The Corroboree
sharxx101

Meet up: Melbourne

always nice to catch up with people.

thank you so much for the plants.  hope to return the favor one day :D  muchas gracias

• Like 1

Was lovely to meet you all.

Thanks for plants as well :)

• Like 2

Hi,

I liked Philip Glass's music, for the first minute or two.  Then it just felt like the famous Chinese Water Torture.

Philip Glass formula for becoming rich and famous...

1 - Think up a 3- or 4-note jingle.

2 - Slap it onto a continuous loop for 5-10-15 minutes.

3 - Sell it to young people on drugs.

4 - End of formula for success.

Ergo, I guess you could say I'm not a fan.  Don't know anything about music theory/nomenclature, but have been spoiled for decades with music that is made up of many different notes and tempos, is composed of different distinct phases/sections, that transitions from one phase/section to another, etc.

So, I may listen to his stuff, for a short while, if someone paid me, and I was on something mind-numbing enough.  :-)

Cheers,

Carl

p.s.  Am thinking of a meeting in early April, in/near that park in Kew (better parking, traffic, etc).  And still have lots of different plants to give away to anyone with a green thumb.

I was actually thinking of heading to that, i'll le tyou know if i decide to go

Hey folks.. I am returning to melbourne for a few short days in late april! Iwould love to catch up with youz folks again while I am there, I am thinking of having a dinner get together at some restaurant somewhere on the 21st of april, and or perhaps a meet in the RBG like usual but on the 22nd april.

How does people feel about that? 

If you have any tropical/subtropical plants you want to go to a good home... Im totally ready!:P

• Like 2

Super keen to meet some of the Melbourne folk. 

Please keep me filled in.

I don't have much to offer in terms of seed or pants as i am still getting my garden up and running over here, but i am definitely up for meeting some new people and conversing.

If anybody is interested in meeting up whilst its still warm please chuck up a post or pm me as to a good time that will suit everybody. :) 

Hi All,

Just so happens the March for Science (and Earth Day) are both on Saturday 22nd of April.  The March starts at 1:30 (State Library) and ends at 3:00 (State Parliament) with events in a nearby park after that.  It would be nice to see as many of you as possible WELL BEFORE then, and give out as many plants as you can take off my hands.  (I've got a ute, some of the plants are tall, can't really leave them alone unattended.)

I've really had a guts-full of the Royal Botanic Gardens.  Traffic and parking anywhere near that area are hell.  Everyone please seriously consider the park in Kew, at the corner of Cotham Road (AKA Whitehorse Road) and Gellibrand Street.  Traffic and parking and public transport etc. is nicer.  It's also the "population centre of gravity" for the Melbourne metropolitan area. 

We had a LOW turnout at the last event, so it would be nice to have LOTS of folks appear, whenever and wherever we choose.

Also, if you're taking public transport, but want some plants, please organise someone (Uber Utes?) to help you with the logistics.

Ta,

Carl

Hey folks.. I am returning to melbourne for a few short days in late april! Iwould love to catch up with youz folks again while I am there, I am thinking of having a dinner get together at some restaurant somewhere on the 21st of april, and or perhaps a meet in the RBG like usual but on the 22nd april.

How does people feel about that? 

If you have any tropical/subtropical plants you want to go to a good home... Im totally ready!:P

:wub::bootyshake::wub:

Hi guys,

I am from the Gold Coast and heading to Melbourne tomorrow for 10 days. I am new to the forum and group and it would be great to meet up with some of you while I am there. I am staying not far from VIC markets. Cheers!

Hi Rocky, Very sorry, but I'm very flat out myself for the next week or so.  Planned to organise/host something, but work stuff etc. is just taking over me.  Hope that other local members post here, or private message you.  Don't forget the excellent goods on sale and many growers, back up in Northern NSW e.g. at Shaman Australis.  Carl

Hey folks just letting you know the dates are set! I will be in the RBG at the usual place at around midday the 22nd April so Ihope you can come along.

Also as previously stated Iwill be having a dinner in Northcote at a vegetarian restaurant with friendly people. If you want to come to dinner let me know so I can make the reservations. Look forward to seeing you all!

• Like 2

Hi All:  Sorry, but I won't be able to make it on April 22nd.  (1)  It's Earth Day (or something).  (2)  It's the March for Science event (State Library to Parliament House) about that time.  (3)  I'm rostered to work until 3pm, and will be totally buggered by the end of my shift.  Have a good time.  Carl the ex Yank

Hi all, been a while since ive been around here. Would love to meetup with people if anyone's interested? I have seeds to share :)

• Like 1

yes there is a meet on this saturday -i will be in the gardens from around midday.

also having dinner at loving hut from around 645 tomorrow address below if you wanna come!

• Like 2

If I don't fuck up I'll be there for the meet :D
How is Loving Hut? I always pass it but never tried it out?

yeah its very nice and i enjoy their faux meats :) see you at the gardens

damn looks like i cant make it.

the plant sexpo is on at tesselaar gardens. and im busy on sunday so cant swap things around.

see what i can do to meet for dinner, but maybe pop in and say hi,

update:  nup, sorry cant make dinner or the meet.  sorry i missed you niggles.  have fun all.

Edited by obtuse

Hey guys, I've kind of dropped of the radar the past few months, but I'm starting to get withdrawals now so I'll definitely be in to get my fix of plant heads!

Hey Iv been lurking here for quite a while but never posted (still new to a lot of this) Is anyone welcome to this meet up? Iv never been but it would be lovely to meet some like minded people (:

• Like 2