The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
myco

collectors corner plants rotting

ok so this is beggining to be a complete fucking joke (excuse the language)

but im really not happy

cc is one of the only places that can treat plants and send them to W.A. legally

i've bought ALOT from them over the years but over the past year i have received numerous plants from them that rot within weeks of getting them

each time it is clear that they were in a bad condition to begin with basically rot has started on the inside

i have messaged them about this in the past and they have replaced plants or refunded money i am about to message them again about a recent purchase

but this getting out of hand for a large company they seem to have the most retarded cactus growers working for them

im just wanting to know if anyone else has been having these issues especially in other states

or is it just the fact that they take to long to get to me here in W.A.

im really really dissapointed

I saw a cactus in bunnings today from CC and it was very much looking like it had rot already, but they do water the living daylights out of their cacti there...

The cactus from the big box stores here go through a lot of torture. If you don't go and get them right after they're shipped there then they usually start rotting after a couple weeks.

That sux to hear myco,, thanks for the warning!

Definitely not as good as it once was - their cacti expert left several years ago and has gone into biz on his own . He has a website and a shop at Vic markets . Sorry , can't remember his name but he would be the chap to contact ....

Anybody know him ???

The only plant I've ever had that died from classic ground up root rot was a cc sourced bunnings plant.

There is an absolute legend on here member named 'prier' who runs a stall in Melbourne.

Not sure if he worked for CC but he is def a Cactus Expert!

Edited by Pie'oh'Pah
  • Like 1

The Maccas of Cactus horticulture.

Thanks for the lovely words PieÓh'Pah. Never worked at CC / Para, but I am well familiar with them.

Edited by prier