The Corroboree
CLICKHEREx

The Internet Turned Kratom, a Medical Plant, Into an Oxy-Adderall Lovechild

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/718504-The-Internet-Turned-Kratom-a-Medical-Plant-Into-an-Oxy-Adderall-Lovechild

isthisincognito View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Add as Contact

Bluelighter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join Date May 2010

Posts 140 Today 03:26 In January, an Oklahoma City TV station warned viewers about kratom, a new drug said to be rapidly taking hold in the community.

Users say its the legal form of heroin, with hallucinogenic effects like LSD, reported KOKH-TV, Oklahoma Citys Fox affiliate.

At low doses, kratom has a stimulant effect, the station reported, but users had begun taking high doses, two to three pills at a time, several times a day and were experiencing the opposite resultsomething comparable to taking a fistful of very strong painkillers, according to an Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics spokesman quoted in the report. Another source, identified as a man on YouTube, apparently took several of the pills and said it felt like he had taken 40 to 60 milligrams of OxyContin.

Kratom, which is the ground-up leaf of a tree native to Southeast Asia and typically either consumed in capsule form or brewed into a tea, had already sent one Oklahoma [sic] to the hospital, the station reported. State officials told KOKH they were concerned more residents would get sick, with kratom increasingly available in convenience stores, gas stations and, in particular, on the Internet.

Similar reports have aired on local newscasts across the country, telling viewers that kratom is dangerous and potentially addictive, frequently featuring local law enforcement officials or drug counselors comparing it to heroin and to recently trendy synthetic drugs like bath salts, K2, and Spice.

continued - http://motherboard.vice.com/read/how...ce=recommended

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 iamthesuck View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Add as Contact

Bluelighter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join Date Sep 2013

Posts 102 Today 06:02 The whole Kratom scene is sketch as fuck. Lacing with novel or illegal opiates is one big NO GO for me. Also, I really don't understand why the effects would change drastically from "low" to "high" doses. I don't understand the mechanisms of action and don't have time to :/ sounds like it could be worthwhile though

#5 RedRum OG View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Add as Contact

Bluelighter

Join Date Jul 2009

Location Minnesota&wisconsin

Posts 3,131 Today 06:09 ITS LIKE OXY BUT ADDERALL AND HALLUCINOGENIC LIKE LSD AND 2 BILLION CASUALTIES AND COUNTING CAUSES HOLES IN THE BRAIN AND MAKES YOUR DICK SHRINK

thanks journalism

#6 toothpastedog View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Add as Contact Send Email

Bluelighter

Join Date Dec 2010

Location Fascist Valley, USA

Posts 1,908

Blog Entries20 Today 07:02 Originally Posted by RedRum OG

ITS LIKE OXY BUT ADDERALL AND HALLUCINOGENIC LIKE LSD AND 2 BILLION CASUALTIES AND COUNTING CAUSES HOLES IN THE BRAIN AND MAKES YOUR DICK SHRINK

thanks journalism

YES!

For anyone who has any doubts whatsoever the efficacy of kratom, check out 7-Hydroxy-Mitragynine, the dopest of kratom alkaloids imho. If you can get it isolated, great stuff (although a tad expensive compared to kratom itself).

@ iamthesuck - On that note you could say that of the majority of the entheogen herb/natural internet community or internet RC community. Personally I've never encountered anything like that with kratom, but of course it's always a possibility (not just with kratom but any herb/substance purchased off the net/street, although of course much much less an issue from a trusted vender/chemist/pharmacy).

#8 f33lg00d View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Add as Contact

Bluelighter

Join Date Aug 2011

Location NE USA

Posts 812 Today 11:31 ^ it doesn't cause LSD like hallucinations, just opioid pipe dream style, I've never had them from kratom but I'm also quite tolerant to opioids being an exheroin addict. Can you tell us more about ur experience smoking in kratoms megathread I've never heard of someone using that roa.

People just have to fucking fuck up every good Plant and Thing that is out there until it´s banned in every single country. All these Nutjobs with their YouTube Videos should be thrown out of the ethnobotanical community because they are a fucking danger to us all. The Type of people who make such statements about Kratom being like LSD and Oxycotin are doing this community a huge disservice. You know, this YouTube Review Idiots who make totally overblown comments are the same type of people who would just sniff glue if nothing else was available just to get high. They are not a part of our community! They can´t just use a medicinal plant in a way that it was used for centuries, they need to make a 1000x Extract to get your head fucked in every thinkable way just to get high and give the media the Fuel for the fire! Worked great for salvia and the same will happen to San Pedro or Kratom! That´s just the way of the world and It makes me extremely mad to see how this process keeps on going on until there are no more medicinal plants available to go for people with pain, withdrawal or just a messed up chemical system without having to break the law. What makes some people turn to meth, H or coke and i am sick of watching this process. Honestly, if there´s a plant that you really love, you should stop talking about it! Period. Our society is not ready for Medicinal Plants and the moment the public catches about people having pain relief, or enjoying the medicinal effects of any plant, it´s over and they cry for it to be fucking banned. And then go on to drink a bottle of wine a day and smoke a cigarette. Because they will never have the same mindset as our younger generation and they will keep oppressing us with their outdated view of the world. And this is not just about medicinal plants, but an overall generation conflict. You think most of our parents and the people they went to school with care if a certain plant is legal or not? Think again. It´s of no importance to them. Society will ban EVERY SINGLE PLANT without thinking twice as long as it´s nothing they personally care about. So they can feel better about themselves and how good they are because they "ONLY" drink or smoke cigarettes. "Yeah, screw the druggies...let´s ban it all. Puff Puff."

All they care for are themselves and there are days, i can hardly stand the ignorance i am faced sometimes. The older I get, the more I hate humanity and it´s fucking hypocrisy. Rant fucking over now. Note to self. Drink a coffee before reading news on the internet.

Edit: Edited out some fucks. Thinking about it, maybe i should have added some more instead. :)

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 8

hallelujah.

bye th

*Tips hat to a brother kraut from another route

geez, purple hearts comes to mind Evil....totally agree witchya.

ah, remember them.....ah....pain relief, /....ah....the powers that be want us to be in constant pain and make our backyard roses into an illegalpractise. when you are in pain and the only way out is with a doctors prescription, think for a moment what our ancestors did for pain relief. there were compound chemists my friend, but they wore lion's dresses and a cool pair of mammoths fur for a white coat.

rushpekt the eg

• Like 3

When someone compares kratom to bath salts or LSD that just makes me loose just a little bit of respect and hope for humanity... dear god help us all.

• Like 1

They can´t just use a medicinal plant in a way that it was used for centuries, they need to make a 1000x Extract to get your head fucked in every thinkable way just to get high and give the media the Fuel for the fire!

I agree wholeheartedly. I have nothing against 100x extracts, but as soon as it's marketed to the general public as a 'legal high',the substance gets banned :-(

Just realized my blood sugar is at 45. No wonder I went berserk. Googled it and it sounds really low to me. Anyone here with experience about blood sugar?

cant buy kratom extract anywho . soooo i dont give a , can i borrow a fuck eg.. propaganda makes the world go around..

sooooooooooo mr X to tha muthafucking CLICK this info is fucked.

MAKE YA OWN 100 X

Edited by bullit

If people insist on making money off these things while taking minimal responsibility for the outcomes then this will keep happening. Rampant commercialization in the 'Legal Highs' industry makes these plants widely available and it is the same industry and process that results in the plants being banned.

I think you hit the nail on the head Yeti, it boils down to the money factor.

As soon as certain individuals see an opening to get in on a market and make profit, they go all out to make as many products and "extracts" as they can, all just to line their own pockets, regardless of the stigma and inevitable banning/scheduling of what could have been a researched and beneficial contribution to the greater community.

I am getting to be just like ol' mate EG, a grumpy bugger when it comes to the capitalization of the ethno scene!

Sick of the gluttonous few fucking it up for the responsible many!

• Like 1

Evil G, if ya need blood sugar info I am happy to help. Got myself diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a while back and have been researching since!

Have nothing against capitalism if it's sustainable and doesn't lead to the ban of plants. We all need to money to live and thats all fine. But the way kratom is being marketed, it' churn and burn without any respect for the plants!

Well put Evil Genius

someone needs to make and market someway of demonizing coffee and get that fucking banned,

imagine the shit storm if the latest "dangerous" street fad could be traced back to being a coffee extract that any kid can get hold of and make.

you certainly aint a grumpy olg guy EG, you would have to be brain dead to not be outraged at humanity

If tobacco and alcohol were discovered today, I wonder what would happen there?
Both carcinogens, both highly addictive, both cost billions a year in health care, both cause more deaths than any other "drug" and neither have any real benefit whatsoever to the overall health of people...

But they are awesome sources of revenue, so why ban them? Hypocrisy at the highest level.