The Corroboree
Psyentist

Wanted : Mandragora Officinarum plant

Hey everybody!

Just wondering if any of you lovely folk know where I can get my hands on a mandrake plant?

I've looked on the sab store and also all rare herbs but to no avail.

I would really like to give one to a friend of mine as a birthday gift.

If anyone could help me out it would be muchly appreciated!

I am willing to pay cash money or if you would prefer a trade I have few common magical garden varieties.

Help make the world a better place!

Cheers, Psyentist.

• Like 1

Very very hard to grow here in Australia mate, you can seeds from online vendors quite easily but they have a very low germination rate, Mandragora autumnalis ( Womandrake ) is probably your best bet, still difficult to grow but a lot more forgiving.

I've experienced that they are quite easy to germinate and get past the early seedling stage, if done indoors. Seed from allrareherbs seems very viable and I got at least 45% in 50/50 seed raising mix/sand

Edited by prioritise

I had one growing in my greenhouse, took 3 months to germinate. Did ice cold water treatment in fridge for few weeks before planting. Anyway to cut a long story short, one day I decided to take it outside of the greenhouse for some fresh air and sun. Few hours later a bird had pecked it out if the pot, leaves eaten and damaged root lying on ground.

I was devastated, as it took a lot of effort and devotion to get the seed to germinate. :( Bad karma ! Was going to make Mandrake beer.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys!

I realise they're hard to grow here but I think it would be possible.

And yeah, I saw seeds for sale at all rare herbs but would prefer to give a live plant rather than seeds. But it's not looking good so seeds it will have to be.

Cheers for the advice!

I can help you with a plant. Send me a pm to sort out details.

• Like 2