The Corroboree
-RC-

Psilocybin Mushrooms of SE QLD, Australia

Slow and steady mate.

• Like 3

Very interesting! it would make sense that a man made synthetic would ruin the effectiveness of natures medicine. Lots to think about now. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Zonad
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Responsible Choice said:

Slow and steady mate.

Very wise and kind advise RC , I have waited many years including sobriety for the last six and it has been over 20 since I have taken lsd but never mushrooms, it’s kind of a bucket list item if that makes sense but as you say slow and steady no use rushing things now I can have a good think about it talk to the wife and just admire them in the great out doors for now cheers again 

• Like 2

All the best Spok, tapering off is a slow process if you wish to avoid some nasty side effects. SSRIs can be life saving, but what is life like on them when you are stuck taking them permanently? Pretty dull in my experience.

• Like 2

Few specimens were loving the weather today.

Going to try a new spot tomorrow to see if theres more and for a change of scenery.

Yep, pans everywhere, smattering of cubes. Same same but getting squelchier...

How far west do cubes grow?  Plenty Of pastures out that way but I have had zero success inland So far 

Good question, but I think the answer probably lies in relative humidity, as in how humid can it get there and how much rain do they get? :huh:

I reckon as long as spores have been dispersed in the area (how would you know), there is enough rain, humidity and cow shit I reckon you've got a shot. :wink:

On another note cubes are on the rise up here, but it's still a fukn pan cyan fest. Cbf taking photos either as it takes me out of that flow state that I love so much when I'm foraging. Might have to pool all of my pics into something perhaps... :rolleyes:

Hi guys, I am new to this forum but have been reading intently. Today I had my first hunt and bagged a few pans I think? They were everywhere but I wanted to get an I’d before going crazy on this spot.. I think I also found one cube? The two gold ones on the left I’m sure are not cubes but I just wanted to get them home and have a look anyway.

All up I was probably out in the paddock for 10mins. (Sunny coast)

Also I came across allot of blackened mushrooms, is this from heavy rain damage or maybe direct sun? I’m so new to this. Thanks in advance guys.

i don’t seem to be able to upload pics. Could somebody please help?

• Like 1

A lot of the pans I found were black because they were lower than one that had dropped spores on them. 

There is blue text in the reply box (on mobile) that says "click to choose files" you click that and them navigate to the photo you want to upload, good luck. 

IMG_20200211_185142.jpg

IMG_20200211_185142.thumb.jpg.216273b497e4275c25a9c1b4a125a50e.jpg

IMG_20200211_185142.thumb.jpg.216273b497e4275c25a9c1b4a125a50e.jpg

Edited by Pedro99
Pic
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pedro99 said:

A lot of the pans I found were black because they were lower than one that had dropped spores on them. 

There is blue text in the reply box (on mobile) that says "click to choose files" you click that and them navigate to the photo you want to upload, good luck. 

thanks mate. I have tried but it says upload failed? Maybe the file size is too big?

Oh yep that would be it. I use an app called justresizeit which is free.

• Like 1

On 09/02/2020 at 12:46 PM, Responsible Choice said:

@Zonad Soggy cubes, and a bunch of pan cyans I reckon. Maybe a couple of brown stems in there, but looks the goods to me mate  :wink:

Hi RC, are the brown stem cyans still ok to take? Are there any risky varieties that look like cubes and / or cyans?

thanks

• Like 1

The browner stemmed and capped panaelous sp. are not active as far as I know (apparently the Haymaker mushrooms, which is a pan, has something in it that can spin you out, not psilocybin though).

I would suggest that the blackened ones are more than likely quite old pan cyans, however as Pedro mentioned they do drop black spores so mushrooms of lower height in a clutch will be blackened by spores too. I saw heaps of blackened pans, but I tend to leave them as ID'ing is hard when they're so black you can't see the bluing (often times they are blue-black though, I've come across so many I just cbf checking atm).

As far as I know the most common toxic mushrooms in the field up here are the green gilled parasol (gills stain olive green when bruised), the yellow stainers which stink and stain yellow, and the Haymaker's, but I'm sure I've slipped a couple of those through the net initially with no obvious consequence. Other than that, if they stain blue (give the pans a good pinch on the stem and wait a good while before reinspecting, especially if they are super old or super young) and have black or purple spore prints (pan and cube respectively) you should be fine. Always pop a photo up for an ID though, and so we can share the love bruz. :wink:

Happy hunting! 

**edit: Thought I should mention that the best pics for ID for me are in the field, not picked... as I NEVER, EVER pick them :rolleyes: That shit is illegal! A spore print is also helpful, but yeah, the only pics I take and share nowadays are in situ :wink:

Edited by Responsible Choice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's 3 soggy cubes and a whole bunce of pan cyans mate. I should mention that the pan cyans do have brown tones in the stem, especially the more moderately sized/mature specimens. There are others out that have a more fibrous stem, that feels a bit more frail, and most importantly does not blue when bruised or picked. I really should take pics of them just to rule them out, but I have other things to do...

Thanks for your help mate! Really stoked, found a great spot with so many of these around. 
one more question I have for anyone, is there a reason why people seem to be more after cubes? Just because they can be larger? Reading online it seems many people prefer cyans...

thanks again

• Like 1

Cubes weigh so much more, so there is that element I guess. They're fucking gorgeous to me, and like a giant golden easter egg, so they are quite satisfying to find.

Pans on the other hand are tiny, as you know, and when they are dry they are less than that. They happen to be about 2.5 x more potent though, in dried grams, than cubes.

A major difference between the two is that pans have way more psilocin in them, which is far less stable than psilocybin, and degrades much quicker, but is probably the key to their potency too as psilocybin is converted into psilocin in the body. Thus cubes have a much longer shelf life, but are far weaker generally. There are always variations in potency though, even amongst the same species. 

• Like 1

So exciting to see all the funds on here! With all the rains still going will everything be drowned out if I plan on heading out next Wednesday? 

I'm sure there will still be some rain between now and Wednesday mate. You should be right :wink:

Looking for non actives while waiting for clothes to dry in the laundromat near Brisbane CBD and stumbled across these beauties. Not active but magic all the same.

D89865C3-97AA-4C25-99FC-E8A76C7AE933.jpeg

D89865C3-97AA-4C25-99FC-E8A76C7AE933.thumb.jpeg.42dc15b1eda6bf13755ed4406698cf24.jpeg

D89865C3-97AA-4C25-99FC-E8A76C7AE933.thumb.jpeg.42dc15b1eda6bf13755ed4406698cf24.jpeg

• Like 1

@Zonad

They look awesome, are they pretty small in size?

Definitely want more photos next time :)