The Corroboree
mutant

Disturbing films: name some and why you list them

Your a human centipede.

• Like 1

haha , yeah the first centipede is genuinely terrible, but in a good way: its mean-spirited and strange.. it could be better with more realistic splatter shit, most of the "effects" are silly.

The Matrix Trilogy is for me high on the list of disturbing films because it fronts a narrative of the humble good (real) humans in their quest to defend themselves from the seemingly inhuman Other.

Though it is not at all uncommon nor unnatural in the human psyche to perceive the other unfamiliar culture as wicked, childish and inhuman (most people's word for themselves is "real people" or just "the people") - we ought to be aware enough in our time to comprehend the beautiful variability of human cultures without feeling threatened by our difference. The Matrix, in my opinion expresses this bigotry in its presentation of the Bad Mr. Smith in multitudes (all those Other people with their wicked ways out to get us, etc; similar to the droll zombie fascination of late) - whereas the Good people are depicted as humble humans, a plurality of people from all backgrounds; virile, sweaty (the slo-mo Rave scene is particularly relevant to the humanization of themselves), doing the hard work of coming together to defend themselves against the inhuman droves of the Other, who of course all look the same. White Male = Bad. The colorful humble multitudes = Good. Such flipping of racism suggests that in this narrative one can only be good if she is wearing an identity that is perceived as less than, which then inspires the story of the struggle to overcome.

The narrative puts forth an ethic much like the rapist's who requires obedience, peace, love, positivity and humility.

So one may turn to graphic depictions of rape, slavery, disenfranchisement, demonizing, mutilation, decapitation, etc, as examples of disturbia, but I opt in my choice for primary cultural premises that form the foundation for such behavior, while simultaneously giving the assurance and identity of fighting the good fight against the evil other.

Edited by gwalchgwyn

Bad Boy bubby

As it scares me when i go camping with the ban man

• Like 2

Bad boy bubby has been already mentioned & discussed.. I learnt about it from this thread, and it has come up to be one of my favourite films of all time.

An excellent black comedy.

gwalchgwyn>>

I cant say I really understand what you are sayin, well I understand what you are saying, but I cant see the parallel with Matrix. I know I only consider part 1 a good film, excepting the ridicoulous IMO ending.. part 2 was alright, but not really complete (to be continued) and part 3 was shit.

There are tons of sexist films, mean spirited films (some are mentioned here, much more of those which are awful technically are not mentioned) , there are tons of american propaganda films (expecially action/war) to blame for influencing cultures and behaviours is a less direct way. I cant understand why someone would mention Matrix, or maybe I havent seen the damn thing 10 times to remember by memory.

Another thing I find strange is the fact you mention you would deliberately go after those films, to be politically/culturally annoyed by the deeper symbolism of the film?

I think the most annoying film I saw recently was Gummo. I could say it was dirty and (trying to be) mean, but it just annoyed me because it was stupid and not interesting.. Not because it had some insulting ethics.

The good and evil is a standard theme in films.. played usually in a simplistic manner... Few films break the black+white mentality and offer us heros which are not only good , not only bad.

Another thing I find strange is the fact you mention you would deliberately go after those films, to be politically/culturally annoyed by the deeper symbolism of the film?

I did say something like that, didn't I - and not just because the symbolism of disturbia is as real and causal as the disturbia itself, even helping to chant the story that causes the selfsame gruesomeness, but also because it simultaneously recites a story that blinds the mindset of the purp that somehow they are not that wicked gruesome element. In a very serious way, a gruesome movie about say, zombies, informs its audience that there are real demons in their world - - and they look human! So in addition to my habit of looking at primary cultural elements that cause such terrible behavior, I am critical of an intonation that actively exempts its audience from perceiving themselves in that way.

Edited by gwalchgwyn

I dont think I am sure you mean what I understand you mean.. But zombies are simply mythology nowadays, an archetypical horror forma.. even kids know what a zombie is.. the important thing is to be able to tell this is make-believe, a film, not reality..

Wow yesterday I was searching for horror and extreme horror output of 2016 and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that a Wolf creek  (TV series - 2016)  has been produced , and it features the same bad guy from the two previous films played by the same actor. 

Wolf creek the movies, 1 and 2, have already been mentioned here and are pretty good examples of their genre, #2 being perhaps better in that it seems to emphasize in dark irony. Them being from oz only add to their charm. 

I wouldn't ever hope I would see a extreme horror series based on two films of the "torture horror" genre, but there it is, ozzies did it! All I have to do is to find some subtitles now. I am quite sure I would miss a lot of the jokes with that strange accept of yours, lol. The series seems to employ a similar style with good cinematography. 

Edited by sagiXsagi

'Begotten' - lol omg. This movie I don't know how to describe. We were searching for horror movies and found this load of..... lol I dunno. We ended up watching it is fast forward cause it's just messed up and weird. 

Give it a go if you have absolutely nothing else to do in life.

^^^^^

I have heard of this film and its director some years now, haven't got to watch it yet. Hey zedo, you seem to be wondering what "begotten" is. Well, this phrase from a imdb review seems to nail it pretty well, I guess: 

(of course this quote could apply to more films mentioned in this thread) 

If you watch movies to be entertained, this will frustrate, confound, and possibly anger you. You don't approach 'Begotten' like a chocolate cake you want to eat because it tastes good. You approach it like something on the menu you have never heard of before, something you see furtive glances of through the kitchen door, something that's dark and glistens and twitches on its platter; something you order not because it will taste good, but because you just have to know what it's like.

and obviously, you fastforwarding it means you didn't REALLY have to know what it's like - so you dont know what it is because it prevented you from actually seeing it :) 

On more news, the Wolf creek series is not as gory, mean and torture-oriented as the films, its more like a revenge road movie , thriller/horror sure, but propably the tamest of the 3 entries so far in the saga. So it wouldnt make it to such a list on its own even if it were a film.

But its got wonderful cinematography, it's a pretty ozzie thing, ozzie wild landscapes, ozzie stereotypes and all in all its decent entry. It requires some good doses of disbelief suspension, but what horror film doesnt? 

On another note, I saw Clown (2014) , which is was pretty fresh, with a story like those I usually see as strange black comedies, at least half of it. Clown doesnt stay awesome till the end but its body horror concept makes it an original take on the horrific clown horror. 

Lol fair enough. We watched the first scene but yeah it's something else. I can understand if you get in the zone maybe it'll do something but it was just not a movie we were aiming for lol

• Like 1

Gone Girl.... that movie seriously freaked me out. The idea of being trapped in a relationship with a psychopath like that.... was walking around a little freaked out for weeks afterwards, lol

• Like 1

Becasue my interest in extreme cinema , extreme horror, revenge and disturbing films never ceases to exist, I thought I should share this essay I found, which is an ESSAY AGAINST MODERN TRENDS OF EXTREME CINEMA & HORROR, it seems. 

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=54678

Of course it focuses on the much hated (by haters) Saw and Hostel franchise, but goes on to attack revenge movies overall. I liked the fact that the author is clearly seeing the parallels between Seven and Saw, yet he seems to underappreciate Seven as well, as he seems to think only the 70s horror/thrillers were cool, because of the sociopolitical comments on films like Romeros zombie old classics, an element he doesn't observe in later output. 

I thought it was pretty interesting and indicative of the political-correctness and general misunderstanding of the genre, from the the nay-sayers side. What I didn't suspect is that there could be a left-wing political correctness approach into this 

Honestly, even though its interesting in that it tries hard to make an academic toned statement, I found most of the arguements and even interpretation of the mentioned films a bunch of nonsense. 

Boy, what a fucked up world! 

Jesus Camp gave me nightmares. Real talk. 

• Like 1

A serbian film ( fucked up but very well done. worth watching!!!)

August Underground's Mordum ( super fucked up doco style horror, only watch if ur a sick fucker at heart. )

Enjoy :-)

wolf creek was terrible. terrible writing, boring plot shitty "effects" even worse acting,

if anyone wanted to make a series which would make you hate everyone associated with the production they would make wolf creek

August Underground  and the likes dont fit in my list  of films or any list  - well I still haven't made a worst-avoid list yet , maybe I should...   August series - there are actually 3 films of this disgusting pretended snuff  shit !!!!    you wanted this , so there you go, a drunk review of the trilogy:

Please dont watch worthless and low quality torture "found-footage" shit, like this!!! These dudes are real sick, I dont accept their shit as films..

non-film  only-in-it-for-the-gore cannot work... the worst kind of shit there is 

terrible amateur and boring material material,and terrible people it seems behind the films ... 

this is the worst kind of shit - the worst kind of lazy exploitation

are there still people who watch films for the gore alone?? and hey, did some of these low budget gore films make some memorable scene??   oops .. no ... because cinema is not shock only  

FUCK those films and FUCK those people who made them 

I think those dicks do special effects for other shitty US "shockers" nowdays... 

I couldn't even make it through them !! I fast forwarded, I saw parts , because it was waaaaay too boring for me... I wanted to watch the whole thing to be able to hate it for its entirety, but I just didnt . Couldn't force myself in that. 

And to think  I am a super-fan and avid watcher of low bugdet and super cruel shockers and horror, extreme cinema you name it ...  I dont ever stop watching a film, very seldom, especially so called "cult" splatter shockers like this , but this is no cult shocker,  this is pretentious nonsense, its material that nazis would like and normal people should decide to burn

no , while I was watching it, I was  thinking that the makers, and people who like it and defend it are sociopaths or worse. REALLY.  

These "films" should have their idiot director sued or something...

for making them public 

but maybe he needed to make them so as not kill people himself  

Awful shit, shit that insults the genre and subgenre for which I dont really care - found fottage that is - , this crap simply doesnt belong to the genre because its not a film. 

so this is how I feel towards the August trilogy.. its crap and awful boring shit. 

heck I was watching Schnaas when these idiots didnt have a clue.. 

and he was better back in 1987 with his ultra-splatter crap. 

I dont like schnass - its just if someone is WAY worse than schnaass, then it starts become unwatchable for me . even is most schnass is unwatchable and not intersting and exiting to me .. 

but something WORSE than this posing, as the worst ? 

yeah its the worst... they got that ... so bad it doesnt qualify as a film 

====

discostu>  wolf creek 2 is much wittier and black comedy 

I like the two films better than then series. but they're pretty well made

if you wanna add pretty well made for the genre, I dont mind 

but they both have great cinematography and I love the main character so

kind of reminds you ozzies :P 

Don't hold back now, Sagi, tell us how you really feel. Lol. Sounds terrible.  

"Enter the Void"

Must-see for anyone interested in psychedelics, spirituality and the nature of existence.

• Like 1

Don't hold back now, Sagi, tell us how you really feel. Lol. Sounds terrible.  

lol. sorry for this :) 

"Jesus camp"  sure looks awesome, it was suggested earlier in this thread we should make a separate thread for docus. 

Gone Girl>> pretty interesting film and a nice come-back from Fincher, but was not really disturbing for me

A very good australian horror from ozzie female director Jennifer Kent, that also stars is Babadook (2014). A great film. Recommended. Not of the extreme kind, but its pretty unsettling. 

Enter the void>> Gaspar Noe is a master-director - I cannot remember if I have watched this or not

ichi the killer anime because ewww

stephen kings cats eye at age 6 or 7... those horrible bastards and what they did to that ace kitty that saved that little drew barrymore from the nasty evil faced monster shit that hit the fan... creeped me out forever that , who the fk let me watch that as a kid?

saw movies were horrible because sick shit like human centipede..

final destinations were awesome creepy/disturbing flavour though ... because damn! life's very similar in what it half-assed-tries to take you down with that mightve fkn worked if it really had tried a bit harder... or if i was a bit stupider than I currently am lol 

dirty dancing was very disturbing , or at least the effects on my gf at the time we were both 13 were after watching , same goes for danielle steele books *shakes fist at steele*

hmm might be back to add more

im sure ive seen more nastys that i wish I hadnt.... not just fkn movies either ;)

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

Tangerine.

I found disturbing, as It made me excited at the notion of becoming ice head tranny.

Natural Born Killers.

I also found disturbing, as it made me excited at the notion of becoming a serial killer.

Blue Velvet.

Too, as I've never been attracted to men before. But Dennis Hopper got he hard in that one, the twisted fuck!

Acid House.

When oldies (granparent age) were pegging, and she pulled out to answer the phone to her son.

• Like 2

Saw Jesus camp (a docu), nice addition to my atheist documentaries. 

thanks for keeping the thread alive!  is there an anime ichi the killer?  will check out what you mentioned, thanks

• Like 1

http://putlocker.ac/watch-i-daniel-blake-online-free-2016-putlocker-4v.html

this ones pretty disturbing so far , only 15 mins into it but been hunting it for aaaages,

gotta say tho , its no where near as easy a time as this guys having it ,,.,must've been heavily toned down for audience compared to reality ... -edit- scratch that , wont spoil tho

finally found it today ...

if anyone else mightve been tryna track down a free version

just have to keep x'ing the pop up pages tho till it wrks

oh yeah, this is one of the reasons why i posted this vid 

http://www.thecanary.co/2017/03/10/the-dwp-kill-yourself-scandal-is-out-in-the-open-as-assessors-admit-extreme-questioning/

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ