The Corroboree
Meditator

Good vs shit store potting mixes?

I always found Scotts Osmocote potting mixes to be among the best (if not the best) compsition-wise. But I ended up moving to an organic one which I forget the brand of. Basically the difference is the amount of shit that you screen out with the plastic garden sieve...as long as you're not buying crappy mix to start with once it's sieved it's mostly pretty consistent. Make sure you're buying mix that is pine-based and not native-based. You can tell by the look of the woodchips and particles...pine makes for a much better mix, other woods and natives tend to be shit and won't hold moisture...or will go all soggy and rot.

I've been using this coir block for a few years

1d888046-1327-4be6-92fa-e14be1185b5_zps9

I'm really happy with it for cactus and all other plants. I would need to see some incredible results from another potting mix to think about changing.

Are Brunnings and Bunnings related? Cousins? Kissing cousins? Siblings? Jaime and Cercei siblings?

I really need more coir in my life.

Are Brunnings and Bunnings related? Cousins? Kissing cousins? Siblings? Jaime and Cercei siblings?

I really need more coir in my life.

I don't think so. I worked at Bunnings and was not told to push the Brunnings products. Brunnings fertilisers are at other hardware chains as well, Bunnings would keep it exclusive if it was their line of goods