The Corroboree
toby1985

AYAHUASCA

So its fine for contributing members to post pics of cubes in a basket (that didnt get there by themselves), talk about how much fun everybody had camping and ingesting subs at a so called sub camp , but not ok to want to contact members bout aya? Cool got that , toby theres been a few members who aint contributed much here over the years, but they have dribbled this familiar spiel about how their lifes in tatters, ftw and everybody in it, or the old " i dont feel alive"ect, or to the effect of and have had ethnos thrown at them from every direction. Why give him a pseudo intelectual lashing. Aya/ dmt heads talk about ego loss alot, im yet to see the corelation. I reckon it makes you angry.

Did somebody say cubes? :shroomer::)

Uh, um, never mind, wrong thread :P:wink:

I've got to say though that I don't give a second thought talking about this kind of stuff, and I've been pulled up on a few posts I've made re. self-incrimination.

As people have said above I similarly don't give a fuck about bullshit laws around these types of substances and what I can and cannot do with them according to corrupt and unjust laws..

However I do appreciate that this forum isn't the Shroomery, and there is a certain amount of hesitancy around the posting of such content. I value this forum so I ride along making minimal waves, but PMs are just that. No-one here has asked people to flat-out post times, dates and destinations, just put it out there for a bit of chatty-chatty. Nothing wrong with that in my book, and obviously not an issue as far as SAB mods are concerned.

Ask on fellows I say, because as the saying goes, there are no stupid questions, as long as they are asked respectfully and appropriately. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Ask on fellows I say, because as the saying goes, there are no stupid questions, as long as they are asked respectfully and appropriately. :rolleyes:

ok???

Edited by bullit
  • Like 2

Trust bullit to prove that there are stupid questions :P

• Like 3

There's no such thing as a stupid question!

Edit; whoops on the repeat of expressions lol

Great minds and all that... :wink:

Folias mate I agree with you on many points. Aya like many things in life has a level of risk involved, the government doesn't ban driving cause some kid kills himself and his three mates. I also agree that the illegalisation of any plants, animals or drugs for that matter is preposterous. But that does not change the fact that they are illegal and there can be serious repercussions for an individual who is caught in possession of said substance. But as far as the deaths are concerned I don't think its a mystery at all as I'm sure that someone who is clearly very passionate about Aya as yourself doesn't need a lecture on MAOI and their possible interactions. I'm not saying I personally I think this is grounds for it's current legal status, I just know with the current state of politics and the attitude towards non pharmaceutical drugs in the general population the powers that be would inform the police to target it "for the sake of the children" once a death does occur. And yes banning native Acacias is the height of this ridiculousness!

I don't feel though that ""hooking strangers up with illegal substances" is selfish.

I myself am new to this forum and I have tried to help anyone who asks a question that with my limited understanding of plants etc may benefit. I have asked very little questions and when I have I have made sure that I have researched to the best of my ability before asking for knowledge from those who know a lot more than I do. I don't expect people to do my research for me. I have not participated in the free giveaways in the trade section as yet despite really wanting some of those chilli seeds of bullits because I don't feel I have of yet contributed enough in the way of conversation, trades, etc. I would like for the community to get to know me, make some more posts, maybe giveaway some seeds myself when I have them before I start sticking my hand out.

If toby had had contributed to some threads, had a hundred or two posts, maybe sent out some free seed, went to a meet i'm sure the community would of responded very differently to his request.

• Like 1

>But as far as the deaths are concerned I don't think its a mystery at all as I'm sure that someone who is clearly very passionate about Aya as yourself doesn't need a lecture on MAOI and their possible interactions.

I think that is all largely hyperbole based upon MAOI interactions that some very rare people will have from synthetic MAOI's.

I have only ever heard of two people who have problems with combining red wine with Syriun Rue, but that is it!

>I just know with the current state of politics and the attitude towards non pharmaceutical drugs in the general population the powers that be would inform the police to target it "for the sake of the children" once a death does occur.

And I'm saying, this is BS and would should not tolerate such attitudes. Point is, no children have died and that plants like Ayahuasca are largely safe when compared to pharmaceutical "medicines". Stats are hard to come by for Australia, but did you know 100,000 people die in the U.S. from synthetic compounds?

http://www.alternet.org/story/147318/100,000_americans_die_each_year_from_prescription_drugs,_while_pharma_companies_get_rich

For a random to die every blue moon unexplainably, there are many thousands more who have their cancer cured or lives turned completely turned around.

People die rock climbing, at least 25 a year in America alone. And yet, rock climbing is not banned! You can't ban rock climbing.

Ayahuasca cannot be banned, as it is a medicine that changes people lives. It is like banning music or dancing. That is just dumb and people are not going to obey that. Imagine all these people being dragged to court for possesion of ayahuasca and going to jail for it! That's just not kosher and would not fly in this society, especially when so many people have been positively touched by this plant.

That just doesn't make any sense and so we shouldn't buy into these laws whatsover, which are not even clear regarding Ayahuasca anyway.

• Like 2

Sigh....Ok Folias, i'm gonna make this my last post in this thread because it has descended into nothing more than an argument between you and myself which I can see no end to until one of us pulls up. You clearly have no understanding of pharmacology to make an ignorant, even dangerous statement saying that maoi interactions are largely hyperbole. The Peruvian shamans clearly don't think so, why else would they demand such a strict diet leading up to a session. Or why would they screen for other pharmaceutical/drug use prior handing out cups of Aya? Nor do you have any understanding of chemistry, a molecule's a molecule regardless of whether it's synthesised by man or plant. And just because you only know of two people who have had adverse reactions combining P.harmala with red wine doesn't make it safe. I'll tell you what, go eat a kilo of blue cheese, a couple of sticks of salami, some pickles washed down with a cup of Aya and prove me wrong. Fricken Darwin awards for you mate. As for the rest your just repeating the same mantra which I answered in my last post. Peace out brother!

Edited by katu

Actually katu, he's largely right about the MAOI thing. Torsten explains how here:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36065&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

And here:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26835&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Not to say that there aren't any risks, but the warnings are often exaggerated and confused because they fail to recognise the different types of inhibition.

Edited by Anodyne
  • Like 1

>Nor do you have any understanding of chemistry, a molecule's a molecule regardless of whether it's synthesised by man or plant.

I've been on about that for a long time and I disagree!

Torsten is right about the MAOI thing and so is Dennis McKenna who talked about this at Entheongaia in late 2012.

'll tell you what, go eat a kilo of blue cheese, a couple of sticks of salami, some pickles washed down with a cup of Aya and prove me wrong.

Is this the all time most unlikely combo, or just me? Edited by doublebenno
  • Like 5

Replace , salami,cheese,pickles and wine with dxm, I dont think dxm's a good admixture to anything containing maoi's but im sure someones done it

Edit - and lived to tell the story

Edit - "robohuasca"

Edited by ~shameless~

Great username:)

Near Sydney, happy to talk about this subject.

• Like 2