The Corroboree
sharxx101

Meet up: Melbourne

that was really wonderful! Such a good group of people. Glad to see each and every one of you and share the plants and food.

It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to get to hang with younall when im down.

• Like 2

glad to hear you all had a good day.

sorry to have missed you all.

• Like 1

That was lot's of fun! Great catching up ... we must do this far more often :)

• Like 3

I'm glad to hear that it went well, bummed that I missed it. Stupid migraine. All well next time. 

are we going to do an early spring meet? let's shoot for the end of august or so?

• Like 1

Hi All,  How does Sunday August 27th at noon near the Tecoma Pavilion at the eastern edge of the Melbourne Botanical Gardens?  As usual, my luck in the garden has been too good, and I've got lots of plants to give away to whoever attends.  How can we tell all the local gardeners, who have ticked "no" to this forum emailing them when something gets posted here?  On the day, you can give me ideas on what to cover for my hands-on gardening workshop at the upcoming EGA in a few months.  Cheers,  Carl

The 27th you say? I might actually be able to make that.

August 27th

ill let yoall know

• Like 1

i'm not gonna be able to make it sorry guys :(

Hi All,

IF you've been to our Melbourne Gardener's meetings before,

AND are free around mid-day this Sunday (27 August 2017),

AND can get to the outer eastern suburb of Wantirna South (i.e. Westfield Knox Shopping Centre),

THEN -=text=- (not ring) me ASAP, and I'll take you on a tour of a beautiful garden I'm involved with.

Mobile  0427 024 735

Carl

p.s.  Let's get lots of local hands-on gardeners active and involved ASAP, in preparation for the EGA in Victoria in December this year.  There should be lots of newcomers in need of seeds, cuttings, compost, pots, guidance, etc.  Let's be ready for them!  :-)

• Like 1

I have family commitments this weekend, so I'm out. 

Maybe we can have a meet in December before or after EGA  and hopefully we can get some interstaters attend :) . 

• Like 3

Solid idea Ammo, we should have a bigfunparty!~ 

As for the morrow, I will be there and be square, with a rag-tag bunch of larrikins. We're unconventional, but we may be the Earth's only hope.

PS can anyone pls bring us a cube print? really want to try this new microscope. I would also be interested in trading for some ipomoea or rivea seeds (not really interested in argyreia) so i can investigate a long-standing theory about the lysergic content of the abovementioneds being due to symbiotic fungi within the seeds. wew!

PPS this is how i envision tomorrow to go:

dud woh.jpg

59a1199a46b0d_dudwoh.thumb.jpg.a933b67953d37c74d678dab8bd1592c6.jpg

59a1199a46b0d_dudwoh.thumb.jpg.a933b67953d37c74d678dab8bd1592c6.jpg

fck fck fckitty fck

i cant make it.

Hi All,

If you're going to EGA in December 2017:  I'll be presenting some hands-on gardening workshops there, and PROMOTING THE MELBOURNE GROWERS' MEET-UPS.  So, let's have a meet-up at the usual place, the first Sunday after the EGA?  We need to get our numbers up, eh.

Today's (Sunday 27 Aug 2017) noon-ish meeting...

PLEASE NOTE:  Due to the low response rate, INSTEAD OF THE BOTANIC GARDENS, I'm going to have a few folks over at my garden, near WANTIRNA SOUTH (~30 km due east of the Melbourne CBD).  When you're in the area, just ring or text me, and I'll guide you in to the exact address. 

Carl Turney

Mobile  0427 024 735

maybe the meet was called too early, could we re schudule for late september.

still plenty of time to help you out for ideas Carl.

I'm keen on a meet this September, I miss you guys. Although, I won't be around for the 22nd weekend but after that I'm cool, maybe first of October?

Edited by irabionist

I'm keen for a meet before EGA in December. We should probably pow wow together before then.

Plus, it's Spring. We need to celebrate that at least. :).

• Like 1

i can do 8, but we need to cement a day so i can get some time off

• Like 1

Dates don't worry me so the 8th of October is cool for me, Stu.

All interested just try to lock in a date. I'll be there. The Gardens are lovely in Spring

@obtuse: We do need to catch up. Got Alan coming over to talk for EGA. I'm trying to keep him in the country until the fungi arrive down here. I'm without a vehicle for the next few weeks but hope to have a new space ship soon. We'll work something out.