The Corroboree

http://www.adambandt.com/budgetrallies

The budget is blatant attack on the environment, the poor, the elderly, the disabled, the sick, and the young from the priveliged, rich bastards in parliament. If you haven't been keeping up on this stuff, here's a quick summary:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-13/budget-winners-and-losers/5433178

Greens senator Di Natale has voiced the major concerns very well. See here:

Please attend a rally near you this weekend! Thousands of people have already said they will attend. This is a chance for our voices to be heard.

• Like 4

We've got one of these going down in Newcastle today. I really don't know how much difference it will make but someone has to speak out about these contemptuous bastards.

Kudos to anyone that attends, just try to keep it civilised.

I think a general protest misses the point somewhat and I believe the cause needs some grounding other than vehement opposition. Someone needs to start a movement to hold the abbott governement to their promises. After all we did see a signed statement (signed by tony abbott) in several newspapers promising no cuts in health or education etc before the election.

To my mind his government has gained office by deception (all on the public record). Start a class action for breach of contract ie the verbal and written contract we witnessed before the election that has now been proven to be fraudulent.

If ever there was time for a governor general to sack a government it is now.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 3

Yeah, I agree that something more targeted needs to be done. Rallies are great to demonstrate public outcry, and perhaps spread the word, but that's basically all they do.

We really need to start hunting for ways to kick out the libs entirely. The 'double dissolution' thing sounded promising until it became clear that holding a new vote would be entirely up to the PM.

Petitioning the governer general maybe? I suppose it could work if it's got enough support, but still seems unlikely.

Anybody else got any ideas?

Petitioning the governer general maybe? I suppose it could work if it's got enough support, but still seems unlikely.

I wouldn't hold your breath, cosgrove is known to have been a guest speaker for the Chartwell society.

From what I can make out the Chartwell society is like the aussie version of the Bilderberg society, they meet in secret and won't disclose anything they discuss there in public.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/james-packer-john-howard-and-cardinal-george-pell-part-of-secret-chartwell-society/story-e6frg6n6-1226655030082

• Like 1

I totally agree eth...they've all got it; when are we gunna play it again?

...straya! :wink:

Edited by Franke von Danke

the Chartwell society... meet in secret and won't disclose anything they discuss there in public.

haha yet they espouse

open debate between MPs and religious leaders, opinion makers and other senior community leaders

Still, i'm not going to say all secret societies are evil (coming from a long line of Freemasons :wink:), however yes it does seem pretty fishy. Like the Republican meeting on the simpsons...

secret-meeting-d1397_sml.jpg

Freemasons have undeniably played a part in Australian politics over the years, the liberal party was inaugurated in a Masonic lodge and many Australian prime ministers and other politicians have been high ranking members. In many ways it's balanced out by the rank and file members from ordinary walks of life that have never had any political motivation or aspirations. For most of them it's a social club that facilitates business contacts and comradery that would be otherwise non existent. In the old days of restricted alcohol trading hours it was an avenue to drink when the pubs were all closed, so it was a good opportunity to network and get pissed at the same time.

There's been several notable occasions where the overlords of the masonic movement have openly declared a desire for a one world government and similar other objectives, but from my observations the average rank and file members are not privy to those philosophies at meetings and they don't really play a part in any instigation of such acts. That being said all foreign intelligence agencies globally have recognised freemasonry as a type of Achilles heel that is begging to be to be exploited and have done so. ie many freemasons will willingly disclose sensitive information to other "brothers" without question simply because they are bound by a brotherhood that to them is more important than national sovereignty. Many volumes of literature have surfaced over the last 2 hundred years where Freemasonry was the vehicle for targeted subversion of national interests.

Chartwell and other similar entities have more selfish motivations. Chartwell is an organisation not open the general public that actively tries to influence policy of governments. After abbott's recent budget any intelligent person has to wonder how much influence they really have on government policy. They are active on all levels of government and even have influence in the breeding grounds of political recruits - universities.

Getting back to the protests

Did anyone notice the police officers and plain clothed "old cunts" with cameras recording the events that unfolded at todays' protests ?

I saw them at every protest that was broad-casted on the news tonight.

Mindless paranoia ? check out SBS's persons of interest series of documentaries, to see just how easy it is to become a person of interest in Oz. It's easier to become a person interest here than it is in almost any other country. - that was motivation for my rants in the chatbox last weekend, that and my infuriation over the last liberal budget.

I'm not implying that abbott is a Freemason, we won't know for sure (the profane) until the Bodleain Library in Oxford opens its records in 2057. This was the cover from a Freemason magazine (United Grand Lodge of NSW & ACT) from October 2006

Edited by Sally
  • Like 2

Sally any more rallies in new astle coming up?

I have no idea mate, I don't get involved with any protest rallies or organisations. Like I said before I don't think protesting will achieve anything other than draw attention to yourself. The normal channels of political protest could have a better outcome - petitioning MP's etc. it requires a groundswell of support to get noticed though, collectively people couldn't be bothered to barrage their local MP's with enough correspondence to make a difference.

The only way to effect real change is from within the political system, but once you jump on that band wagon you become another cog in the workings of a corrupt system. Many young and often naive people with the best of intentions have been drawn into politics and turned out just as corrupt and greedy as the rest of the bastards.

• Like 1