Edible/gourmet mushroom cultures for sale

Gday - I have the following cultures for sale:

Lepista nuda (slow but frequent pinning strain) - $10

New Coprinus comatus strain with rhizos - $20

Two different commercial king oyster strains - $15

The 'dont feed after midnight' albino tree oyster super-aggressive strain - $15

Marasmius oreades (the fairy ring mushroom) - $20

• Like 2

Out of interest Zen - where has that shaggy originated from if you know?

• Like 1

Happy with my previous order. King oysters are going well!

• Like 1

give me a couple of months once my life actually settles down and stops being so freking crazy, and i'll definitely be keen.

• Like 1

Are the albinos the rare/endangered strain?

• Like 1

The albino was a commercial strain i got off a mate. Its a killer - busts open petri dishes, cracked them, and containers if its not fed new material!

Thanks folks!

And Foo - yeah those kingies are awesome strains. They fruit readily off grain

• Like 1

I just did a intro myco course and I am heaps interested in getting some more cultures.. Are you in Aus?

• Like 1

i have purchased some of the strains, i haven't fruited them yet but the monster oyster is ripping through my grain so fast.

i am way impressed!

• Like 1

Do you ever have shitake's, I've tried them before but with no luck. Might try them again.

Nah mate I havent gone in the shiitake direction as the one time I spent an arvo putting dowel in logs it was a royal pain in the arse LOL.

I wasnt planning on going in the tree oyster direction either until I found this strain - its aggressiveness is a little weird.

Hopefully in the near future Ill have the almond agaricus (Agaricus "Marzipan" potentially) as the clones are taking, a field agaricus im cleaning up and isolating and some kickarse King Stropharia strains as ive got a few prints on the way that Ill streak the shit out of and see what works.

For some reason the strains I have seem to deteriorate pretty quickly, fail to fruit and all my patches got out competed by blood Gymnopilus and other competitors. back to the drawing board.

I'd be keen to try the Stropharia strains when they're ready. Also might have a go with the don't feed after midnight' albino tree oyster super-aggressive strain. How would It arrive and could I just put it out with some saw dust and bark chips? The wood chips have everything from eucalyptus to acacia and olive. Would they all be alright? Do you have some ready to go now? I could get some in about a week.

I'd be keen to try the Stropharia strains when they're ready. Also might have a go with the don't feed after midnight' albino tree oyster super-aggressive strain. How would It arrive and could I just put it out with some saw dust and bark chips? The wood chips have everything from eucalyptus to acacia and olive. Would they all be alright? Do you have some ready to go now? I could get some in about a week.

It's fairly standard for cultures to be sent on a plate (petri dish) or a slant (test tube). Normally after you receive the plate you'd expand that onto a suitable medium in sterile conditions such as grain or woodchips in jars. When the jars are colonised you break up the mycelium and grow it out onto your chosen substrate.

The initial grain/woodchip culture should ideally be done in aseptic conditions, most growers prepare the grain or woodchips in a pressure cooker, and the next step (into a fruiting bag etc) is normally done with a pasteurised substrate also under aseptic conditions.

It's not rocket surgery by any means, but you really need to have some knowledge of aseptic culture to guarantee success.

I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have a glove box or a similar still air environment.

That being said a well practiced quick transfer technique in an open air (outside on calm day) or a very clean house can sometimes be successful, especially with an aggressive culture such as Pleorotus (oysters)

Edited by Sally

I have only recently bought the stamets books so haven't even had a chance to read them, let alone put anything into practice.

I'll look up aseptic but it sounds like I should get some spawn.

Yes thanks sally. As discussed I'll knock up some sterile spawn of my oyster and we'll go from there thanks.

If anyone is after some dried wild picked mushrooms like Tricholoma terreum give us a hoy.