What would you call these?

Question

What would you call these?

post-19-0-43966800-1398555941_thumb.jpg

~Michael~

Edited by M S Smith

Thanks for clearing that up, must have read it before it had gotten fixed :)

I thought they were PC as well , bahh bahhhhh

<so confused as to the level of asswholery and assumptions that are made about fellow members regarding a HOBBY!>

but anyways... bah bahhhh

a hobby? I thought you were starting a business?

and in regards with my level, you can ask your mother about it ;)

a hobby? I thought you were starting a business?

and in regards with my level, you can ask your mother about it ;)

heh. Well its a hobby for most people. :) its a business/obsession/hobby for me.

well hobbies are for stupid americans

so they were right those friends of mine that told me the word "hobby" is somewhat wrong...

verbal arrogance without some redeeming factor ought to be target of guys like me and it is...

other than that I hope you all the best in your growing projects first and good luck with the business project ! :)

• Like 1

For me growing cacti is a way of life. It prettymuch encompasses my entire life so I can't really call it a hobby lol. But I am just a stupid american, so...... (fuck nationalism)

• Like 1

well hobbies are for stupid americans

Growing cacti is my hobby, and I'm not a stupid American ;)

But I could be a stupid African ...... who knows

"A hobby is a regular activity that is done for pleasure, typically during one's leisure time.By continually participating in a particular hobby, one can acquire substantial skill and knowledge in that area."

Guilty as charged and I am American. Though stupid is debatable

I am pretty stupid, but I don't consider myself american. I am located in America though. Lol.

• Like 1

To me stupid is not a bad thing, I use it all the time. I call other people stupid, my culture is stupid and I even think humanity is stupid.

Stupid in most contexts mean that whoever said is trying to feel superior by making others seem "less", however that doesn't mean the whoever was called stupid isn't stupid either :P

• Like 1

To me growing hobbies is a way of cactus. I dont live in stupid, but I consider my self an american hybrid, unfortunately...

PS1>>

this american or otherwise national shit works every time! wow

PS2>>

the definition of hobby you're giving ethnoguy85 is implying we are giving special names to the stuff we are doing in our spare time.. It implies that our spare time is our time to live (the working time) , and calling life a hobby sounds wrong. So in a way, the context of a hobbie is a pro-capitalism context.

or maybe its just middle class shit...

actually I have no problem with hobbies, as long as you're not doing it in yr spare time...

PS3: stupid african doesn't sound nearly as good as stupid american

Edited by mutant
  • Like 2

Spare time is time when there is not something more important to do...

For eg a man may have children, it would be considered by most (capitalist or not) more important to take care of this childs needs rather than smoke pot, pick mushrooms, make blue wine, smoke pot, drink wine, drink beer, grow and graft cactus, watch horror movies, make hip hop, smoke pot, whine on a forum and so on..

One may consider spare time as time that is not required to spend ensuring livelihood or survival for his or herself and those that person is directly responsible for, spare time...

Is that too middle class??

Edited by doublebenno
  • Like 3

Hobby.... american... cactus... stupid....... hobby.... life...

Cactus.

• Like 1

smoke pot, pick mushrooms, make blue wine, smoke pot, drink wine, drink beer, grow and graft cactus, watch horror movies, make hip hop, smoke pot, whine on a forum

sounds like a life of hobbies !

come on I am half joking here, I said 'hobby is middle class', and this is not even my own opinion, I was just thinking aloud here about the capitalist/middle class thing, where one considers the spare time a luxury ...

seen in the context of a parent, as I am seeing from sister and friends, its another thing, spare / free time indeed becomes rare and thus a luxury, not unlike the the spare time or the holidays time for a hard working man.

Its much more political than anything.

Also I get the impression that a hobby is always something harmless, small, not able to move things around. Could research of enthogens be considered a hobby?

in any case, the word interest, describes better I thing the meaning.

and if you're a cactus fanatic, you can take your hobby to the office, f.e. I used to take my cacti that were going to flower at work so I could see the flowers...

Peace

SNIP

Since this is about hybrids of PC i'd like to ask a question for those who have grown a bunch of hybrids made with the PC cultivar.

How is the phenotype distibution in the seedlings? How many offsprings show a dominant trait that is clearly PC. The answer might settle the question if PC itself is a hybrid or a pure breed plant that might represent something wild and deserve a subsp. status.

Echinopsis cuzcoensis subsp. kamasutrii

Here's a lost label plant. I can't recall if I grew it from seed or someone sent it to me. Oh well, it's a beauty and I can't wait to see it once it's a bit more mature.

post-19-0-92014600-1402750744_thumb.jpg

~Michael~

• Like 2