The Corroboree
-RC-

Psilocybin Mushrooms of SE QLD, Australia

:drool2: heres hoping, been watching the weather forums closely.

Bit of a hoax as far as big falls go, but still saw a handful of pans and cubes out and about, just not quite wet enough :(

130mm at home here in the Gold Coast hinterland , in general the area has had up to 150mm or so. Might wait 1 day and check either tomorrow or thursday, not as much rain as was expected from this event

• Like 1

A few around...

24y7ptv.jpg

• Like 2

^ nice :D , we just got back home, :( not much around at all, actually no shrooms around here locally, could not go to the usual spot, saw farmer entering, but fields nearby bare looking from the car.

The coming heat and storms might, be good. We only started last March with mushroom hunting, but remembered the spot from when we were younger had cows.

I've been dreaming of a gold Christmas... :lol:

1055w12.jpg

• Like 7

beautiful specimens of cubes - hope you had a nice golden Christmas :D  Appears Santa in my area, not even letting other shrooms grow either

Where are you people? Shrooms just growing around the yard? Good lord!  My closets are filled with colinizing substrate and guardedly optemistic fruiting tubs.It is a challenge around here!

Edited by Jessamyn
Spelling
  • Like 2

Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia bruz :wink:

• Like 4

I do have horses so I am blessed with plenty of manure! :P

I'd be keen for someone to show me the ropes.

I'm trying to acquire spores to study with microscopy

If you just go on observational walks you'll fine more than enough to study. you'll literally have a couple years supply of study material from just one walk. 

If you live in the right area you simply don't need to do any microscopy, just go on observational walks. 

On a completely unrelated matter I met a guy who was walking around looking for native herbs and he would dry those herbs for later study. Walking is great.

• Like 1

On 11/01/2019 at 7:38 PM, Halcyon Daze said:

If you just go on observational walks you'll fine more than enough to study. you'll literally have a couple years supply of study material from just one walk. 

If you live in the right area you simply don't need to do any microscopy, just go on observational walks. 

On a completely unrelated matter I met a guy who was walking around looking for native herbs and he would dry those herbs for later study. Walking is great.

That is a very helpful reply, thanks mate. I'm near Caboolture in Qld could you suggest nice places to walk?

Sunny coast, had the best places to walk. My old backyard of Sippy downs (what's left of it) was just something else.

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 1

Only met a nice guy and his gf once we were out hunting, was nice meeting a fellow shroomster

Omen, what i do is study google maps, and search instagram for various locations to see what i can see, for nice walks .

• Like 1

Rains are comin Ma... :lol:

• Like 2

Bring it on , pleeeease . Its been a long dry season.  By the way , still on topic , SE Qld . Does anyone know how far north Subs have been sited ? I heard they are growing Truffles under Oaks in the granite belt , near Stanthorpe ? Seems to be cool enough

mate its Going to Rain in a few days Zedo im looking for some myself but to much of a noob to go picking by myself theres a few locations around my  actual street / house  would be happy to disclose but i would assume brisbane has a bigger collection no?

interesting the guy above my post deleted it. 

• Like 1

I hope you're not referring to me , I wouldn't know how to delete anyone's post ......

Had a bit of rain in the GC hinterland and around home. Some mushrooms were up a few days ago. Went to check, but found some larger than normal non actives and only one small cube, poor lonely thing, either field had been picked earlier or the rain wasnt enough. Had some more rain down here, so wait a 2 days or so, to give them a chance to pop up

lonely cube.jpg

monster shroom.jpg

59495694_lonelycube.thumb.jpg.736d1c28966bdace9d64430767f9a3ab.jpg

1222845507_monstershroom.thumb.jpg.2ac09a178791e32eedd75be1d48a6fcf.jpg

59495694_lonelycube.thumb.jpg.736d1c28966bdace9d64430767f9a3ab.jpg

1222845507_monstershroom.thumb.jpg.2ac09a178791e32eedd75be1d48a6fcf.jpg

• Like 3

Whoa, what's the huge non-active one?

I bet someone beat you to the others. Hope we get proper rain soon :)

• Like 2

Hello Ph7,  white gills most likely non active, and 3 or so fake blue meanies, and one cube. Possible someone beat me there, hard to believe just one cube, went back again after the rain, not anything, see what happens after this lot of rain

Yeah, I've found many a solitary pan and cube on my wanderings. Some just can't wait for the rest I guess? :huh:

• Like 2