The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Nailthesnail

Identification help pleaase

Question

Hey guys, So I have been meaning to get round to bills and shit, but in the spare of the moment last minute I decided I would spend the last of my kash on these beautys. I got a bridgesii cutting aswell. But I can identify that I tink.
Im sorry if the photos arent very good quality.
Was sold to me as Trichocereus Pachanoi/hybrid and I would not have a clue sort of looks like super pedro to me.

Tip pic

Ribs

Spike

2 new fools

Trichocereus

Spikes

Was sold to me as Trichocereus Cuscoensis but I get conflict with google.

Spikes

8 star

log rib and spikes

Log shot

Now I know this is ridiculous and you guys probably know exacty what they are but I want to have the right label on these cacti.

Thanks for your time

6 answers to this question

Top one: Standard pachanoi, possibly the clone a dude on trademe called 'warmapplepie' sells from time to time.

Second one: Looks ( could be wrong! ) like the cuzco/peru clone known as 'wunderpuss' which is well known by the dunedin crew.

Thats only my opinion though! dont take it as fact :)

• Like 1

Sweet as! Nemisty I havent forgot I just don't go on the internet bankings much. But you have my word it will get paid soon and thank you so much for the amazing plants.

Should I root these now in bone dry soil or wait unti; winter is over?

On a side note I have almost 3 month old cacti seedlings when should I start ferting them?

Allgood. Yeah put them in some dry soil now and forget about them for a couple of months then check them periodically. The cold temperatures makes them super slow to put out roots.

I'd wait till the seedlings are closer to the 1 year old mark before fertilising IMO. I dont think they'd be able to utilise much of the ferts at that size/age and it could encourage other stuff like moss or fungi to overgrow or even kill your babies.

• Like 1

sweet as, yea it a super pedro cross and another one and I would be more then happy to share with you when they get to a nice moving size.

Thanks for help with id guys :)

the first one might a peruvianus, cause I dont accept they are the same species with pachanois yet