The Corroboree
mystical oyster

cyclone ita

Cyclone Ita, a destructive category-five storm, is on a collision course with far north Queensland.

The weather bureau says Ita has slowed down as it heads towards the coast and should make landfall near Cape Flattery, about 70 kilometres north of Cooktown, about 11:00pm.

The dangerous system will generate storm surges, high tides and very destructive winds of up to 300 kilometres per hour.

Parts of the coast could receive up to 300 millimetres of rain every six hours for several days after Ita hits.

Forecasters are closely monitoring for any southerly shift in the cyclone's track which could take it towards more densely populated areas.

Authorities say the cyclone is likely to rival the intensity of Cyclone Yasi, which devastated regions in far north Queensland in 2011.

Councils in the region say they are prepared for electricity supply to be cut to some communities for up to a month.

Grab onto your nuts fnq, this will be one he'll of a blow job

post-11944-0-79077400-1397184971_thumb.j

post-11944-0-75283600-1397185037_thumb.j

post-11944-0-79077400-1397184971_thumb.jpeg

post-11944-0-75283600-1397185037_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-79077400-1397184971_thumb.jpeg

post-11944-0-75283600-1397185037_thumb.jpg

Edited by mystical oyster
  • Like 2

Good luck fnq

• Like 2

The wind is starting to blow. Looks like it will be a direct hit.

Windows taped up. Cupboards against the windows. Books and cloths in garbage bags.

I think I'm ready, but this is going to be full on.

Now I've just got to decide which pot plants to bring inside - maybe I could try to fit them all. Yeah I think I'll do that.

Yea this may well be the most epic cyclone to hit us yet, my thoughts are with cape flattery (flattened by tomorrow) and cooktown, Im closer to Cairns, hard to say how hard it will hit, brought all my plants in, haven't got tape and can't get to town, no food, but i have beer and smokes, so Im kicking back and gettin kinda excited, love the power in cyclones, crazy stuff! Doesn't seem to be much on it, unpredictable, I've heard it might start hitting me after lunch tomorrow, early night.

• Like 1

Lets hope its not too bad. Good luck with it. I better move my cacti now. I have a brug that may get thrashed because I cant move it.

• Like 1

LOL beer & ciggies, you will be fine mystical oyster :wink:.

I wish all the North QLD members the best of luck through this time of blow.

I have lived in north qld & have had to deal with cyclones but my attitude was like mystical oysters, I thought there were great & just got excited.

all the best

Jox

• Like 3

fuck i just ran out of beer :BANGHEAD2: .. hope all ya plants go well :scratchhead:

I'm feeling for you guys. We're about due for a kicking too. Hoping it doesn't happen any time soon though. Cyclonic winds fuck your house let alone the poor garden.

just got down graded back to catagory 4 apparently

yea buddy, still very quiet in cairns, meant to hit us early morning i think. ive got my supplies and drinks so im sweet!

cyclone partys everywhere atm, have got to love it.

• Like 1

What are you upto bhmm? Looks like im riding this one at home alone. I know there is an outdoor party on tonight near my house but i think these guys don't realise how much rain shell be carrying with her, so i think ill be staying inside lol. All my plants are safe and sound, as long as my windows hold up. Bit more cleaning up to do, expecting winds to hit by the afternoon.

Apparently Campbell Newman came up and got some photos taken with some sand bags as he used his power to turn it from a 5 to a 4

vote newman, lol

Bahahahaha.

Not much bro been up waiting for this thing to hit, not goin to now i think. yea i kicked it at home, i know theres a few partys on today but the road up the hill has had mudslides an trees fallen over the road,prob just gona mish an see wat all these other cats are up to.

• Like 1

Ah yea just realised the range will be closed, don't think there would be much chance of getting between Cairns and Tablelands.

yea i think both ways are closed to, bullshit imho.