The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

incognito

I dislike mice

Just got back from the supermarket with various mouse destroying devices.

Went into my seed box to sow what was left of my lancexfunkoid seed, only to find mice had ripped open the baggie leaving me mouse poop and chaff. They left EVERYTHING else, all my vegie seed, cacti seed untouched. I'm devastated. All the see I've sen out is what's left of the genetics- please propagate!!

Vengeance will be mine!

That is F#*ked up incognito!

I have lost whole seed pods off my cacti this year from mice :BANGHEAD2:, I watch the pods ripen over many weeks and just as I think to myself "that should be ready to harvest tomorrow" the mice eat them!!

I have started to move plants with fruit or seed pods into a rodent proof place.

Cheers

Jox

ants have been getting to my loph fruit before me this year. it sucks balls.

I do like keeping seed in tins though just for the mice thingo

Happy to send my 25 back if you want, you deserve the seeds more then me :)

Nah keep em. It's all good I'm over it :)

bastard mice................dug up a pot of some opuntia seeds I had planted.............they were just beginning to pop up after a year of waiting................I gave them some tasty blue treats..................I prefer traps to toxic blue poop .....but this guy was wise............was!

u own a terrier yeah??

Here puss puss. you can have my cat if you want, champion mice and rat catcher.

It's times like this I need a pussy. My choice would be a ragdoll (not a mouse catcher) or a Maine coon - awesome mouse catcher.

My staffy wouldn't know how to catch a mouse nor would it ever be on his to do list. He's a lazy wussbag- but I Luvs him.

Traps and bait will sort the meeces out. And yes ill make sure my staffy can't get it.

I am not sure which one will freak some people out...lol

I need to dispatch vermin for many reasons, pre-emptive is a good move.

I got sick of conventional traps and their bullshit and baiting is a hit and miss affair, then at times a super rat

just comes along and will feast on as much bait as you can put down.

I've found Nooski traps pretty good, strangle them vermin....

http://www.nooski.com/

and

Raticator....electrocute them vermin..lol

http://raticator.com/

I am really liking the raticator....Its a real mean machine...I don't think I can scratch too many more

notches on the case...worth every cent....

So yeah I dislike rats and mice enough to electrocute and strangle them

Hmm the raticAtor looks the goods! Might buy one on payday :)

shop around if you're looking for either of those the prices range wildly

Raticator has proved better than even jedi mind tricks

Any aus retailers or did u buy from their site in America ?

I ebayed stateside for a raticator (not from site), still worked out cheaper than the locals I looked at.

Nooski from the UK, a mate found them cheaper in NZ

Just got back from the supermarket with various mouse destroying devices.

Went into my seed box to sow what was left of my lancexfunkoid seed, only to find mice had ripped open the baggie leaving me mouse poop and chaff. They left EVERYTHING else, all my vegie seed, cacti seed untouched. I'm devastated. All the see I've sen out is what's left of the genetics- please propagate!!

Vengeance will be mine!

I know your pain I had about 200 ariocarpus seedlings eaten over night a few weeks ago. Plus several decent size lophs having the centre eaten out, Fuckers.

I just use the most toxic commercially available rat poison I can find. I don't like adding toxins into the world but I really get the shits with loosing plants. And I'm too much of a pussy to deal with rat Bodies. Decaying rat smells I can live with .

awwww you're missing out WT.

when they aren't squealing and gnashing they've got supercute little faces!

Bucket mouse trap is useful if you have HUNDREDS AND THOUSANDS of them. It just catches and catches mouse until they fill the bucket up

If you have one rat, chances are there's a nest very close (100s + 1000s!).

Try using cheap peanut butter and spread it around well away from where u want them. Once they are used to feeding where you've put the PB you can gradually move it further away. I've ridded plagues like this when living in the country. You can mix cement into the butter too with some water and they'll mung it and will be immobile very shortly...

The only other option I've seen work is the option above, just melt cheese onto the can and they suicide one after the other, needs to be plague proportions though! Or if you have kids handy, put 10-15 nails thru a piece of pollypipe and smear peanut butter onto some corrugated iron. Leave it peanut butter side down, and then let the kids turn it quickly and go to town with there pipe and nail mallets... If you catch one and have an air compressor handy, I'm sure your teenager can work the rest out....

PB is the shit when it comes to bait

then let the kids turn it quickly and go to town with there pipe and nail mallets...

LOL

oi qflesh, things not to good @ yours??