The Corroboree
Evil Genius

Trichocereus.net - Database & Gallery Website is finally online

Help me out here EG.....I click on the named clone database, and the drop down menu extends beyond the bottom of my screen. So I mouse to the right hand scroll bar and the drop down menu disappears. Its like no matter what i do, I cant see or get to the bottom of any of the pull down menus that just happen to extend below the bottom of the screen

how about if you incorporate a scroll bar inside each drop down menu so a person can see whats all there....

nor does there appear to be any order to how you have the trichs listed...makes looking for a particular one a bit stressful, to the point of saying ahhh fuckit

Hi Zelly, what device do you use to navigate the Website? Mobile? The Menu is really big because of all the species included and i have been working on a better solution for the Menu since the beginning. But whenever you have so many Cacti, it starts to get complicated in regards to the Menu. The last Theme i had was better in regard to some Aspects, but it was terribly slow.

Scroll Down Menu works for me from Desktop PC but i agree that the Menu ist very long and needs to be improved. Maybe re-sorted with subcategories (A-D), (E-H)..., etc.You know, i just changed to this Theme because of a better usability and I will absolutely make sure that the site is fully navigable. Did you see that there is another Menu at the Top of the Website? Now, you should click on the dropdown menu and when you´ve reached the lower Part of the Menu, you can click on the down Arrow on the right side of the Keyboard. By doing this, i can get down to the Bottom. WIll work on it though and see what i can do.Menue is a pain in the Ass.

Will also take a look at the mobile Version. And the Cacti are all sorted Alphabetically in the Menu. The Posts down don´t really matter because that´s just how wordpress works. It´s one entry after the other. Will create a separate Landing Page for the Home Website but right now, i lack the Time because i need to put food on the Table. ;) But yeah, will get to that sometime soon. This is a long time Project and if you have websites with so many pics, there are no fast solutions. At least not that i know of. I chose this Theme because it is extremely fast and works on all Devices. I think that it´s extremely important to have fast loading time because people don´t wait more than a couple of seconds for a website to load. I will improve everything else around that. But i agree that the Menu is a very important factor and that´s why this is the third theme i have on there since i started the site.

Edited by Evil Genius

So. I spent the night on the pc and changed the site. Like, EVERYTHING. I feel like the site is slower now but i just couldn´t live with Zelly being not 100 percent happy with the Menu. :P If the Menu is still not fully working, please let me know.

Many things need to be adjusted and it will probably take a couple of weeks because i can only work on the site in my private time. Categories will be adjusted, the social sites will be added, Featured Images will be added, and so on.

If the Mobile Version isn´t good enough, i might need to create another One but for now, i´ll leave it as it is. But i am pretty sure the menu might be pretty big for a mobile device. But yeah, we will get it to work.

And last but not least, pics will be added! Galore! Enjoy!

• Like 1

i like it

• Like 1

the only way i could scroll down the menu a few days ago (and for a long while) was to keep my pointer on it and tap the down arrow key to scroll the main screen

*rushes off to check it again*

definitely different but still have to tap down arrow to scroll dwn page whilst leaving mouse pointer on the list menu

only now it wont show the bottom of the menu - no matter how much i tap down arrow

(i can only assume validus and werdermannianus to be on the list ...since terscheckii is the limit of the list size visible)

-validus was at least accessible before

-edit- wow that was fast! I can see validus again now :]

-perhaps there are too many species within the trichocereus genera x] -

infact yeah um... like that was my original complaint that i forgot to complain... there are far too many trichocereen on your site, I'm coming to help relieve you of some right away ;) so set the table for an extra one please

looks nice tho :innocent_n:

*is on a laptop*

*has 2 baby strigosus in 5cm pots... if you want the pics ..or some doing...give us a shout

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

Hi Thunder, will get that sorted out somehow. Maybe I need to get rid of a few pages and merge some together.

Btw, you can click on the Category Pages (in this Case "N-Z" and it shows you all the Posts). Maybe this helps. But will certainly get the Menu a bit smaller.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

the sites looking great EG, but damn that fbook button that follows you down the page is really annoying : p

BTW i will contact you in the next couple of months, i will have a couple of submissions for database

• Like 1

Hi Paradox! Thank you very much! Greatly Appreciated! The Site grows every day and i appreciate every Submission! Would also be happy about Text Submissions! Everyone can write Articles about Trichocereus or Lophophora if he likes. Oh well, let´s make it about all kinds of Cacti if you ask me. :)

The Facebook Button is in beta Testing and i might remove it again. The Facebook Group is of great Importance for me because i think that Modern Websites need to have a good Social Profile and since i have it on the Site, the Facebook Group had a whole lot of new registrations. But what´s most important for me is the User Experience so I´ll think about the Button. Please invite Friends into the Group or share Pics or Posts because i want to bring some Life into the Group! I want the Website to be very Alive and not just a static Website.

Btw, think about adding Links to the Clones on the SAB Store. And also think about linking to other Sellers if they have a website.

Edited by Evil Genius

i totally know what you mean & i think the overall design is really excellent, i'm really looking forward to seeing this site become a living hub : ) it was just a bit like facebook was chasing me around the screen haha but i'm probably just neurotic ; )

• Like 2

the sites looking great EG, but damn that fbook button that follows you down the page is really annoying : p

BTW i will contact you in the next couple of months, i will have a couple of submissions for database

get facebook disconnect add-on? ;)

that way at least it might be removed from just your screen at least

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 1

Hey EG,

Is this clone named incorrectly?

http://trichocereus.net/rod-trichocereus-pachanoi/

I thought it was called "Rob" not "Rod"

SAB store link to "Rob" they have no listing for a "Rod"

http://www.shaman-australis.com.au/shop/echinopsis_pachanoi_rob_san_pedro_cactus_plant_pr_263.php

I have a small one from SAB called Rob, but I don't have one from them called Rod! ;)

Hi Zed, thanks for making me aware of This. Yes, probably spelling Error. Will correct it later on today. Talking about it, there should really be a clone called Rod too! :)

• Like 1

Two different clones, Rob is a fat pachanoi similar to cordobensis or Super Pedro...

post-5030-0-53291500-1418804816_thumb.jp

Rod is a ecuadorian pachanoi named by PD a few years ago

post-5030-0-37867000-1418804938_thumb.jp

:)

post-5030-0-53291500-1418804816_thumb.jpg

post-5030-0-37867000-1418804938_thumb.jpg

post-5030-0-53291500-1418804816_thumb.jpg

post-5030-0-37867000-1418804938_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Two different clones, Rob is a fat pachanoi similar to cordobensis or Super Pedro...

attachicon.gifT.jpg

Rod is a ecuadorian pachanoi named by PD a few years ago

attachicon.gifE.jpg

:)

Well I'm gonna have to try and get a "Rod" now then, aren't I? :)

• Like 3

Rod seems interesting , seems a bit likes my SAB sourced pachanoi "2" (that was the only tag) in that its bluer than most pachanois tend to be, so it might be an interesting intermediate between a pachanoi and a peruvianus.

About Rob, there is rob, and there is lance, are they really different ?

got them both

so I did several shit for/with/to my cacti today, some of them with the father, it seems he is learning stuff and we're getting more along, gardening-wise , he doesn't work nowm and he is bored I think and he loves plants, he had a little cacti collection many years ago and I think my mother made him throw it away, heheh.... some of my ancestors were growers of citrus sp (lemon. orange, etc) around here.. I learnt that recently. I am like: well why the fuck hadn't you tell me this earlier...

P1120841.jpg

some pachanoi X hybrid, from the nook net , not grown extensively , but it used to have golden spines for some time...

also

donations to the database

true blue peruvianus , small spines

P1120818.jpg

ICARO mother plant

P1120819.jpg

• Like 2

how come the trichocereus pasacana is under the trichocereus pachanoi submenu in trichocereus galleries?

edit: a very minor thing, but some of your species aren't alphabetically categorised (trichocereus riomizquensis comes before t. puquiensis f.e. and some p's are in the q menu)

also how come there's no trichocereus peruvianus submenu?

Edited by DiscoStu

Hi DiscoStu! Thanks for making me aware of it! Having Issues with the Menu right from the Start. Have way too many Entries and sometimes, some get lost because i have to raise the Max allowed Menu entries in the Script! The Alphabetical Bugs has to do with me though! :) Since i need to re-arrange the Menu all the Time, i put them at the wrong Place sometime. I re-arrange the Menu a couple Times a Month to keep the Site navigatable. The Menu is sth. that needs to be improved.

Have edited everything. I hope it stays like that. Peruvianus somehow ended up being pushed into a Submenu and the Others were simply at the wrong Place! Should work now!

And thanks Mutant! Really appreciate every Pic i can add! Will add Pics until the Menu explodes the Server! :)

Edited by Evil Genius

speaking of pics & exploding servers... :wink:

post-3765-0-34653700-1419299431_thumb.jp

post-3765-0-34653700-1419299431_thumb.jpg

post-3765-0-34653700-1419299431_thumb.jpg

There was a small Piece of Code that is no longer Supported because of Security Reasons. That is the remainder of it. Removed it.

Awesome site EG, found one of my own crosses under named clones.. sweet, its bookmarked and im keeping that tab open. :)

• Like 3

Awesome site EG, found one of my own crosses under named clones.. sweet, its bookmarked and im keeping that tab open. :)

Hey Libertycaps - I have a cutting growing that I acquired years back labeled LC002. Or just LC02. Can you provide any info on the parentage?

http://trichocereus.net/clone-database/fields-pachanoi/

what happened to fields pachanoi? I can't see it in any of the menus either

Hey Stu, I am not sure but I had issues with the menu but I´ll look into it. Not sure if I have pics of the Fields Pachanoi but if I dont have any, I´ll try to get some. I am in the middle of adding descriptions to the pages and I´ll get to that one too. bye Eg

EG in the "freaks, cristata, monstrose" section, the pic of T. Bridgesii cristata, doesn't show the cristata part. So if you need pictures showing it better, I can help. I have a bridgesii crest on its roots and 2 grafts.

• Like 1