The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
newageshaman

Campbell Newman gets behind medicinal pot.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/campbell-newman-gets-behind-medicinal-pot/story-fnihsrf2-1226801037682

I saw this in the paper today and thought it was a interesting article. Seems we are finally getting some progress towards possible medicinal cannabis use in oz :) soon we may even decriminalize its use, and save many Australians from unfair drugs charges

• Like 2

Decriminalisation is bullshit, and certainly not what we need as Australians, nor as human beings. The ludicrous nature of prohibition of cannabis has made nature even more illegal, and really how can any man do that. We ARE nature. This comment is certainly not intended to be an attack on the poster by the way. :wink:

Someone recently described to me the ridiculous nature of decriminalisation in South Australia, in that if you want to grow marijuana in SA and stay within the law as much as possible, you pretty much have to import feminised seed (because of the one plant rule & no one in Australia supplies feminised seed). In effect, existing drug laws encourage breaking customs law. We need complete legalisation at least, but a full repeal of prohibition and the legalisation and regulation of all drugs would be sensible imo. :rolleyes:

It is cool that there is some movement politically but it is sooo far behind common sense and best practice internationally Australia's position on cannabis won't be tenable for much longer, especially considering we said to the Yanks "How high master?" when they told us to jump and sign the Single Convention on Narcotics in 1961. They have a WAAAYY more lenient perspective on cannabis, even though their federal government is a fucking joke. :wacko:

It's been put out there recently actually by the Australia 21 Drug Report,

http://www.responsiblechoice.com.au/cannabis/australia21drugreport/

but we need to put it out there to our representatives, as in we want change in this area, and get some conversations happening. Groups researching and collaborating to produce reports on drugs seemingly have fuck all effect on policy in our country unfortunately, but real people talking about real issues and stories might.

Edited by Responsible Choice
  • Like 2

i don't no if this actually pisses me off or not.. 1st a war on bikies for 'selling dangerous drugs to our kids,' (keeping in mind in qld pot is classified as a dangerous drug) now all of a sudden he's supporting research into this 'dangerous drug' (that gets sold to our kids apparently). get ur fucking shit straight sir!

• Like 1

Id say newman does not support cannabis, but im sure he sees the money that could benefit himself from making it legal

• Like 3

I'd say it's more a matter of trying to find some way to split the votes of those who would unite against him.

• Like 4

Good point Yeti

Abbott has pissed off the entire population, so I expect he'll be looking into ways to claw back some ground with similar measures soon too.

Vote Liberal and receive a free bag of buds !

It wouldn't sway me though, the only way I'd ever vote Liberal would be at gunpoint.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 4

^ or if they adopted sensible policy positions across the board. But I think gunpoint is a more likely scenario than that...especially with the way things are going at the moment.

• Like 1

Vote Liberal and receive a free bag of buds !

Man, i accidentally voted for them once at uni under their insidious guise of the "Free Beer Party" .

Not falling for that one again!

Edited by Frank leDank

Bikies already run large amounts of weed across the country... If legalised bikies would be primed to run the legal trade right off the bat..... Newman gets rid of the competition..... Newman enters the legal weed industry & gets filthy fucking rich. Hmmm??