The Corroboree
-RC-

Psilocybin Mushrooms of SE QLD, Australia

Can't believe the amount of cyans or the sizepost-7956-0-48464900-1420512989_thumb.jp

I got all those from half of a 3 acre field and left about one third of what I seen.... awesome day out :)

I haven't seen many gold tops this year which is weird as I usually only get gold tops.

post-7956-0-48464900-1420512989_thumb.jpg

post-7956-0-48464900-1420512989_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

goldies late jan, feb onwards into early autumn ime

• Like 2

sweet haul btw ;-)

Somebody save me some

Thanks for your post iatd. I live very close to your suggested location, my place is surrounded by cow paddocks. I went for another sticky beak again yestetday -low and behold- there were mushrooms sprouting all around the fence lines and even some sprouting out of a pile of dung.

I guess I went looking a little too soon after the rain started, not giving enough time for the sun to come out.

As far as I can tell, all mushrooms I found look like the same species, they all have the same characteristics as far as I have seen.

The rain has been pretty consistent over the past 5 or so days so everything I've picked is pretty soggy.

I've taken some prints and will get to a proper description once I've got some good photos of some freshly picked specimens.

Some quick notes are that they don't bruise blue, the stem is hollow and has a fibrous texture that seems to curve around the stem. The base of the stem is faintly blue.

The spore prints are a chocolate/dark brown with hints of dark purple.

The caps vary in shape, some wavy some flat, but all the same colour (brown/orange in the centre, lightening in colour outwards).

Like I said, I'll do a proper description once I get some good photos.

Thanks again for your post iatd!

In these times of great abundance it is probably pertinent to note that it is easy to get a bit carried away. An example of what I'm talking about is today I found SOOOO many cyans that after a little bit I was loath to even look at anything smaller than a 50 cent piece. Only one cube though, and my experience corresponds with doublebenno's, as far as when they come on.

It would've been very simple to take every single one I saw, but I'm mindful of a post I read last year about cube fields being raped somewhere. As such I try to carry some sort of sustainable concept in my mind when I'm out there, and also that no one else uses the fields I do, so I'd be self-sabotaging. SO I DIDN'T PICK ANY. :rolleyes:

If you can, leave the little ones (although it can be hard at times with cyans), and once you have enough (whatever that means, but I'm sure we all would know) leave the rest to drop their spores and ensure a good season next year as well. Also try not to rip the mycellium out with the fruit. Cutting or pinching off at the base is your best bet for further fruiting, now and in the future.

Lastly, just to echo prioritise, I have taken one pic this year and that will be it. I'm deleting all of my previous ones as well, just because enthusiasm and excitement can lead to self-incrimination at times, regardless of what we think of the current legal status of psilocybe mushroom possession.

This is certainly not a post dissing anyone or anything, do what you want; it's just some stuff to consider, again if you like.

Good luck all, today was an EPIC day! :wink:

Edited by Responsible Choice
just looking
  • Like 3

I can certainly see your points there RC. Especially with taking care of the Mycellium. I tend to disagree a little about how many you take from a patch though. Once the cap has opened I am of the opinion that it would have dropped enough spores to keep the cycle alive. Damaging Mycellium is much more destructive in my opinion. Although I am no expert and can't offer any tangible evidence.

In regard to Leo. If they want to go through all the rigmarole of finding out who I am, getting a warrant and conducting a search and seizure over the five grams of dried mushroom I have on me at any given time. I say good luck to them. The act of picking illegal mushrooms is a much more dangerous activity then posting pictures of your finds (as long as you take some basic steps like removing meta data!). Again though this is just my opinion and i am a let the chips fall where they may kind of guy.

Thanks for your post iatd. I live very close to your suggested location, my place is surrounded by cow paddocks. I went for another sticky beak again yestetday -low and behold- there were mushrooms sprouting all around the fence lines and even some sprouting out of a pile of dung.
I guess I went looking a little too soon after the rain started, not giving enough time for the sun to come out.

As far as I can tell, all mushrooms I found look like the same species, they all have the same characteristics as far as I have seen.
The rain has been pretty consistent over the past 5 or so days so everything I've picked is pretty soggy.

I've taken some prints and will get to a proper description once I've got some good photos of some freshly picked specimens.

Some quick notes are that they don't bruise blue, the stem is hollow and has a fibrous texture that seems to curve around the stem. The base of the stem is faintly blue.
The spore prints are a chocolate/dark brown with hints of dark purple.
The caps vary in shape, some wavy some flat, but all the same colour (brown/orange in the centre, lightening in colour outwards).
Like I said, I'll do a proper description once I get some good photos.

Thanks again for your post iatd!

Its no problem didgeridooin, I'm happy to help in any small way I can.

• Like 1

edit fuck it

Edited by bullit

golden ones everywhere in Maleny .

its bulshit about jan/feb for them they can start early as sep if the rain falls

also have found them in june.

anywho they are everwhere in the hills magic hills glory

didnt want to bullshit ya bullit, just talking in my experience in the last 10 years around samford & dayboro, of course mushrooms will grow at anytime of year if the conditions are suitable... I am clearly talking observations here as I would never take a p. cubensis home if i found one

• Like 2

.... I am clearly talking observations here as I would never take a p. cubensis home if i found one

post-15334-0-69551000-1420638951_thumb.j

post-15334-0-69551000-1420638951_thumb.jpg

post-15334-0-69551000-1420638951_thumb.jpg

Edited by iatd
  • Like 3

Unless of course it's for microscopic and identification purposes :)

I am also of the opinion you ALMOST can't over harvest shrooms with doing something drastic like pick every single one for a couple of weeks strait. That being said I never take all of them but that's generally because I don't like to be greedy and leave some for others :)

I have noticed cyans like a lot more shade... about 60% of the ones I noticed are in about 20% of the field that runs along the tree line. They only get an hour or two of afternoon sun. There were still quite a few out in full sun but nothing like the clumps of 10-15 in the shade. :)

• Like 3

Cubes up, cyans on the down. Sounds like a stock market report.... :blink:

• Like 3

Hahaha responsible choice up!

edit fuck it

Edited by bullit

golden ones everywhere in Maleny .

its bulshit about jan/feb for them they can start early as sep if the rain falls

also have found them in june.

anywho they are everwhere in the hills magic hills glory

Maleny = Blackall Range dude.... if u wanna get specific, though i dont think it really matters in terms of this discussion do you?

Maleny is a place where u can find anything

u didn't say in your post Dayboro cunt hole don't produce anything till jan/feb

sooooooo eat a shroom and go ummmmmm chill

benno your a top bloke :devil:

Edited by bullit

Yeah sorry dude... maleny rules!

Get da fuck out of my thread with ya Maleny shit. Sunny Coast or nufin fuck yas! :bootyshake:

Um, is Maleny Sunny Coast? :huh::blush:

Edited by Responsible Choice
  • Like 1

Different electorate but it is.....

• Like 1

choice bro .

edit fuck it

Edited by bullit
  • Like 1

edit fuck it

Edited by bullit
  • Like 1

Yeah, shitloads of cows up there, and lovely rolling greenery.

However I've got all that 5 mins up the road so I wouldn't know about the mushroom side of things.

If you guys can wait 5 minutes I'll put another post up about some shit, and every 2 minutes after that... :unsure::wink:

Anyone willing to send a print?? :lol: