The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
sageawearness

my dream garden

Hello all

I am a green horn to this wonderful site after spending several hours of spare time reading through the forums I couldnt help but sign my life away and become a member.

the helpful feedback and friendly replys to matters people post is amazing.

So I wish to share my idea and thoughts on what I wish to change with my garden.this past week I have invested many hours turning over and transplanting my lily gardens to bring them back to a sense of order but as they only flower once a year my gardens now resemble scorched earth with wilting lilly stalks. I had tussocs in as space fillers but they seemed to me a depressing sight so I removed them and have a massive amount of space to play with

I recently had a great idea and wish to bring it to reality. I want to create a dreamy psychedelic garden for all to enjoy and admire in my area

I would like to plant in a mixture of coleus blumei around the circumfrance of the garden to provide the magical kaleidoscopic colorful view. in the center row of lillys I would like to have lionstale growing at even intervills between the stalks. And then a must have is some lovely sally d at strategic areas for personal (cough) reasons. the species of plant I have mentioned are rather hard for me to find in my part of the country so any help in acquiring them would be accepted with great gratitude and would be a basis for me to help others wishing to obtain and grow such plants in my area. of course this will be a work in progress taking a season or more of nurturing and growing of seeds/ clones etc but the end result will be well worth the wait and effort involved the end result come February 2015/2016 will be a colourfull trippy looking delight of 50cm to 5-6 foot tall paradise and what better way to marvel at such a view of work with enjoying in the delights of the psychotropic offerings these plants can give

Thank you.

post-14985-0-03560600-1400390978_thumb.j

post-14985-0-03560600-1400390978_thumb.jpg

post-14985-0-03560600-1400390978_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

G'day I'm also new around these parts although I've known about this place for some time. People are very helpful and it always amazes how much time some people have put in to researching or putting together tutorials and teks. There is such a wealth of information out there about these plants that if you dig deep enough you can find out almost anything. Here's to all the unsung forum champions haha :)

Your vision of your dream garden is pretty cool it sounds pretty awesome I love colourful plants and gardens that stand out. You should put some dragon fruit in there that's kinda psychedelic looking. You definitely have a lot to work with so I'm sure you will come up with something impressive.

As a start I have just aquired 200 odd seeds of coleus blumei so things have allready started.if anyone can think of a vine that would work well with this plan I would appreciate the feedback Im thinking about putting in a trellas style archway down the center

were u live?? i could help?? with some seeds/plants??

Dragon fruit is a rathr good looking plant and I happen to have acess to seeds the only con I can thunk of is that it doesnt like frost and my area of country freezes up proper in winter but then again nothing wrong with keeping tem in pot and moving them into shelter when required thanks for uur imput and will endevour to give growing em a go also I have managed to acquire a couple hundred coleus blumei seeds so ive got the wheels starting to roll cheers

were u live?? i could help?? with some seeds/plants??

Southland new zealand friend ;)

Maybe morning glory, rivea or woodrose for the vine? They're fast-growing and have great flowers, don't think they are very frost-tolerant though.

Those are great suggestions im favoring woodrose that wold make a grand compliment I shall investigate it further cheers

kiwiland is way too cold for woodrose.. i have a sum morningglory seeds if u want??? pm us

Don't want to be 'that guy' but I'm pretty sure that Argyreia, Rivea & Ipomea are illegal exports from Australia. So please do your homework before making this leap.

Don't want to be 'that guy' but I'm pretty sure that Argyreia, Rivea & Ipomea are illegal exports from Australia. So please do your homework before making this leap.

I thank you for your imput and advice however I dont think there is any worry about being the token pesimistic bloke as all advice and help is taken with apreciation. That is what this community is about you have given me thought to digest cheers

you need a good warm north facing room or lean too glass/polycarbonate house............to widen what you can grow in the cool Southland...winter is coming... :) .

nice to see another NZ member...welcome...

Edited by Dreamwalker

I would just like to say big thank you to all the people who have given me help and donated towards my project cheers!!!