The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest reville

Need.Want.Must have... Can't.Plea for help

Guest reville

GRAPE-SCENTED SAGE

Salvia melissodora

Tender Perennial Uses: medicinal aromatic

(Tarahumara Indian sage) Leaves and seeds are used medicinally by the Tarahumara

I reeely want this one to try.

salvia.xoasis has it but as usual no plants to WA.

its $5 plus $10 postage

I can swap 1 pkt approx 20 Ephedra viridis seeds plus 30 catha edulis seeds plus 1 thai cubensis print and one other seed pkt of your choice from AFSR for this plant

muuust have. Heres why i mmust try

Indians of Mexico. Thought to contain the same psychotropic compound found in diviners sage (S. divinorum). Foliage is pleasantly aromatic but it is the lavender flowers that possess the remarkable grape scent. In bloom from late spring until frost, it is a perpetual magnet for bees, butterflies and hummingbirds. Ht. 1.5-2m/5-6ft.

From richters.com

isnt it just lovely

even more importantley its drought tolerant. do you reaise how distressing it was to kill every single Sally i got my hands on.aaar

help appreciated. Id like more than one so the offer is in duplicate whether you want double or its two people send me stuff.

It seeds so we'll also be seeing it in the AFSR sooner or later

I was going to buy this (and a few others) off Sue anyway, so if you're happy to wait a couple of weeks or so.

any chance of yellow brug sanguinea?? it is the perfect climate now.

I,m expecting this(plus 6 others) in the mail

today,so I will have cuttings soon.I,ve almost rooted a few "black knights" too,very very similar smell to s.d. havent tried it yet.

Guest reville

To Torsten

Excellent.regarding the Brugmansias(bith the white and yellow). we still have a mite problem but they have been repotted and put in my 'greenhouse'.As sson as they settle in and the mites F Off ill send them

When you say perfect Climate do you mean for cuttings or plant growth? My plants have started to recover and enter the growth period leading up to flowers in a few months.

Last year i tok cuttings in what was perhaps the coldest months of the year.

The root vitality on cuttings seems weak. Howebver that is very likely to be the fact theyve had no space to make a go of it. we'll see now that they have their own pots and rich soil.

As always whats mine is yours re trade for salvia.I also have a Solandra for you, a rooted sucker

Andrew

If you want the trade i offered im keen

Please contact me as soon as cuttings are ready

thanks

rev

Originally posted by reville:

we still have a mite problem

ditto in my quarantine area, so I don't mind. It was a dry year and the buggers loved it. The brugs are slowly recovering from their all-summer mite attack.

When you say perfect Climate do you mean for cuttings or plant growth?

growth first, then cuttings.

As always whats mine is yours re trade for salvia.I also have a Solandra for you, a rooted sucker

great! you can send any of these any time. They get miticided on arrival anyway. if I get them soon then they can get a bit of growth before going semi dormant (esp solandra).