The Corroboree
Dreamwalker.

bitcoin 2.0 blockchain, decentralisation, the end of middlemen?

as an evolving protocol the ecosystem of bitcoin is emerging not just for transaction but for stock, property, ownership, communication...................anywhere there's a middleman/parasite there is new territory for the blockchain to assimilate..................perhaps government could also be replaced (to much to hope for)...................................

.youtube.com/watch?v=VPmkeio3jJQ&list=SPPszygYHA9K2ZtV_1KphSugBB7iZqbFyz&feature=player_detailpage

Edited by Dreamwalker

i dont think il ever understand this whole bit coin thing

• Like 1

Its money. Just a meaningless currency much like the AU

• Like 1

doesn't it cost an ungodly sum of money for a single bitcoin? Also you would think it would be easy to make counterfeit bitcoins and be an online billionaire lol (I honestly have no idea what bitcoins are or how to use them so go figure)

doesn't it cost an ungodly sum of money for a single bitcoin? Also you would think it would be easy to make counterfeit bitcoins and be an online billionaire lol (I honestly have no idea what bitcoins are or how to use them so go figure)

No and no.

1 BTC is currently around $1,100 AUD but you do not need to buy a whole bitcoin. You could buy 0.01, 0.001, 0.0001, etc. It's divisible to 8 decimal places.

You cannot counterfeit them as they are all part of a single, decentralized, chain which has been verified by all of the 'miners'. To put it simply: Cryptography and mathematics.

I do like the trend toward decentralized technology, it helps keep the content and services of the internet free from people who may wish to control it. Absolutely no clue how/if it would work in real life though.

• Like 3

1 BTC is currently around $1,100 AUD but you do not need to buy a whole bitcoin. You could buy 0.01, 0.001, 0.0001, etc. It's divisible to 8 decimal places.

now that makes more sense, but where would one spend these BTC's? My only knowledge of them comes from the news about there use with the old silkroad site and that's the only place i know of that used them? sorry if this is a dumb question :innocent_n:

now that makes more sense, but where would one spend these BTC's? My only knowledge of them comes from the news about there use with the old silkroad site and that's the only place i know of that used them? sorry if this is a dumb question :innocent_n:

western media is shear propaganda...................do yourself and the world a service and stop watching it :) ..............our news is just BS....................Those that own you and the world do not wish to see decentralisation.................particularly in money.....................the silk rd was used as an effort to discredit bitcoin..............it failed...................there are all kinds of services all over the world that accept bitcoin..............Crete has embraced it after ordinary people had their bank deposits stolen by the banksters...you can pay your uni fees with it there....some cafes in NY accept it...............a huge and growing list of services (do a search).........Argentina and other counties populaces use it to hedge against inflation of the paper feit currencies.............

• Like 2

I know what you mean....................but its like that with any new concepts or tec..........you just got to grab hold and dig in..............and bit by bit it sinks in................People couldn't understand the concept of the internet at first........some even suggested its just a fade.............

Anywhere that accepts it :) Everywhere from overstock.com to people making and selling alpaca socks. Just keep an eye out for "Bitcoin Accepted Here" or search for "<thing you want to buy> bitcoin".

• Like 2