The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
watertrade

Happy birthday folks

Happy birthday to FancyPants, Yawning Man, Bretloth and hillbilly32

I hope you all are having a good day :)

• Like 4

Cheers! :D

So many good times in the Corroboree!! Has anyone heard of Transpersonal Art Therapy?

th_photo-2.jpg

th_IMG_1882.jpg

th_IMG_1869.jpg

• Like 3

Happy bday :) good to see u back FP :)

102y/o is always bit of a milestone … enjoy the day. It would have been winter when your parents were "gettin' jiggy".

Gotta do something with ur time when the garden slows up.

• Like 1

Hey Fancy Pants! So nice to see you! :) And congratulation to you, all of you!

Happy expulsion day guys. I hope you had an awesome day

Cheers! :D

Has anyone heard of Transpersonal Art Therapy?

Nope, whats it all about?

Something about the pleasure of watching you be destroyed in an arm wrestle I think

• Like 1

dont make me humiliate you in an public arm wrestle contest just like the pumpkin contest

• Like 1

I thought u had already challenged me for Oberon, sucker I'm bringing my A game.

Nope, whats it all about?

Transpersonal Art Therapy is kind of like using art (as a means of medium) to find healing. Transpersonal refers to bridging the gap between the Ego and The Higher Self/Soul, and beyond. To sum it up I'll use an example: I've had to visit psychiatrists/psychologists before and found the experience absolutely useless and horrifying. I dislike talking about myself at the best of times, least of all in a sterile office with a stuffy suit on the other side of the desk either TELLING ME what I was feeling; being completely misunderstood; or just ignored as a person while they write up a bunch of notes (shopping list?). Using art (which at NO point has to be "good" or objective in any way) is a great way to release emotions/thoughts/whatevers without even necessarily thinking about it. The subconscious comes through a LOT and in these early days of the course I'm beginning to see just how much comes out in even the most seemingly insignificant way. Our job as a transpersonal therapist is to gently guide (without our own ego) the client to discover their own selves and become master of their own journey. Visionary Art is a subject later on in the course and omg I can't wait til we get into the nitty gritty of that subject! :D

I actually think there'd be a lot of forum members here who would be fascinated in some of the ideas. There's a helluva lot of introspection for each of us and it can get quite emotional at the time, but I'm ready to shed my skin. 46 and 2 ahead of me. It's a bit of a vagina-fest in there so I think there needs moar noodle. The tutor looks like Engywook from The Neverending Story, and I really want to tell him he reminds me of a bong a long ago friend had.

But it's a helluva demanding course so I really don't know how much time I'll have to visit the forum as much as I'd like!

th_what.jpg

That sounds like a damn good thing, the more i think abut it, the more i think its makes heaps of sense!

Well that's a first!