and lnks and he's #1 on google by that fact. He's just stealing name recognition from 2 people. Sad really.

I don't want to get into all of the things he is alleged to have said or done, but I will say that I have purchased from him several times and never had any real issues other than the one time he apparently forgot my order and after I reminded him he threw in an extra couple of cuttings. No one else on ebay sells full sized, fully rooted trichs for a reasonable price like he does, and I know that because I have about 10 "saved searches" on ebay that give me notifications on my smartphone everytime someone posts a cactus that matches the terms so I literally see probably 95% of the trichocereus that go up for sale on ebay in the US. Maybe he is an asshole through and through, I don't know but my personal experience has been pure business and no one else is offering up much in the way of real competition to him at the moment.

I know this doesn't apply to all of you in other countries though, I feel like it's harder to find reasonably priced trichs in the US than it is in Australia or Europe.

Guys I'm the one who advised BTK to join this board for cacti discussions but until now we've been discussing he's identity

I know for sure he's not that zircon6 guy.........but even if this zircon guy becomes a member here we should show him how "ignorant" he is, about Trichocereus, through discussions ........ personal attacks never made anyone reach anywhere

I realized in about 30 days the cactiphile people are a special kind of crazy. I've discussed it with many people but of all the groups and forums out there. Cacti people seem to have about 5 beers short of a 6 pack. So grow a thick skin!! :)

I don't want to get into all of the things he is alleged to have said or done, but I will say that I have purchased from him several times and never had any real issues other than the one time he apparently forgot my order and after I reminded him he threw in an extra couple of cuttings. No one else on ebay sells full sized, fully rooted trichs for a reasonable price like he does, and I know that because I have about 10 "saved searches" on ebay that give me notifications on my smartphone everytime someone posts a cactus that matches the terms so I literally see probably 95% of the trichocereus that go up for sale on ebay in the US. Maybe he is an asshole through and through, I don't know but my personal experience has been pure business and no one else is offering up much in the way of real competition to him at the moment.

I know this doesn't apply to all of you in other countries though, I feel like it's harder to find reasonably priced trichs in the US than it is in Australia or Europe.

I have nothing for or against him but his cacti are hardly deals at $100+ for a 2 footer. You can't rely on ebay searchs and notifications. I constantly get emails and notifications saying ending now, I click it and it ended 2 weeks ago. Also we have the problem of ebay just not picking up all the listings. Many times we have to hit the worldwide and refresh button a couple times and do seller item searches and you find all kinds of stuff that wasn't listed. Further more Zircon is selling basic PC pach, X amount of Peru's he cuts into hundreds of cuttings along with many other things. But his ID's don't seem to match. For instance he was selling some Scops last year that wern't even close to being scopes. And while he has lots of inventory and has those 2 foot rooted cuts for $100, he doesn';t have that much genetic variety which is what many of us are after. I like 2-3 foot cuts too but they cost a lot of money when coming from a reputable source and of a rare DNA.

I realized in about 30 days the cactiphile people are a special kind of crazy. I've discussed it with many people but of all the groups and forums out there. Cacti people seem to have about 5 beers short of a 6 pack. So grow a thick skin!! :)

I like my soft and delicate skin.....I wouldn't change for none.....not even you

But thanks for the tip tough guy