The Corroboree
-RC-

Psilocybin Mushrooms of SE QLD, Australia

On 30/08/2021 at 3:00 PM, -RC- said:

Hopefully I can catch up with Dr McTaggart tomorrow for a chat :) 

I'm sure there is a lot he could learn from you

^ To be fair he has something that I would love to have - authorisation to pick wild specimens! Wouldn't we all... :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, SayN said:

How'd you go RC?  (and what was the occasion?)

He is a super nice guy. We were talking about his research that has just received funding from the federal gov into psychedelics. He's doing population studies of cubensis and looking at DNA stuff around whether subs are native to Australia. Or some such. He's got the golden ticket in terms of picking mushrooms (pun intended). Oh, if only I could pick mushrooms, frolicking gaily in the summer sun, for science of course. We can all dream. :lol:

I thought I might be able to help, but I'd need similar authorisation to do so...

• Like 2

The heat and the rains have begun again, which hopefully will give us a nice run up to the wet season. :wink:

If you are reading this and haven't yet got a copy of my book have a look here:

https://www.responsiblechoice.com.au/product/psilocybin-mushrooms-of-south-east-queensland-the-book/

Just got another run in so they're hot off the press! :P

Watch the heavens and the earth,

RC

• Like 3

Even though the heavens have opened somewhat, the soil temps still need to come up a bit yet.

Patience young padawan :wink:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, -RC- said:

, the soil temps still need to come up a bit yet.

What range are you looking at?

Or should I buy the book :lol:

I reckon at least low twenties at the lowest end (nighttime) and mid to high during the day (I'm talking ambient/air temps, I don't go around actually sticking thermo gear in the ground/poo)?

It's also difficult to get the necessary humidity until it warms up a little more. :wink:

8 hours ago, rottenjonny said:

Or should I buy the book :lol:

Of course you should. Collectors item mate.

Ahh I had noticed that the season has been getting earlier and earlier and I found this for my area. 

I've never got my finger on the pulse for a start date but I see the season continue until ambient overnight consistently >15 humidity dependent of course

IMG_20211028_184244.jpg

IMG_20211028_184244.thumb.jpg.ca7d8a5cb45ce61d154e5d15426b5974.jpg

IMG_20211028_184244.thumb.jpg.ca7d8a5cb45ce61d154e5d15426b5974.jpg

• Like 1

Although it is early I am hearing good reports on cubes and pans SEQ last week or two- Seeing some piccies of some lovely looking fruits! Not quite abundant but surprised at how early. Having said that I think cubes can handle down to say 18 deg, and I would say a super mild winter this year.

• Like 1

2XB!!!!! :o :lol:

Dude, nice to see you are still lurkin around these traps.

For sure cubes can handle lower temps, and I'm pretty sure over the years in this thread I have found them into May up here.

But then we aren't talking "Holy shit!" (pun intended), we're talking "Oh cool, they're still coming up!" :wink::P

• Like 1

they are everywhere at the moment. northern NSW.

Edited by oncewhywechange
  • Like 2

On 29/10/2021 at 9:48 PM, -RC- said:

2XB!!!!! :o :lol:

Dude, nice to see you are still lurkin around these traps.

For sure cubes can handle lower temps, and I'm pretty sure over the years in this thread I have found them into May up here.

But then we aren't talking "Holy shit!" (pun intended), we're talking "Oh cool, they're still coming up!" :wink::P

Yes bro I'm still sniffing around every few months :-) so awesome to see this legendary thread still active!!!

Trust you doing well RC

On 30/10/2021 at 9:23 PM, oncewhywechange said:

they are everywhere at the moment. northern NSW.

thanks for posting this, still been pretty wet around here, Might have to get off my arse!

14 minutes ago, 2XB said:

Yes bro I'm still sniffing around every few months :-) so awesome to see this legendary thread still active!!!

Trust you doing well RC

thanks for posting this, still been pretty wet around here, Might have to get off my arse!

Late November used to be my "golden weeks" to head up north and forage. 

• Like 2

I have it on good authority that Woodford has been popping of late. :wink:

Wonder how the fungi will go with all the rain around. I really wanna go picking, never done it in seq before. My partner made the comment she wanted to try it (even though I’ve been trying to educate her for years) cause she has now heard about all the studies and benifits etc. I guessing any paddocks around Maleny to Woodford are promising? 

• Like 1

On 24/11/2021 at 9:02 AM, Zedo said:

I guessing any paddocks around Maleny to Woodford are promising? 

^This.

I've had a number of ID requests from the Sunny Coast of late, so I can certainly state that the season has begun up here.

That said, the nighttime temps are still too low for significant (in my scheme of things) flushing. 20 - 22+ degrees C is what we are still waiting for.

My old man used to say "Patience is a virtue". :wink:

And don't forget that after significant falls, wait a day. Unless your finger is on the pulse and you know.

Yeah fair call. I used to live 5mons away from a cow paddock. So I’d just check every time. But now I’ve gotta travel 1-2hours and never done it here. I’ll either have to wait for some degree of confirmation or strong gut feeling. 

• Like 1

Yes, it's all on again. As this humidity and evening storm action continues falls will be localised, as will flushes. :wink:

When the big rains come then it's on like Donkey Kong bra!

Edited by -RC-
  • Like 1

The rain cometh. Prepare yourself.

It is definitely that time of year again, so if you have considered having a squiz now, and over the next week, is the time.

Good luck!