The Corroboree
MikeyMagic

Emotions; a gardeners perspective

They say that love is the truth, but its a little more than that; It is true we are all held by the reality of love.

Some have it, some lose it, some cant remember where they put it, and keep checking the seals of the freezer for some strange reason.

As far as this coco nut goes, I felt it.. and remembered it.

But everywhere I could perceive with my senses it wasn't there.

So in the mean-time, I began to cultivate a garden of emotions.

The first plant of emotions I was shown was jealousy.

It seemed such a nasty plant to me I decided to stay away from it where ever I saw it in other peoples gardens.

Other people seemed to like it would offer it to me and insist that I must already have some.

I didn't like it. I didn't want it anywhere near my garden.

A new plant grew from this; anger.

It grew on the boundaries of my emotional reality at first, and did such a good job at keeping the jealousy plant out that I let it grow there.

Gradually it became a weed threatening to fill my entire emotional garden.

But before it did, someone showed me how I could play with words to turn them into laughing plants!

Now that was something!

I played with words and made as many different laughing plants as I could.

People seemed to like this. Most of the time.

Then sometimes I would give them one of anger-come-laughing plants and they would change it into a guilt plant.

A strange plant that one.

I wasn't sure what to do with it so I took it and planted it down the back of my mind in a wet place.

It grows a bit like a palm; Its hardy taking advantage of the smallest amount of water or nutrients to continuously grow.

Every year it shed masses of berries which readily grow into more guilt plants.

I have to keep cleaning up after it, and it's plant that I would prefer to remove someday but I keep it there as an orna-mental specimen.

Girls would sometimes offer me anxiety plants, I think they thought they were red roses, but they were clearly anxiety, lonelyness, and fear plants. I was having enough trouble keeping the anger plants in check and cleaning up after the guilt plant that I had to decline the offers, but the only plant I had to do this with was my anger plants.

The plants crossed and turned into shame plants.

I felt drained by there mere presence and would just cover them over with mulch.

But they always come back.

After a long time of searching and only being able to add resentment, sadness and desire to my collection, I found a dreamweaver who offered me love!

Confused after waiting so long and so certain it was an illusion I checked the botanical description...

It looked right.. :unsure:

Have to grow it and see!

It certainly was worth the trouble as it has shown itself time and time again to be the most reliable cropper, surviving on the smallest amount of composted laughing plants.

And also it allowed me to breed new varieties of laughing plants that resist the root rot that the anger-laughing plant succumbs to changing them into a guilt plants.

When I started to give out my purest laughing plants, people would often give me strange plants in return.

Many people are looking for a third eye plant!

That's just silly!

You already have one. You just need to grow it!

If you try to transplant a fully grown one you tend to lose most, if not all the leaves until the root zone is established.

But that's another story..

:)

Take from this what you will...

• Like 13

That was nice :) don't forget, it's easier pulling weeds with a friend!

Little deeds are like little seeds, they grow to flowers or to weeds!
But in all honesty, most gardens have weeds don't they?
They might turn into a flower with an eye of understanding. :huh:

Edited by Fluss
  • Like 3

Good one mikey, did put a smile on face, " happy plant"

• Like 1

Excellent images MM, the like button seemed inadequate. I would love to see this as an illustrated book! I'm thinking some kind of Ralph Steadman/ Where The Wild Things Are hybrid.

• Like 2

I agree. This would make an incredible book. It could even be adapted to a kids book to let them in on the secret of mindgardening when their minds are fresh and fertile. A few appropriately placed wisdom seeds planted now could really help keep the little one's gardens free of noxious mindcrusher weeds. Perhaps help parents remember what they can do too.

Really clever MikeyMaverick. I read this to my mum today. Praise all round.

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 1

Very nice and cleverly constructed . Laughing plants. Sweet

• Like 1

I like these analogy's!

Why do analogy's seem so acceptable when the blatant truth is so ugly?

I have a book like this called " 12 Lessons on Life, I Learned From My Garden" By Vivian Elisabeth Glych

eg.

"The finest qualities of our nature, like the bloom of fruits, can be preserved only by the most delicate handling.

or

" Our bodies are our gardens, to which our wills are gardeners" by William Shakesphere.

and

Preparation is everything - If you don't start with a good foundation, your growth will flounder.

I will surely buy your book Mikey.

• Like 1

WW - A quick not so looked trough answer would be:
That it's just a way to share other ways boring and often heard information and give it some sort of chance to be enjoyed and sculptured by the individual (?) maaaybe
If the blatant truth is written straight up it wouldn't be worth looking at almost, right? Maybe it would be but then it's more something to solve than to be appreciated by others (like a forum revolves around really)

• Like 1

I like these analogy's!

Why do analogy's seem so acceptable when the blatant truth is so ugly?

Fear of the unknown.

In an emotional sense, people have much more blind knowledge about emotions than most tend to accept as true.

So people walking around blind of their own emotional world cause ripples when they encounter another walking around blind in their emotional world.

Both perceiving different realities in their world, and in the other persons world.

Words seldom clothe feelings in the detail required to convey them sufficiently, so people tend to frequently fall back to their Emotional Head Quarters; Fear

From there adrenalin takes over to prepare for a fight or flight response.

The human fortress goes into emotional lock down against imagined threats.

Nothing gets through until the fear is gone.

Plant-phobias tend to be rare (unless you've watched some poorly nourished souls order Asian take away "without all that vegetable crap! Its only carbs! That's why I'm so fat Im trying a high protein diet...?!" that makes plants a "safe" tool/toy to temp the children out of their fortress of fear to make meaningful exchanges of words and feelings.

Adults like to thing they are big people in charge of emotions.

The reality is we are all frightened little children cowering in the darkness of the emotional world.

I hope I can shed some light for everyone with my stories, I

• Like 1

Air,

one of the four elements

can sometimes - goddamnit - take it fucking all

but I still agree with goerge carlin about disaster

even if its my own, that's my curse

have to be as objective as it get, if not what the point

cheers sabers

emotions from a gardening disaster in order of appearance:

fear [for a tiny while], crisis mode expecting the absolute worse (and that's wut it was when I got there) , more or less dispair, and crisis-mode "save this" or "save that" , wow I'am a pretty proud thing... serves well too... fire signs, got to love them man!

PS: avoiding real emotions that might express themselfes like tears or what, become "now what the fuck do i do" , at the moment shit happens, no time for crying and all. and when I ripped 3 or 4 parts of a caespitosa lopho it was not gentle. it was a cry for help:

SHIT WE GOT FUCKED: propagate more than usual is advised

PS2: so sorry about the off topic, but its really on how I had no real feelings other than confusion and some despair expressed in random cursings like "Zeus got fucked" and stuff like that... over a personal, business and gardening disaster

Edited by mutant
  • Like 1

Right on topic in my world!

I was hoping people might share their own emotional garden experiences so everyone can better perceive the Kingdom of emotions that surrounds us all and connects us.

By talking about our emotional gardens we can all navigate this invisible world allowing for better transference and acceptance of difficult facts.

And hopefully answer this incessant question of "Whats wrong with people?" "Why? Why? WHY???"

Ive been playing with the contrast on the Emotional Reality perception filter of my world for a while now, and I think I have it tuned in correctly. :huh:

Ive learned to read the subtext of peoples emotions.

The more we talk to them the more we can tune in to their reality and map their garden, we may navigate it to share ideas.

Remember they're only emotions, the waves on the ocean.

They drop, peak, and twist in time,

reflecting your, emotional brine!

I find it curious the word 'your' contains 'you' and 'our'.

Seems like a bother separate and together word.

:)

• Like 1

{[Post-script: fuck it I don't know why I always have the urge to delete my heart-speaking posts, I gota break this habit, no need to hide]}

I'll play the format. I like it.

Some of you might know that over time, you can almost kill your emotional garden by not watering (accepting) it.

I was like this. All joy plants were long dead, feelings simply dehydrated into nothingness. Even the pain plants went into dormancy.

A protective chrysalis was formed in hope of kinder days, holding my most precious emotional seeds. Germination under the wrong conditions would surely lead to death.

Around the chrysalis i built a large circular stone wall, I locked the gate and then planted poisonous weeds around the edges. Cold plants, silent plants, bitter plants.

When i was finally ready to return to the emotional garden I had so neglected, I saw i had to trudge for many miles through the brambles of turmoil to get to the heart of the matter. Among the sparse clearings in the brambles grew an infestation of fear plants, insecurity plants, denial plants, new varieties of pain plants...they grew like wild fire, i wasn't sure how to proceed.. then I recognised that fire was the healer, and I burnt the wasteland which had become of my emotional landscape. It was a hot blaze which raged for over a year. Many plants were born and then perished in that same inferno.

One day the sun rose high in the sky and there was nothing but ash and the stone wall which I built all those years ago. The workmanship was good and the boundary remained unbreached. I don't know how it got there, but I found the key in my pocket when I needed it.

I unlocked the gate and crisp, dry chrysalis storing my seeds was caught on the wind and drifted across the now fertile landscape, scattering seed. The vegetation which took root seemed new, but it was only forgotten. Some were delicate plants with slender stems and a light, fruity aroma, these I was able to identity as vulnerability plants. I watered them, because I was occasionally graced by the presence of other gardeners who were open to showing me their own vulnerability plants. When the two different energenetics merged in heartful communication, entirely new plants were seeded. Grounded plants, which grew enormous taproots, burrowing deep into the earth. Friendship plants who have long branches which twist together. Peace lilies which hum a sweet and ever-changing song. Trust plants which grow enormous shiny leaves and a robust central core.

Birds flew over, dropping seeds of inspiration, creativity, harmony.

One day I realised there was a seed stored in my heart. It had been there all along. I forgot I even had it. I took it out, I found the right spot, and I planted it. Then I watered it, and I waited. When it sprouted I knew this was a plant like no other. It was a blissful, dancing tree. Sometimes it would only dance a little bit.. Sometimes it would dance a lot. I learnt to dance with it, and as i did, it set seed in my garden, as well as in my home. The largest specimen now grows out of the centre of my Persian carpet. I knock three times with my feet on its buttresses and it lifts it's branches, filling not only my emotional garden, but also my body and my mind with bliss, heat, light, transformation. The dancing tree is a fire plant, the best plant I have known, it sets my heart ablaze.

All sorts of strange and often beautiful plants grow in my garden now. Many flower, seed and die with little intervention, simply recognition and curiosity. Mostly they are friendly and healing plants, but I am now encountering others, such as the disgust plant, as I navigate the labyrinth of my own reality. The disgust plant usually grows around certain varieties of humans. And it's growth is fed by the way those humans smell, feel to be around, hold their faces, move their bodies and the noises they make. The disgust plant whispers "don't you wish you were born a plant instead"... I'm restricting it's watering though and limiting my attention to these kinds of humans. I have enough to tend.

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 8

Wow Ceres.

Awesome story Ceres, thanks!

<<<*big* :)

nice one Ceres. maybe I have to try one when I am not completely fucked up

• Like 1

one time I got in my car and just drove to get lost and I found this thrift store and I ended up getting this book cause I saw the word "Peru"

it was called celestine prophecy.... anyhow I didn't even read it i just downloaded the movie off of somwheres and I remembered this part,

one of the 'insights' which was about these kids in a garden communicating with plant auras... anyhow all this talk inspired that memory which is nice

timing for me... living in a little forest was awesome but that time in my life is shadowed by intense chaos so I prefer alot of sunlight I suppose...

so anyhow I like all sorts of plants... im fond of weird plants, but I like regular plants too, rare plants and common plants, herbaceous plants and cacti...

I really like laughing plants, lots and lots of laughing plants.... but I like angry plants just enough too.... I had a garden full of asshole plants... I got rid of them and now just one lonely plant it seems in a world littered by gmo weeds, but im not mad at them... I think its just the end of winter, time to till up the weeds, replenish some soils, plant some winners and piss on a tree.

the one thing about plants... if you really want to fuck up a plant, then baby it... you want to piss off a weed? try to help a weed that doesn't want help!!! no one helps weeds and weeds are fucking weeds... they live on eh... now what happens when a plant doesn't get a few storms to overcome? Ya end up with a leggy ass plant.... why? Cause there is no difference between conditional love and hate... maybe in your head... but the way it feels is the same... and its the same for plants I would suppose... One need only see a plants blooms and fruits to understand her intentions... theres only givers and takers, thats why some plants are miserable, while others thrive, even under desert conditions!....

so how did they get to be called weeds? cause they are way too fucking successful! And when ur a successful

sumbich, you gots to have a few haters, ya dig!

so fuck it right.... love your temple, know thyself, Let thy food by thy medicine,

drink pure water every day, get all the essential vitamins and nutrients

get inspired by boredumb, hell be inspired PERIOD... or at least be inspiring...

When ppl act like weeds, forgive them.. its really just your reflection

• Like 1

A friend called me to talk - just when I needed it most. I was surrounded by palms, with golden lights hanging off them. I will always remember the golden palms - to me, they are love.

• Like 2

[not so emotional text but mutant is a great guy, he do the spiritual poetic thing and he doesnt afraid of anything]

Palms or walnut, they say, dont like anything planted in between their roots

maybe they wanna show or something... or maybe its a eccentricity...

Palms have been dying for some years now in greece.

Palms are exclusive plants, as walnuts.

Walbnuts taste nice, but fuck exclusivity.

I never liked exclusivity.

some very old palms died, because greece imported so many palms in the olympics and a palm-eater roach came along.

now all palms along the country die one after the other...

even this exclusivity fell victim to the big capital... landmark 100+ y.o palms dies of this roach.

even I am sad, that I dont like palms...

this roach was capitalism

awesomely, exclusivity hit most of the same species palms... where this was over planted ... it was chaos... for a single species!

but it was heaven for weeds and liberty plants... each square meter around each dead rootstock now became freed

the palm logs wouldn't even burn.so much the poison of the exclusivity...

fast, wise, sensible

• Like 1

[not so emotional text but mutant is a great guy, he do the spiritual poetic thing and he doesnt afraid of anything]

:lol:

• Like 1

i was gonna post sweet emotion too since i just came out of the hair-metal closet.... but in this case tesla > aerosmith

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1