The Corroboree
-RC-

New study shows picking is addictive

I know that when I picked what turned out to be over (edit;dry) three ounces, I was dreaming of picking mushrooms. I was seeing mushrooms in everything and everywhere. I really wanted to do it again xD

Edited by F*ckF*ckMD
  • Like 3

I always dream about picking after ... picking. Subconscious knows what it wants(needs)...

Edited by doublebenno
  • Like 2

I saw a witch's hat today with a dome marker on top and I was thinking to myself "What the fuck is a mushroom statue doing here?" :huh::unsure:

Turns out it wasn't... :blush:

Thanks for posting that very informative article responsible choice. I needed a good laugh today and that hit the spot nicely mate :)

• Like 1

Who says its picking thats addictive, snapping photos is every bit as addictive.

With the wet weather all the beautiful flushes of all manner of fungi about everywhere i managed to turn a 5 min walk into a six hour photo hunt, and even then i only bailed because i runded outa batteries including both sets of spares.

I recon it’s the thrill of the hunt that keeps us going & coming back for more.

• Like 2

My crackpot theory; Eating the mushroom allows the mushroom entity to live in your mind. The entity makes it appealing, via neurotransmitter release, to pick more which helps spread the spores and the love. Something like that.

• Like 3

Was the research peer reviewed?

:slap: