The Corroboree
singult

Drosera/Sundews

Hey all,

Two years ago I came across some beautiful Drosera spatulata, and brought them home to live with me and be my friends.

They survived the move from the wild to captivity rather well, but a blundering and rather large-booted firefighter put an end to it all when he stepped on their home and its glass shattered everywhere. I tried to salvage the situation but to no avail.

Does anyone in Melbourne/Victoria grow native sundews, and do you have seed or plants which I could buy from you or trade w you for?

I miss my spatulatas!

• Like 1

I have a couple of pots with Bribie Island D spatulata and D binata (var.multifida?) plus one unidentified Drosera sp from Stradbroke Is. that should all be setting seed as soon as the days start to lengthen again if you want some?

• Like 4

I very much do. I promise any newborns will be kept away from clumsy firefighters!
How should we go about remembering to trade/sell in several months?
Memory... erm, not my forte.

Memory... erm, not my forte LOL an understatement in my case

I did have a diary App that reminded me of everything but that carked it on me & my tech support & i are having a difference of opinion. So i have no idea.

• Like 2

Bunnings can order them in usually. Also check out the 'forked sundew' she's an absolute beauty from down your way. Don't forget to use charcoal in your potting mix, they love that :)

• Like 1

Shortly, I will calendar you in for early spring.

Which one is the forked sundew, Halycon? You can probably spot which at the following link... http://www.vcps.org/vicdrosera.html

Just realised I probably has the aberrans, and mixed them up with the spatulata. /facepalm

hey singult, my sundew is seedin now if ya still keen

Bribie island spatulata? Cool!! I'm going fishing there on Friday.

Hey singult,

sorry to kiybosh your thread but i am selfish :)

Does anyone have experience growing Drosera? Doing a grow trial at work and I know there are some Sages on this forum. The only ones to sprout so far are some indica.

Cheers

are these like drosera capensis? , I have alba.. , one of my all time faves...

I found i could snip a few leaves/stem to tiny bits, add them to a jar of rain with the lid on tight...., and mass leaf-propogate them rather quickly !

then I would pour them on some rainy-peat , fresh sphagnum would've probably been better though

-shame fly traps dont allow that sort of cuttings taking

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ