The Corroboree
-RC-

Psilocybin Mushrooms of SE QLD, Australia

After the heat of the weekend and the downpour this afternoon I dare say the season is starting around Woodford. Also congrats on the book RC I'm definitely ordering a copy now thanks for all your work helping the SEQ community 

• Like 2

Cheers mate :lol:

Yeah, the rain's are comin ma! With this humidity, and with the soil temps up now, we just need the downpours and it's go time.

It looks like the Sunny Coast is going to get a bit of a drenching over the next week or so, and the soil temps should be about right, so I reckon it might be worth a squiz in the mix there somewhere. :huh:

If you are new to foraging think about paddocks, etc. that might be potential habitats now, before the rain comes, so you have a bit of a plan of action. If you aren't on property see if there are a couple of local farmers who wouldn't mind if you have a wander around sans cattle for a carton or some such. :wink: 

Just want to add another recommendation for RC's book. Great read, informative and gave me a few laughs too. Rc is a smart dude. 

Most importantly, if you cant identify a cube after reading this, you'd dead set have to be blind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm assuming a correlation with night time lows, and I tend to look for >20 degrees celcius on average. I've seen cyans today, so I would like to make a tentative opening call to the season in SE QLD. :shroomer:

Should see at the very least pan. antillarum and a few parasols over the next few days :)

• Like 2

We've had a decent bit of rain but the ground in Toowoomba is still dry as. Heading out Brisbane way this weekend and will make sure to have a peruse of the paddocks on the way :)

Had a look around GC hinterland a few days ago the rivers were overflowing and apparently had plenty of rain in the area. ( And the most hunters I've ever seen at this spot) But the field seemed really dry apart from large puddles in the lower parts, found 2/3 small cubes .

Crazy how a field can just swallow up all that water and still looks dry . These recent few days rain might kick things into gear

• Like 2

Yeah handfuls of pans, but no cubes yet. The water table is still much too low up here.

Need another good 100mls or so I reckon, and a little tweak of the temps before we enter the cube game yet. :wink:

• Like 2

Hi All

It's prolly been 18 months since I was here last?  Here kinda near Fernvale it has just been so dry for so long.  We had about 100 mm between last Friday and Tuesday of this week.  I'd hoped that would be enough rain for success on Thursday and Friday.  No luck.  There wasn't as much dung around as previous years though either so the cocky might have moved his cows around due to the lack of rain.  In my previous post all that time back, I mentioned that I'd laid down a mushroom plot with some spoor rich dung.  No luck with that either.  I'll now try it with sugar cane mulch as others suggested (should have asked here before I tried google and doing it myself).

B

• Like 1

Mate, I reckon you would need another 200ml at least if it has been super dry. Gotta have that squelch underfoot, with that water table just under the surface :wink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here in my part of the GC hinterland had from this event 398.5mm. Only like a few mushrooms in the ground and the field i go to, is so damp and wet, there was nothing there but saw some fellow hunters we all kind of went our own way, we checked the better part of the field but nothing yet,  I still have some dry, when i get a few fresh will return dry spores to field.

something to from last season

last year March 2019.

cubewithvail.thumb.jpg.528b18a05c124975c28170356af04514.jpgcubes.thumb.jpg.fb8537486d668d3f8c96c5d098d97070.jpg

cubewithvail.thumb.jpg.528b18a05c124975c28170356af04514.jpg

cubes.thumb.jpg.fb8537486d668d3f8c96c5d098d97070.jpg

cubes.thumb.jpg.fb8537486d668d3f8c96c5d098d97070.jpg

• Like 2

Roger, thanks RC.  I've just been so hopeful since it's been so long, and that rain just made me think "yeah"!  

While I'm being chatty (I think I've more than doubled my post count with this being my third today), I had a link to an online nursery located nthn NSW, but I got a new pc and lost it.  I never ever bought from them because I simply never got around to it, but they sold all sorts of plants and had all sorts of rules to follow as well (think soup nazi kinda thing haha).  I'm hoping the rules and location (maybe around The Channon?) might be the identifier for someone to say, "yeah I know, here it is" and DM me the link.  Be good to know if they are still in operation if anyone knows?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Saw some decent size cubes yesterday found in the Southern Hinterland of the Sunny Coast, but still too dry for them where I am, which is a bit elevated, and the water table needs much more rain yet to support them.

Pans, well that's another story...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MEbLUzPW1fTpgREs7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/e8HhC2G32ofc3eJ88

• Like 2

22 hours ago, -RC- said:

Saw some decent size cubes yesterday found in the Southern Hinterland of the Sunny Coast, but still too dry for them where I am, which is a bit elevated, and the water table needs much more rain yet to support them.

Pans, well that's another story...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MEbLUzPW1fTpgREs7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/e8HhC2G32ofc3eJ88

Good to hear RC. Strange down here in the Gold Coast Hinterland, had quite a bit of rain, tally from home now is 428.5mm all up. Mountains some would have more, assuming the lack of full sunny days, yesterday was the first really sunny day yesterday , today is cloudy and we had  a storm last night. I cant see shrooms on the footpath but the grass is dead is places still from the dry. The field is close so maybe a gander today or tomorrow. Actually i saw a non active Pan in the mountains,  haha it was funny only shroom about,  but loved the mist, felt save in it.

On 19/12/2020 at 4:50 PM, Boof said:

While I'm being chatty (I think I've more than doubled my post count with this being my third today), I had a link to an online nursery located nthn NSW, but I got a new pc and lost it.  I never ever bought from them because I simply never got around to it, but they sold all sorts of plants and had all sorts of rules to follow as well (think soup nazi kinda thing haha).  I'm hoping the rules and location (maybe around The Channon?) might be the identifier for someone to say, "yeah I know, here it is" and DM me the link.  Be good to know if they are still in operation if anyone knows?

Thanks!

Hi Boof,  Its not the place at Kyogle? I am not sure i can mention names. I got rainforest plants from a nursery for regen at home from NNSW as the plants were better and bigger than regen plus more variety. I'll DM and mention a few names that might help.

On 16/12/2020 at 8:00 AM, Wile E. Peyote said:

We've had a decent bit of rain but the ground in Toowoomba is still dry as. Heading out Brisbane way this weekend and will make sure to have a peruse of the paddocks on the way :)

Hi Wile, I saw some more showers through Toowoomba last night. I noticed the poor dry rainforest at Redwood when I went up the range back in August, i could see dead trees maybe from the weed invasion or the dry. Cubes and Subs? around the Toowoomba area in a good season? I hope you found some cubes or meanies

• Like 1

Hey Macca, I had a search for subs in Tba earlier this year when the conditions were right, mostly in the local commercial pine forests. Didn't see any, and haven't met anyone who has found subs around here. Cubes are on the local sp. list and I know a number of people who have found them, but I think at the moment we could still use more rain <3 

• Like 1

On 19/12/2020 at 2:31 PM, MaccaAu said:

I don't often see cubes with veil remnants the size of this one up my way. Holy cow! :o

Edited by -RC-
  • Like 1

Thanks Macca, I'll check out the places you sent me.  The rules I mentioned were kinda cool / funny; things like don't ring within 6 weeks of your order, it takes at least that long.  If not received at 6 weeks call and we'll provide an update and a new ETA.  Don't call before the new ETA etc , etc until a point where if you call three times inside the windows they said not to call, your order was cancelled or some such.  I had this mental image of a cranky hermit living in the bush who shuns contact with people.  It just made me laugh and sounded fun (in a good way!) to deal with.  They had a good range of cacti and various other plants sought after on these pages.

@-RC- Hi RC - Purchased your book the other day.  Do you know if they are being sent or still waiting on the next print?  No pressure, just managing my expectations.  Thanks!

Edited by Boof
post script
  • Like 1

Mate, if you have ordered it last week then it is on its way. Sent out a whole lot today so hopefully one of them is yours! :wink:

If you ordered yesterday or today then I will be sending them out next Tuesday. I usually use Sendle, but a few have to go via Aust Post, especially if you have a PO Box. Peace!

• Like 1

Thanks RC, got it in time for Christmas!  I wasn't entirely sure what to expect for a self published book, but it is well put together, with good paper stock and photographs.  I haven't finished it yet, but it also reads well; I had wondered if it was a thesis edited into a book which sometimes doesn't translate easily into an interesting read, but no problems here.  Well done and thanks!

• Like 1

Cheers mate! :lol: