The Corroboree

speaking of tragic

sucks when you realise the development of whatever abilities has "hit the wall" and might be tapering off to an eventual stop or reversal

Huh? Why do you think that?

Its called old age, but the name is misleading because old age begins restricting the development of skills and talents at a young age!

there are benefits too.. I'm just saying.... Its entirely natural that there are physical limits.

Maybe age related, but when I was young I had to know what mood my parents were in before they walked in the door, so I knew whether to hide or be available, this made me an empath, body language reader and lie detector.

The time spent hiding gave me lots of thinking time, where answers to problems would come, from somewhere beyond me.

I eventually told that voice to shut up and it did, the truth was not always easy to swallow.

Certain superhuman events made me feel different, weird and unacceptable because I knew nobody else who could do it, I guess that is why I like this forum. (Sorry for the edit guys, I got paranoid)

Even today when I am giving a massage, I know where to concentrate because I can feel how good it feels for them.

When they make too much noise I loose the connection though."

I must always desire to know " What are they feeling" before it works. eg.

When my friend was in a coma and I visited with some friends, I asked myself "I wonder what he is feeling" and bang I was in excruciating pain and darkness, I pulled myself back out and he came with me, waking up at that precise moment and reaching for me ( not his girlfriend who was standing next to him).

Feeling someone elses energy or looking into someones soul can be extremely painful and frightening.

I have tried to learn the trick of recognizing my energy/home frequency so I do not get caught up in the energy exchange detrimentally, grounding exercises help.

I have read many books relating to phenomenon, to convince myself I was not crazy.

Big Thanks to people like Ceres who do these sorts of studies and name things in English.

Turns out I am not crazy. :lol: Just human and there are words that relate to these phenomenon.

"Whatever you believe is what is."

Maybe by the time we are "older" we have taken on so many of others limiting beliefs, that we do not know what we are truly capable of, or no longer truly believe in our human capabilities.

So I beg you, parents of this world, do not scoff at your children when you think they are being unreal, just let them believe and work it out for themselves. All they need from you is your open arms and unchained hearts.

Humans are Super! if not stifled by dogma.

Edited by woodwoman
  • Like 5

Woodwoman,

I usually run a mile from this kind of thing for a variety of reasons but you so pique my interest.

You sound like a very interesting woman with some obvious special talents.

Getafix

does anyone think that the majority of human interaction is a mere pantomime?

• Like 1

quite some moons ago i saw my mask, like a mexican wrestler who dons a rubber mask to perform a particular role, and saw everyone else's too.

you know you wear a mask, i wear one, we all wear one.

• Like 1

exactly what i was like from earliest memories to about 8. those characteristics have been fading away from my personality ever since. the amount remaining is roughly not very much, i can't be more precise because i can't remember how it went, and i've never experienced it being completely devoid (yet).

now i get to call tragedy a second time! i've received plenty of appreciation and praise for my odd but sometimes powerful mind, but what i completely missed out on was any kind of instruction on how to use it. thinking about that notion i think in one way or another most children miss out on the chance to be who they are, and become morphed by necessity into something that fits one of the more common moulds.

:(

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 3

the sadist thing.......there's just so much wasted potential...................no one really gets a chance, they are skewed up from such an early age.....................our social interrelational environment...........in other words our culture.......is messed up!

......................................"neuroscientists finds that the brains of autistic children generate more information at rest – a 42% increase on average. The study offers a scientific explanation for the most typical characteristic of autism – withdrawal into one's own inner world." .................................

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-01-autistic-brains-rest.html

Edited by Dreamwalker
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's sad how we warp kids. Sometimes it seems like our whole education system is driven by our massive jealousy of how smart & interesting our kids are, compared to us. Need to smash them into their society-moulds, never mind collateral damage like psychological trauma.

But not all of those "mild superpowers" are solely innate - some involve skills which have to be learned and cultivated. So supertasters for instance are born with more tastebuds or whatever, but they also have to learn how to interpret all those extra signals that they receive - so a trained adult might be able to distinguish tastes better than a child-supertaster. Maybe there's hope for us yet.

• Like 2

yeah, old dogs can learn new tricks.... and i'm not taking an overall shot at the education system. i learned a lot at school, just not as much as i could have (evidenced by the video). i was bored even before finishing the work early, becoming totally disinterested in most subjects by high school.

the video makes it seem like visual thinking is a bit marginal but well understood nonetheless and easy to teach with the right teacher, like maybe i just missed an opportunity that existed in the eighties but wasn't widely used. not so. after a quick search it seems that the presenter is a world-first. scientists can study how he thinks because he is the first savant who can actually describe his thought processes to researchers.

i'm very optimistic about the future of education. educators have much better tools to choose from nowadays.

now, i'm not and never was a savant. i can glimpse and produce higher levels of thought in flashes but i can't sustain it so i can't grapple it, i can't wrap it all together and solidify the result and walk away with it. it's a tantalising pastime but it doesn't produce the kind of fruit that i believe is possible because of a cognitive limitation which i can't seem to overcome. basically i'm not claiming to possess the very exceptional and rare talents as daniel tammet (the presenter in the video). BUT!! until about 8 years of age i was very familiar with my visual thought process, using it for maths (my system wasn't nearly as abstract as daniel's depiction of integers, more like his representation of 64 x 75 in that if i could show it to myself or anyone today, we could understand it) and having my own images for words (these were abstract). i could have described them and i actually did, when i was 5 i remember a couple of kids showing interest and seeming to know where i was coming from when i told them what each of our names looked like. i didn't like how my name looked.

for the record, one of the names was a kind of thick horizontal bar, mine was a curly line in a ninety degree arc, and one of them looked like five discs bulged on one face and pressed together (like some of the insulators you see on power-poles), as viewed from the side so you can see half of the circumference of each lens. maybe i remember those because i actually put them into words once upon a time!

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 2

that's me in a nutshell actually.

a curly line in a ninety degree arc :o

How fascinating!

So much to say, so much so.

The mind is infinite, its potential is limitless.

:)

Due to a tragic accident involving me accidentally cutting the end tip of my thumb off, I can also detect incoming phone calls seconds before they occur on my mobile if I'm holding it!

I tend to drop my phone a lot from shock!

:lol:

Ditto on this. I don't need to be holding it but it happens when the phone is near me.

People around me often say what I'm thinking too.. It happens mostly with people I spend time with. We'll be hanging out & I'll be thinking something and he/she'll just say it. For example I'll be thinking man I could go a big mac, I might entertain that thought for 10-15 seconds then out of nowhere they'll just perk up 'hey maccas run?' It happens too often to be a coincidence imo.