The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Peddler

Have you ever met a psychopath (corporate or otherwise)

A few notable ones...

and as a pup I knocked around with a bloke that would just snap (true pyscho)....one example was with said pyscho driving along and all of a sudden reaching over into the back seat and brought forth a loaded crossbow and pointed it at me....while still driving..lol

yeah pretty fckn serious....I am all munted and like "...well just fckn kill me cnt..." and he snapped out of it.

There was a few other "incidents".... I intervened in a few situations where civilians were going to get hurt by him pretty badly.

that said he ended himself a few years later on an insane amount of go hard gear....the worlds a safer place no doubt.

I also have another that is a funny story within a previous workplace of a real sly one :wink:

I did fix his little red wagon though the bastard...lol

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 3

anything in such behaviors of particular interest Zen?

I've crossed full blown violent to passive aggressive....

I recall reading somewhere that around 1-2% of the population could be classified as psychopaths - that is, they lack the mental capacity for empathy and remorse or something along those lines. They're not all violent serial killers the way most people think of them...but in my experience they're almost always complete c*nts - completely self-serving with no regard for others unless it helps them get something they want.

• Like 3

Depends on what would be considered a true psychopath.

I've met violent lunatics that would smash a bottle on your skull for saying a random word they dislike, and I've met manipulative, self serving bitches. Those people do fulfill some of the requirements for a psychopath, but are they really? Even experts disagree, some would classify any 'deviant' behavior as psychopathy, others say there are no such things as psychopath.

I've only had one friend that I would consider a psychopath to a degree, he could be very dangerous and unpredictable, manipulative, but still wasn't really bad. Extremely intelligent, but he used it only to try to manipulate and deceive others, tough sometimes it was to guide them in the direction that was right for them. And he exhibited little to no remorse for his action. Overall a great person for a wild and unpredictable night out, but definitely not someone you would want in your life for a prolonged period of time.

• Like 2

Yes I have met true psychopaths in my life, they tend to fall into one or two types, the violent unpredictable b*&%$@#d or the the corporate sly conniving little c#nt, the latter being by far the worst type and greatly deserving of a good kicking.

The guy who discovered how to identify them with some kind of brain activity scan turned out to be one himself. It was more of a surprise to him than anyone who knew him well.

ive known one, and ive been called one (uniformly by folk who dont necessarily know what theyre talking about). Be careful not to conflate this trait with things that merely seem similar, and remember that a psychopath isnt automatically worse than a violent or manipulative jerk! If a psychopath isnt too skilled in self-delusion then concern for their own image should keep them in line, moreso than other varieties of loose folk

I dont know if it counts but when I was 13 I stopped in mcdonalds so my friend could use the shitter and right away this filthy homeless guy with wild hair and wilder eyes sat down in front of me and proceeded to give me a detailed discourse on how to gouge the eyes out of a grizzly bear with a pocket knife.

Guy was chowing down on sugar cube acid the whole time, and my bastard friend was constipated or something so it was quite a while.

Didnt stop me from trying acid a few months later tho.

In fact it might have been subconcious encouragement :P

• Like 4

^ http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/04/140425104714.htm (in a Toronto study almost half of homeless men were found to have suffered traumatic brain injury, most before experiencing homelessness)

I don't know what exactly counts as a psychopath, but if it is as simple as a lack of empathy and remorse together with manipulative behaviour, then in my experience it is pretty common. Not only in the sense of the 'violent psycho', but more generally in people who would be considered by most to be functional, if not quite successful, members of society. Sure there are the ones who blue every weekend or so for no good reason, but the ones that worry me are those who engineer themselves into a place of power and profit and subsequently take joy in treading on those below them. I tend to suspect that anyone in a position of significant privilege who works to increase their own privilege by exploiting rather than helping their community has some kind of psychopathic tendency.

• Like 6

I tend to suspect that anyone in a position of significant privilege who works to increase their own privilege by exploiting rather than helping their community has some kind of psychopathic tendency

Or a high social dominance orientation. I have one at work. Have to step on the fucker every now and again to shatter his illusions of social dominance. Fuck middle/micro managers suck balls....... if it wasn't too much of their own effort.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_dominance_orientation

• Like 5

too many. the world is full of them.

I once worked with a woman who I considered to be a psychopath and she was a kindergarten teacher of all things. It didn't seem to pass over to the kids, but the parents either intensely disliked or loved her. I tend to believe the ones that didn't like her were the ones that either bucked at her attempts to dominate and dictate to them.

She had to have professional mediation with anyone who worked with her and disagreed with what she thought as per workplace bullying. Real bitch, who could pour on the tears one minute, and then turn around and vindictively call you a dickhead and start to push as many buttons as she could in the next.

I tend to find that type (domineering, manipulative, power-hungry, self-absorbed and belligerent) much scarier than the unpredictably violent type, as anyone is unpredictably violent given the right situation and the right amount of alcohol, but not everyone is conniving, divisive and attempting to undermine everyone else's well-being with no sense of empathy whatsoever.

Edited by Responsible Choice
  • Like 3

Western 'Civilization' is psychopathic!

If you look at the definitions you see words like "lacks empathy" "self-serving" "prone to violence" - but wouldn't it be that anyone who for whatever reason did not subscribe to the dominant social order be so considered? Who is most likely to not accept the bizarre manners and mores of an insane society? The primary tenets - however individuals identify themselves within - of Western 'Civilization,' among others, are completely lacking empathy for any system that it cannot somehow reconcile to its own agenda, it is self-serving in that it excludes Others and Other Ways of Knowing that it cannot understand, and it is extremely violent - what it sometimes calls Peace - when people do not conform to its basic presumptions of what community and society and humanity is supposed to be! ...and we are to be grateful that it includes everybody in its program...

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Krishnamurti
  • Like 1

yeah..unfortunately, and i was quite effectively manipulated by said psychopath under the influence, used as a pawn in a deeply twisted and terrifying game, designed to hurt my partner at the time, and announce to our collective group of friends that we had all been fooled into glorifying this person as a god, when in reality their true nature was closer to that of a demon.

the thing that for me defined the psychopathy was the intent, the planning, the knowledge of what would inneviatbly take place, and the skill with which such a fissard was constructed and carried out until that brutal moment of revelation, where we all realised we were living in a nightmare.

- plz don't quote me I might edit this later.. Still makes me feel yuck thinking about it. We all got through it physically okay, some higher protective force really was at work, but it mentally fucked all participants of the escapade for quite a long time after.

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 2

The fuckers lurk around every corner. I've comes across several and it can be hard to spot them immediately.

For the lips of a forbidden woman drip honey,
and her speech is smoother than oil...

...but in the end she is bitter as wormwood,
sharp as a two-edged sword.
Her feet go down to death;
her steps follow the path to Sheol;
she does not ponder the path of life;
her ways wander, and she does not know it.

And now, O sons, listen to me,
and do not depart from the words of my mouth.
Keep your way far from her,
and do not go near the door of her house,
lest you give your honor to others
and your years to the merciless,
lest strangers take their fill of your strength,
and your labors go to the house of a foreigner
(Proverbs 5:4-10)

• Like 1

^ any commentary to go with that?

probably just applies to women who didnt follow the rules (be sold to a husband, be owned by him, die)

• Like 1

Ahem. as far as I can see this is a thread about psychpaths and not about gender issues.
Any issues seem to be yours.

As for commentary I wasn't sure it needed commentary and was obvous in itself.
Ie that pschopaths have existed at all times in history and had been written about.
Psychopaths of whatever sex are reptilian predators on the rest of humanity and here a young man is being warned against becoming a victim of one of the female variety way back when. Pity todays young men who have no warnings given to them.
The thing is, the vast majority of people have no idea at all about these reptilian vampire predators who all leave a trail of destruction in their wake(David Icke does) or even being able to recognise them and so are easy prey.to these entities whos true nature is as Ceres says here ealier closer to that of a demon.
A lot of people just think that because psychopaths are so bad they must be easy to recognise. Wrong.
They are by and large invisible to most people and to illustrate this I point out the film Basic Instinct where I think Sharone Stone plays the part of a psychopath/sociopath quei well fooling one and all,even the "intellegent".

Edited by Mycot
  • Like 1

biblical stuff is easy to misinterpret without some reliable context. i'm lost halfway through the first line at 'forbidden woman'.

Do reptilian people know they are reptilian? :0

• Like 1