The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ziebonka

Numb

Guest ziebonka

Hi,

I wanna grow a smokable narcotic, but not opium poppies.

Any suggestions?

Any info?

Any sources?

Guest Ramon

Doesn't really completely fit the bill as not smoked but Kratom sounds like a good candidate. ( I have no experience with this plant but sounds narcotic )

Narcotic has such a wide spread of meanings that it would be useful if you defined it a little.

If you wanted a cure for insomnia it would be a different answer to your desire for a numbing painkiller, an opioid euphoric or a "(drug, e.g. stimulant or hallucinogen) affecting the mind" as my dictionary has it.

So we need more information to help you.

have a go at great mullein (the fluffy one), do it in a waterpipe because the hairs are supposed to have an irritant quality to them. i tried three cones and the effect was very sedating but didn't have any sort of euphoria involved.

Guest ziebonka

The Oxford Shorter English Dictionary defines narcotic as: A substance which when swallowed, inhaled or injected into the system induces drowsiness, sleep, stupefaction, or insensebility, according to it's strength and the amount taken.

I was just looking for something that can make me numb & relaxed. Is Ashvaganda good?

I have never tried smoking it but a fruit juice milkshake (in my case without milk, cashew or almond being a good milkshake base for vegans) soaked in the liquidiser with a few grammes of the root powder is definitely very relaxing, numbing and can be quite aphrodisiac. Try a hot bath with a little of the milkshake in it. A small number of people do seem to get a paradoxical anxiety with Ashwagandha.

When someone says numb to me I think Kava. Get the extract and make it into a milkshake. Don't drive or operate heavy machinery as this product may make you completely oblivious.

Haven't the OSED heard of opium suppositories?

The United Nations definition of narcotic must also include cocaine and DMT.

Guest ziebonka

What's OSED?

What is the dosage for Kava?, I have some here.

Guest si

two healthy tablespoons should do the trick...my kava milkshake consists of one banana, a pint of milk, some chocolate syrup and two tablespoons of kava extract.mixed in a blender then left in the fridge for half an hour to set...

like theo said, don't drive or operate machinery.

enjoy !

Have you tried Lactuca Virosa?

peace

camel

Guest reville

Withania somnifera makes a nice smoke

pleasant like tobacco but smoother in effect

ie calming not agitating

Si, do you mean two tablespoons of kava or kava extract (as in alcohol extract)?

Originally posted by ziebonka:

Hi,

I wanna grow a smokable narcotic, but not opium poppies.

Any suggestions?

Any info?

Any sources?

salvia divinorum.

may be able to get seeds. reply to [email protected].

salvia a narcotic?

i think not ...

marko, if you are running a business you might want to get in touch with the site owner [email protected] ... he may be happy for you to advertise on the site ... or he might not smile.gif

I was just thinking the same thing.

I don't mind other businesses advertising their wares (as replies to requests !!!) as long as they don't overdo it and as long as they make it clear that they are a business.

Marko, if you run a business, please tell us and please link a URL to your site if you have one so we can all have a look. You will find that most people don't like sending money to anonymous fly-by-night ethnobot businesses and building your credibility can start here. An introduction would be nice.

Guest ziebonka

Salvia is crap unless you have extract and you get about one cone from 20 grams!!!!

Salvia is crap unless you have extract and you get about one cone from 20 grams!!!!

This is hilarious. I was giving people at the conference small cones of 10x and ALL of them hit level 5 or 6, ie where they pass out and have no recollection. Not a desirable state, but nonetheless a good indication that the stuff works. So I presume their dose would have been 3-5g of plain leaf.

I don't know where you get your extract from, but a cone of our 5x should get you to about level 3 or 4 if you smoke it properly. Most people who complain about salvias inactivity don't smoke it right and their problems are easily fixed with some simple instructions.

However if you're getting your salvia from any other source you may be getting old leaf, australian or european product, or extracts that have not been made properly.

Please do not perpetuate such nonsense about salvia inactivity as it makes others complacent about this very powerful, unpredictable and sometimes dangerous herb. This can easily cause someone who takes your advice seriously some serious physical or mental harm.

It can't be stated often enough, but most people who do not get the expected strength of effects from their salvia are not smoking it right !!! (provided they have good leaf or extract in the first place)

Last time I smoked salvia 5x (the one from s. australis), i smoked a joint of a traditional kinnick kinnick blend beforehand, which seemed to approximately double the potency of the salvia. The effects weren't exactly pleasent but that might have just been due to the comaratively high dose of salvia i had.

Guest jessie

okay mr xlurpsch

im going to have to put my feelings of inadequacy aside and ask you

what is

"a traditional kinnick kinnick blend"

???

Guest ziebonka

I f-ing did'nt say that extract is crap f-ing!

I don't want to bother smoking 15 cones of leaf, just saying that extract is better.

i forget the address but

Basement Shaman sell and

have info on a traditional

kinnick kinnick blend and

other smoking mixes smile.gif

psycho0

Jessie,

kinnickinnick/bearberry = Uva Ursi

"Kinnikinnik is an Native American word for smoking mixture. It is true they smoked Kinnikinnik (the plant), but usually the "Kinnikinnik" they smoked also contained willow bark and other ingredients. Sometimes it did not even contain Bearberry. This confused some of the ethnobotanists cataloging their herb usage, so be aware of this when reading "Indian Uses for Herbs" type books." - from 'Herbal Smoking Mixtures'

by Howie Brounstein

Among the other herbs used were mullein, white willow and dogwood. I used the kinnickinnick from Basement Shaman.