The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
theuserformallyknownasd00d

wanted; unusual Winter Herbs/Vegies

Hi guys, I have just taken over an old "UK" style gardening adjustment. The former gardener left it in top condition, all we have to do it weed as its been sitting mulched and composting for 6mths. There is more room than we can plant ATM and after planting out all the staples for winter we still have 40+ square meters to play with until summer comes.

Would anybody be willing to sell me or trade some unusual vegie seeds or herbs that are suitable for a Sydney winter climate? The shops around here are quite bland and Ive already got their more interesting varieties.

A few quirky seed potatoes could be awesome, as well as any spinach/kale/herb varieties that aren't found in the mainstream retailers. I'll do an order from diggers if there isnt much interest, although its all a bit daunting considering its my first year trying to live off a patch and I want to plant the good yielding varieties... Any suggestions via PM would be great, I'd be all ears.

Thanks and just contact me via pm to sort out trades/money...!

I will have some heirloom Cuban pepper seeds as soon as I've gotten to eat them. :) I'm told they're barely more spicy than supermarket capsicums but only about the size of a golf ball and with a smokey taste. PM me toward the end of the week and I'll have some dried and ready if you like.

If it comes to buying seeds, check out Eden Seeds if you haven't already, too, they're great to deal with and also sell a few traditional medicinals as well as a great selection of heirloom edibles/ornamentals.

• Like 2

Check out thelostseed.com.au. I have ordered a fair few different heirloom vege seeds from there, and they have all had really good germination rates

• Like 2

I got a heap of freshly harvested Tuscan Kale seeds and Brussels Sprouts. Kale is very healthy, let me know if you want some seed. I must have about 50,000 seeds at a guess :