The Corroboree
-RC-

Psilocybin Mushrooms of SE QLD, Australia

Lovely weather we are having lately :D

• Like 1

Over 50mls today so far, so I reckon it is highly likely that the gold will be pushing up all over the place.

Good luck! :wink:

• Like 1

Hi big boy

post-16609-0-74768000-1451982627_thumb.j

post-16609-0-74768000-1451982627_thumb.jpg

post-16609-0-74768000-1451982627_thumb.jpg

Edited by alfamiller
  • Like 6

So fresh!

Not the one... More rain please :blink:

Wouldn't you need a day or two of sun first?

Not when you're chafing at the bit... Nah, looks a wee bit too dry for my liking out there yet. We'll see but :wink:

Around 80 mls in the last 2 days... :wink:

I reckon the pans come on first because they need less water to form their fruiting bodies than the sometimes-monstrous cubes. Saw quite a few pans out there today...

IMG_5882_zpsawyvemco.jpg

IMG_5881_zpse6efcbyo.jpg

IMG_5880_zpsbu3hatrj.jpg

Edited by Responsible Choice
  • Like 3

Interesting couple of days with heaps of pans about, but I've yet to see even the one cube. :o

Anyone else found any gold? :huh:

this is only an opinion, but we,ve had a very dry spring n summer, we have only seen real humidity in the last couple weeks.. . More water needed for golden Mycelium growth I reckon....

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more. We haven't quite yet had multiple days of continuous, heavy rain. But it's coming :wink:

• Like 2

I feel it brewing too man, there will be a deluge :-) !

Finally we are seeing some typical s.e. qld summer :-) I feel like it's been years since I've really laid under a fan in my undies sweating profusely!!

• Like 2

Fuck man, today was ridonkulous. I was swimming through the air, sooo humid.

Hey boys i'm heading up to Terrigal for the weekend. Do you think i'll have any chance of finding some nice gold tops in that region?

• Like 1

It's possible man. They've had heaps of rain. :huh:

I used to live on the Central Coast and never saw the one, but I had no idea how or where or when to find them. :blush:

Please let us know if you have any luck! :)

I reckon the pans come on first because they need less water to form their fruiting bodies than the sometimes-monstrous cubes. Saw quite a few pans out there today...

IMG_5882_zpsawyvemco.jpg

IMG_5881_zpse6efcbyo.jpg

IMG_5880_zpsbu3hatrj.jpg

I see there are some Pan Cyans you have stumbled upon RC, are you confident in ID'ing them? if so how what factors make you certain of your ID?

Just curious as i have never been confident in Pan Cyan identification.

• Like 1

I'm not confident, not initially. I have to see if they bruise how and where, they have to conform to the pan morphology which IS very similar to an imposter out there growing right beside the pans. Not sure what it is or whether it's safe to consume or not, bu it's worth noting. The stipe is fuller? and more brittle and succulent than the pans. They're also usually much bigger than the majority of the pans you will see, and they come on/and end slightly earlier. And they don't bruise blue, like inky blue/black/navy blue. That said I am curious as to whether there are sort of subspecies? of pans out there. Active as well. This link gives an indication of the various presentations of pans around the place:

https://www.shroomery.org/12485/Panaeolus-cyanescens

They also can have this 'cubish' golden hue to them just on the top. Also as they age they can literally go dark blue, cap and stipe. Stipes go pretty much black. They grow in cow poo and horse poo apparently, but I only ever see them in cow's. Same places, same conditions, and other important confirming experiences.

There are quite a few that I find that don't stand up to extended inspection over the course of an hour or so, because as they age they change fairly rapidly, and you are always looking for that inky blue goodness :wink: If there's doubt, leave them out I say.

• Like 1

always remember to take spore prints if in doubt, these can then be used in cow troughs to start new paddocks in cube/pan less regions.

• Like 1

always remember to take spore prints if in doubt, these can then be used in cow troughs to start new paddocks in cube/pan less regions.

Have you had much luck seeding paddocks before Etho?

Black spore print for pans btw :wink:

• Like 1