The Corroboree
inti

Hi all - Just completed mycology course - new to the field.

Hi Guys

After being passionate gardener and corroboree member for several years and now as part of my evolution I taken then initiative to take a step into the world of Mycology. And have entered the "mycology" part of the forum.

I just completed a Mycology course past weekeend with "Forestfungi" with Will & Dan.

It was great. I learn the art of tissue culture.

Now I need to get my equipment to get started.

If anyone is selling gear second hand I would be interested.

(large pressure cooker!) & any many other things. If you have anything good for a neewbie let me know plz.

Also I am after Agar dishes of mycelium ...

I can pay $$ or trade tricho cacti seedlings or cuts.

Also i am after some agar of various psilocybe species for microscopic purposes only.

Thanks everyone

Inti

for all your equipment needs use the SAB store

and aussimushroomsupplies.com has plenty of gear to he also sells some different edible prints

• Like 1

www.midasmushroom.com

Open to trade too if you have anything interesting

• Like 1

Thanks for advice. Will check them all out.

can trade with tricho pach cross seedlings and cuts

Get your pressure cooker from Amazon. Even after paying for international shipping you still save a lot of money. They're way too expensive here. Presto pressure cookers are cheaper but All American are the best and they'll outlive you. The All American 921 is great. If you get a Presto then the 23 quart model is what you'd want. If you have the money then you can think about buying the bigger models but it's not necessary, especially if you're just doing it as a hobby.

If you want to play around with tissue culture using edible mushrooms then checking your local Bunnings for mushroom grow kits can be worthwhile. I've seen them sell various edible mushrooms kits in the past for a decent price and with one of the kits you can grow a ton of edible mushrooms and take a multitude of tissue samples to put on agar.

Also try Ebay for second-hand pressure cookers. There are often a lot of good quality ones on there very cheap!