The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teonanacatl

My conspiracy theory

So I do find it amazing what some people come up with as far as conspiracy theories go, but this is about more then just that! This is me having a dig at people who I view as saying illogical things. This is not intended to offend, merely to get people to think!

So I'm an organic chemist and Im quite down with pharmacology and drugs design. And this is where it all begins.....

The design:

If I were asked (by the military for example) to develop a drug to mind control the public my first question would be who specifically did you want to control? Within society there are people who would not require controlling as they would be like that anyway so no point wasting it on everyone. Realistically the gov would want to control people who were outspoken on matters against the gov, people who didnt follow the same beliefs, generally anarchists to the system. What sort of control would the gov want over these people? Discredit them? Tell them what to think? Or just to remove their autonomy? For me as the designing chemist I would be aiming to discredit and remove autonomy/ make life difficult for those people the gov wished to control.

So here is how I would do it! Natural products represent a significant source of pharmaceuticals and as such Id start there. For me the prime targets would be psychoactive drugs as these compounds elicit incredible responses within the body! The use of media and laws would be useful for discrediting drug users so that ticks one box! By making such compounds illegal you would make them more attractive to your target audience. Finally by the use of media and plants one could quite easily shape the culture that surrounded the use of such substances.

The result:

The targets would believe they were free from the gov, the use of illegal substances would be a symbol of this and would be mistaken for having "free thoughts". The culture that surrounded them would involve living on the fringe of society (for some) where one wouldnt interact with the main community and the stigma associated with the stereotype would discredit and alienate them from society- ie they are no longer a drain on the gov.

For others the culture would represent an aimless wandering searching for a "higher purpose", something that in my experience seems to involve living off gov money which is in itself removing their autonomy and making them rely on the gov. Such people would also probably be disenfranchised by their own beliefs establishing the current gov and its beliefs. The use of the psychoactive drugs makes them more susceptible to certain ideas and ideals, generally those counter to the gov at the time. These ideas and ideals could be infused into the culture through moles. The culture would become self perpetuating.

The next phase:

One needs a way to stop "innocent" law abiding citizens from being affect by the drugs, laws and media are some ways. However a more intriguing method would be to use the "anarchist tendencies" of the controlled group against themselves. Design a number of antidotes to the drugs and deliver them on mass to the public. Under the guise of pesticides, chemicals, vaccines and water additives (think fluoride) the mass public could be protected (or brainwashed again depending on your view) and those against such things no matter how hypocritical would swear they were mind control drugs designed by the gov and that they were still the only ones capable of free thinking!

Conclusion:

By developing and marketing psychoactive substances to certain demographics through he use of law and media the gov is able to "control" these people by removing them from society; discrediting them; and removing autonomy. Those of mainstream society are protected through the use of antidotes disguised as poisons.

Now the beauty of this system is the gov could create a number of cultures or sub cultures to control various factions of society using a variety of different drugs and marketing (think alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs).

Luckily for us this (as with most) conspiracy theory gives too much credit to the gov and their ability to think these things through. Lucky its not true right?

As long as alcohol is available,, there is no need to think ;p therefore no conspiracy ;-)

Great read Teo, as serious as this is,, made me laugh.

I’m actually convinced that this type of thing is actually done with drugs like heroin and crack cocaine particularly in the slums of the USA. If the poor are always high and involved in illegal activity then they would be far easier to control. If the born leaders and naturally strong within the poor communities are busy fighting each other over the drug trade, then they won’t be standing up to the government or inspiring the people to revolt.

Doesn't even have to be some huge sophisticated conspiracy, nor would anyone in the two major parties need to be implicated in the act. It would only need to be even one agency (like the CIA for example) with only a few people involved, flooding these areas with a heap of cheap drugs.

I like conspiracy theories ...................they are entertaining................a bit like watching a supernatural/horror........................you can believe in the story mildly.................go for the ride........................for a little while....................story...story.....

but if I was a physicist................and did the maths.............it generally comes out as a net loss for the conspirators..................where's the profit ?......................I think there's all a bit more chaos in our sociality/culture.................from peasant to oligarch...................... its a very competitive world and a govt. would be shooting itself in the foot......to slice and dice its populaces that way......................eg the drug thing in usa..............there's a lot of money being made by the big distributor's .and a corporate prison system..............hence a strong corporate lobby which is why the states has the highest incarceration rate in the world ................your typical police state.................but of course its stupid...chaos ...the govt has evolved into a giant parasite that has weaken its host (usa society) to such an extent .......its demise is inevitable ...................over taken by Chinese interest.....................its like betting against your own team...............Chinese oligarch's will piss western oligarch's down the guggler.......................

When evidence that people want to see is presented it is called 'fact.' When evidence that people just can't bear to look at is presented it is called 'conspiracy theory'.....

It's a good story, I'll admit. It ties together very well and makes sense. And that's the interesting thing about conspiracy theories, they have a tendency to do that - at least the good ones.

But there is need for some evidence. Unfortunately there is very little, the very fact that many of these chemicals are already so widely dispersed in nature lends to make me disbelieve that the government would need to create new chemicals that would do the same thing. They do have a profound effect on the brain which causes many to start questioning a lot of what society represents. This alone is enough to frighten them into bans and scare tactics.

Alcohol provides several useful functions. Apart from the fact that it is so prevalent taxes can be made. People can be funneled into certain areas where random violence can be largely controlled, but that same threat of random violence keeps the rest of the population afraid and off the streets at night. There is a controlled outlet for extreme frustration which stops people from thinking too hard about their situation. It's easy to make and is malleable in that so many variations on taste and effect can keep people from experimenting with other drugs which have a much nicer effect.

Tobacco again is easy to grow, taxable, and keeps people edgy and addicted without causing them to question society too much, unlike more pleasant, less medically dangerous alternatives.

There is a case to be asked about certain chemical additives prevalent in food and the water supply, a widely administered "calming" effect would be very useful to governments, but this is unrelated to psychoactive substances. There are groups who go off-grid with their own water and food supply who fall under the influence of a controlling guru or leader quite readily, so that social aspect of bowing to an authority figure is already deeply ingrained. We are social animals, after all. To be honest, most people are too tired to get violent. And too busy to protest. That's left to testosterone fueled males who are neatly diverted to alcohol dens where they are watched under cctv and a high police presence.

Controlling the media allows a very easy way to discredit alternative points of view. Reading the same bullshit over and over again makes people very comfortable and unchallenged. When something genuine comes along to challenge the status quo (I'm thinking Climate Change here) the media is used extensively to sow dissent and disagreement, to discredit the alternative perspectives and control any changes that may be forced onto society. The conspiracy theorists are turned on each other with conflicting ideas, thus discrediting real conspiracies, sowing confusion, and allowing the controllers to retain control.

I think the most likely aspect of your conspiracy is the use of chemical alternatives as food and water addiitives to control society and keep calm. But it must be being done on a global scale, otherwise you can't readily explain why China and India are so overpopulated and yet relatively safe, despite having (in India at least) a very patchy policing system.

I was just learning how to make a functional and attractive tin foil hat

In another post elsewhere on the forum......

And so, I present this amusing conspiracy for your enjoyment....attributing reality to nothing.

http://www.whenthenewsstops.org/2011/04/was-timothy-leary-cia-agent-was-jfk.html

Teo it almost reads like an advert for your services. makes sense, to advertise such services on a forum regularly trawled by the 'authorities,' good way to drum up some work... hows that for a conspiracy theory? :P

Wise to be wary!

I don't personally have the feeling of some immense entity (always "the government" or "big business") that is out to get "The [humble] People." Our society is based on the notion that people do have a voice in their own governance. However, I do get the feeling that the society's story, the mytho-poesis, itself guides the attitudes, manners, etc. And yet often the strength of a cultural story is its ability to convince itself and therefore its members that its mores, definitions, and even its science, are just human and somehow applicable to all people globally.

The perfect relevant example of this cultural amnesia is how a society weaned on the notion of Original Sin seems to often equate "being nice" with a submissive posture or somehow a non-threatening identity. Having encountered so many "humble" folks in the West who nearly do the cross hand gesture routine when speaking of ayahuasca, and also knowing that all come from a hyper-privileged background, I have become much more afraid of this kind of group than I am of a government agency that is ignorant on the subject. They are not humble - it's just an act - but they ride this false humility for the specific purpose of achieving a perceived power from their interest in aya, which, btw even though they may call themselves agnostic, atheist, buddhist, pantheist or whatnot, speak of aya like it is the Messiah!

Interesting thread also in light of the recent legalization in the state of Colorado, U.S.A. of the recreational use of marijuana. Often referred to as an 'experiment' - this still Federally illegal plant looks fast to becoming such a "government drug" as mentioned in the original post - - to what end, I wonder?

Wait, what are we talking about? What conspiracy? You're paranoid, dude!

Snowden might have a different opinion about Govt

SNOWDEN FOR PRESIDENT 2016

True Shonman! That we speak relevantly about Snowden shows something about how people in our society can have an important say in how our government works. But his actions also show that he cares about government, specifically a government that can be checked. Our extreme idealogical xenophobia (strong word, I know, but I use it in the sense of being suspicious of the Other) IMO stems from a cultural checks & balances system in which the "eye" - the tropaic - is given to the people in the spirit of making sure that no One or Group gets too powerful. In theory. In practice the constant hovering Eye of the group can be debilitating to anyone who does not conform to its primary set of expectations, definitions, manners, mores, mantras, etc. Yet I believe that, though there may be a considerable lapse between a governing agency's ethics and any one's personal ethics on any matter, we are part of the same process, and the government can be changed, because it is ours. My personal doubts are due to the fact that the majority, and therefore the representation of the majority's psyche in government, is painfully oppressive IMO. It is my neighbors, in other words, and more specifically, their Eyes, that feel to me more a threat. The positive is that we can speak of Snowden in our open forum system, whereas that would not have been the case in many societies.

"rapt attention."

Pendell

THE eye, eh.....

as in...Illum-at-eye?

speaking of that eye in the sky

check out this poster from the 1700';s French revolution....

goto Wikipedia site, look up 'French revolution'

for some reason, I can't cut and paste the url

Interesting poster, but no, nothing like Illuminati

more like a socialized way of seeing, as in being perpetually paranoid to the point of projecting all manner of demons that are out to getcha!

"Or, if not, at least rapturous inattention"

Pendell

Just because your Perry Noid

Doesn't mean they are not out to get you!

Ask the NSA