The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
hookahhead

1st Loph flowers < 6 months (16 @ 230 days)

Fuckin rad dude!

• Like 1

IMG 5025

IMG 5024

IMG 5023

IMG 5022

IMG 5020

IMG 5019

IMG 5018

IMG 5031

IMG 5030

Pictures of the seedlings, San Juan is middle row, second column from the left.

whitestrips

IMG 5028

Edited by hookahhead
  • Like 10

Very nice Hookah.
Edit: How did you graft the crest trichocereus, was it a seedling or an aerole cutting or something?

Edited by gr33ntea
  • Like 1

Massive!! Impressive growth rates.. Nice work..

peace

• Like 1

gr33ntea the crested tricho was one of nitrogen's amazing magic beans. I'll post some more updates of the freaks in a day or two. :)

• Like 1

Ah, I thought it would be about a naturally grown one..

Haven't heard of any lophs flowering under 6 months grown on own roots before. :unsure:

Looks like those flowers will give a nice show!

Edited by afungitobewith
  • Like 2

The flower buds are still swelling, the first one may open tomorrow. They just so happen to be timed with the coming full moon...

Pop! It opened this evening. I noticed another flower bud on it as well, so it has 3 other buds that will hopefully open. Thanks for looking.

IMG 5036

IMG 5035

IMG 5034

• Like 8

One bud closes, as another gets ready to open. During a full moon.

IMG 5064

IMG 5062

IMG 5059

Edited by hookahhead
  • Like 4

And here they are tonight. The second flower opened :) It appears that there are now a potential 5 flower buds? I am fairly certain that this is not a common occurrence, but this is my first plant to flower. The bud on the larger split one doesn't appear to have grown much yet, but a second tuft of hair appears to have popped up now too... hmm only time will tell I suppose. It is quite lovely to watch these guys. There is a glisten to the petals (tepals?) that my poor camera just can't pick up. :blush:

IMG 5091

IMG 5089

IMG 5088

IMG 5087

IMG 5086

• Like 6

Beautiful!!!! Strong color in that flower. Congrats on being a daddy! Hehe.

• Like 1

Nice I really like the mutant loph. If you get any seed off that I'd love to be get a few

@ cactuscarl: That just looks like the growth point split and then made 2 growth points. I doubt it's genetically mutated.

Beautiful flowers man! I think one of mine is about to push out a flower.

Edited by hostilis
  • Like 1

Yeah the loph is not a mutant, it is just where it split from being grafted. The tricocereus beside it is indeed a mutant and one of nitrogens magic beans. The flower on it has also been extremely slow to develop. I was hoping it would have opened by now so that I can have some of it's pollen...

Flower number 4 is screwed up. It looks like 2 more flower buds though are still behind this one? I also busted out the caliper for a few measurements. Thanks for looking.

IMG 5124

IMG 5125

IMG 5128

IMG 5130

IMG 5131

IMG 5132

IMG 5134

IMG 5135

IMG 5136

IMG 5137

IMG 5139

IMG 5140

IMG 5143

• Like 3

It looks like Flowers 5 and 6 decided to show up to the party together. I believe there is still at least one more bud coming. This thing is going to run out of areoles soon :)

IMG 5217

IMG 5213

IMG 5212

IMG 5211

IMG 5209

IMG 5208

• Like 4

7 Flowers in a single month! The 8th bud is already visible/developing. For anyone who is curious, these plants have not been treated with any kind of hormone or similar chemical. Just a large healthy grafting stock, worm tea, and a little bit of affection :wub: . Anyone know when I should start considering contacting Guinness about this? :slap:
Also, it appears the disfigured neighbor might finally loose it's virginity. It has been a long month of foreplay, patiently waiting for the climax and the loads of precious pollen that come with it. :lol:

IMG 5246

IMG 5249

IMG 5251

IMG 5262

IMG 5255

IMG 5258

IMG 5260

IMG 5264

As always, thanks for looking!

• Like 2

Well were up to 8 flowers now! It appears that it has no intention of stopping. I am almost certain I can see it pushing out another bud or two, but it is really hard to tell with all of the hair... B)
As you can see, the cute girl next door is still playing hard to get. Such a tease, but I think she's finally getting close to giving me what I want.
I also switched out the piece of plastic I was using with a piece of foam. I know it detracts from the pictures a bit, but that crazy mutant tricho was being pretty rough on its spineless neighbor.

IMG 5266

IMG 5269

IMG 5271

IMG 5274

IMG 5276

IMG 5278

• Like 2

Finally! Well fellas, this evening I treated this special lady to a fancy restaurant and a romantic movie. Then we returned to my place to enjoy some fine wine. After a couple of glasses, she opened right up!

IMG 5283

IMG 5295

IMG 5284

IMG 5288

I also confirmed there are at least 2 new buds on this thing. Though it's probably just a coincidence that gametes will meet under a full moon, right?

IMG 5292

Edited by hookahhead
  • Like 3

Purely coincidental, sure looks like a pink moon... I had a bloom push over the weekend on a turbini. Didn't open all the way. Been needing a watering and is pretty thirsty. But then again I been running a day or two behind on the full moons with blooms since I been keeping track.

Edited by afungitobewith
  • Like 1