The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mystical oyster

Australia post

I've been stung by the express post scam a few times, so now I don't bother with it most times. You pay the extra money and look it up on the tracking page and it just seems to sit around until they get around to it.

Then I found out express post only applies to certain areas, if you are posting to or from (especially from) an area that is not on the list of postcodes that express applies to then they don't actually send it express. They don't make this known when you post it, you have to find that out yourself. It turns out I live in an area that's not on the list. I was ropeable when I found found out, they falsely represent it as express and take the money for a premium service that they know damn well they are not going to honour.

As far as I'm concerned it's fraudulent mis-representation. Post offices in an area not on the list should not be allowed to even sell the fucking express envelopes.

hint!!

I sent a small package (some 15cm x 15 cm little box) to australia some weeks ago and the postoffice clerk forgot to include the customs declaration sticker, i remembered long after I left the post office. Knowing that I have had parcels sent f.e. to usa returned to me because of that, and that oz customs are lots stricter , I would bet this would return to me or even stick to the customs.

It went through!!! . detail: destination adress was a PO BOX , maybe it played a role. it was not a registered package with tracking number.

maybe it was due to the small weight and size that it didn't need the customs declaration? was the dude simply lucky?

whatever the case, it can be done

oz post seems to arrive to uk faster than things from france so far

no crushed acacias yet; all been in bubble wrap

SAB's seeds were packaged like a tank

mail from china is packaged very well and padded too ..

big thanks to those who package well :)

big fk offs to postman bruce and postman pat tho still

hope DHL buys your guys postal service in oz too , mail from germany is faster than mail from the mainland uk and always arrives in impeccable condition

tracked to the door not just the country... and signed for

As far as I'm concerned it's fraudulent mis-representation. Post offices in an area not on the list should not be allowed to even sell the fucking express envelopes.

It says right there on the envelope where the express areas are. You are supposed to read stuff before you decide it tricked you somehow. And express packages sent from non-express areas will still be sent express once they reach civilisation, and therefore still faster than regular snail mail. They are just not guaranteed to arrive the next day.