The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
irabionist

Cok Grootscholten Cactus & Succulent Nursery

awesome. iv never seen such a setup.

Arse kick'n nursery , like wise Iv never seen a such an amazing amount of cactus. Also Iv never seen such a large hydronic heating set up , that's massive, the large bore pipes can be indicative of just how much hot water or steam must get piped around to all of the grow houses, never worked on or seen a boiler set up that big in my life.

Edit - those electric motors that are installed on the vertical pipes foremost would be the circulation pumps , never seen such big pumps.

Edited by ~shameless~

That last photo is what keeps the greenhouse warm during the winter.

Was that an oil or natural gas powered steam boiler?

Wonderful Pictures, Sabry! Thank´s a lot for sharing!

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

To be honest I was kind of like a little kid, just smiling and watching... Not many questions were asked, I just listened. Although I have him on Facebook so I'll ask! I also want to know what people know about the Gymno brucii? I can't find much info... We'll any info online about the dark flowered variety.

Also, he talked about Fric's garden (which was passed down to Fric's best friends daughters daughter... Or some relative of his best friend) and how amazing it was... I really want to visit, it supposedly has some cacti specimens that are over 200 years old and a lot of Fric's first discoveries (like the first lophophora fricii that' he discovered) and what not...

He also personally knows the infamous Czech poacher who poached heaps of the new variety of aztekium...

Haha he's like a grandpa with great cactus tales :P

• Like 3