The Corroboree
enohpi-zeekim

Brumansia, Ephedra Viridis legal or not?

Can anyone tell me have Brugmansia of all varieties been Banned made illegal to grow as a collector? And the same question again but for Ephedra viridis and Ephedra gerardiana? I

Oh and lophora cacti,

I was reading a page online and it said they were made illegal. Does anyone know the details about these species of plants as I have been collecting for years and these are just a few of the ones I have been starting to collect again after leaving my whole collection of plants and cacti in NZ to live in Queensland. I just think there is a lot of different ideas on them and I would like a bit of clarity.

Sorry but what? Don't get how that answers the question but thanks for your interest!

• Like 1

I think that regardless of the laws If you are only a collector and do not have a commercial amount of such plants ( just like little old granny down the road ) you should be fine, unless you are being targeted for some reason.

( edit - as for the current laws I know nothing and just assume everything is illegal - which here in SA it is )

Edited by cacti jihadist
  • Like 3

Ok. I just keep getting asked when I move house,by landlords," oh that's illegal isn't it, (brugmansia) and of coarse in NZ they aren't, so I say no its media hype about proposed legislation I think you'll find. But then I thought I better check as I wasn't real sure. But I only have one little lophora pup, and two small cuttings etc... But I enjoy building my collection doing grafts selective breeding, so on. I just enjoy having plants that have potential for medicine and just exotic plants. So I think it's true what you say that it's only if I was to have a production line garden or was trying to mix up a brew for Alice in wonderland. But if a nasty landlord or whatever wanted I could get in trouble could I? Well sounds that way! That's crap! They were gods gift to man before the government decided they were taking over management! Stupid. I thought it was still legitamate to grow certain species if you were a part if a botanic group such as we are.

I had no idea brugmansia were illegal my local nursery sells it....

• Like 1

Yeah that's what I mean, there's so many nurseries out there still selling them and normally when a law goes through they are first to get rid of them. Also apparently there's Bruges in the wild here in oz! As for the others well I'm not totally convinced I should go out and stomp my garden yet but it means I gave to be more careful how open I am with them when the landlords ask!

If you browse through the threads in this subforum ( legal matters ) you should be able to find a plethora of information on the first page.

Last i heard, everything in qld is illegal.

• Like 2

yea in queensland everything is illegal now .,...even riding motorbikes ! ;-) go newman

• Like 1

pretty much everything except coal mining anyway. have a drink with some mates down the pub? that's solitary confinement without bail. dig up more fossil fuels when the climate and our future is already well on the way to being fucked because of them? you deserve a medal in campbell's eyes. this is what happens when you put an ex-military fascist ignoramus in a position of power

EDIT: and if you are in qld - I really wouldn't worry about brugs. Every little old lady has them, and they really are just common ornamentals and collectibles. If anyone hassles you remind them how bloody poisonous they are, and how even if you did want to eat it for some stupid reason, and even if you could get the dosage right (read as:not fatally toxic) the effects are reported to be quite disturbing and unpleasant and very disorienting, with a possibility for uncontrolled violent psychosis. Hardly a drug of abuse or recreation.

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 3

I gave to be more careful how open I am with them when the landlords ask!

Far out man, i can't believe any landlord would care about any plant but cannabis, and maybe (MAYBE) poppies. Most people couldn't tell the difference between a pine tree and a eucalypt.

"It's a tree, mate".

• Like 1

yea in queensland everything is illegal now .,...even riding motorbikes ! ;-) go newman

even loitering is still illegal there, what a joke :rolleyes:

• Like 1