The Corroboree
Scarecrow

Great Barrier Reef dredging approved

Australia - the only thing we're good at is digging up & selling the land from beneath our feet, and pushing up housing prices.

I nearly posted a thread about this piece of 'news' a couple of days ago, but thought it to be too depressing.

• Like 1

Abbott is hell bent on damaging this country to the full extent of his ability. Very sad. Anyone that gives half a shit should be bombarding their local MPs with letters and/or emails about this.

• Like 5

Maybe It's time for a little environmental "extremism" ?

Hit them where it hurts ? I just feel peaceful protest, petitions, clicktivism, emails and phone calls don't have anywhere near the "required" impact.

Edited by cacti jihadist
  • Like 2

Maybe It's time for a little environmental "extremism" ?

Hit them where it hurts ? I just feel peaceful protest, petitions, clicktivism, emails and phone calls don't have anywhere near the "required" impact.

Like this? http://www.smh.com.au/business/accused-anz-hoaxer-jonathan-moylan-to-face-nsw-supreme-court-trial-20130924-2uba5.html

I found that whole ordeal to be hilarious. I can't believe the outrage over what he did, and yet there was barely any criticism towards the media's absence of basic fact checking.

Besides, what he did is pale in comparison to all the price fixing / manipulation scandals that have been occurring through virtually all financial markets (foreign exchange, LIBOR, commodities, stocks, etc). Powerless (well, complicit) regulatory bodies either turn a blind eye completely, or give offenders a slap on the wrist in the form a fine that's usually substantially less than any profits made..

The idea that we should be 'concerned' over his actions as it affected 'mum & dad investors' (as the story was spun by certain media outlets) is absurd and laughable, and really speaks volumes about the overall mentality toward greed at the expense of everything else in this country. Who cares about the environment when there's a quick buck to be made and a housing market / ponzi scheme that needs to be propped up and inflated as much as possible? Cue the world's smallest violin.

Edited by goneski
  • Like 4

Id give Jonathan Moylan a super sexy lap dance with a happy ending :)

• Like 2